Blood Status
Unknown
Relationship Status
Too Young to Care
Sexual Orientation
too young
Wand
Straight 9 Inch Sturdy Ash Wand with Boomslang venom Core
Giselle Miller had been new to New Zealand. Her and her adopted family had to move to New Zealand, due to one of her parents having a job offer. Which had resulted for her to go to the magical school in New Zealand. Giselle wasn't happy that she had to move to another country, as she had to leave her friends in America behind.

She had decided that she was going to do some exploring today, to see what was so special about this place she was going to live in. Giselle had walked around the village, until she noticed a park, only a few people were at the park. She walked hurriedly towards the park and towards the set of swings that were placed in the playground, that was in the centre of the park, not noticing that someone else was sitting on the swing next to the one she sat in.

Aisling was sitting on the swing, quietly thinking to herself while staring off into the distance ahead. Her mother was spending the day sorting out paperwork, so she had taken the chance to go out and explore a bit.

New Zealand was interesting. Quite different to Ireland, really, but similar in some ways. The history was fascinating - she had spent hours reading about it.

She wasn’t sure whether she missed her old town much. It had been a tiny village in the middle of nowhere, with no good shops or parks, but the other kids had been nice. They would hang out after school and sometimes get in a bit of mischief.

She was looking forward to starting school though, but that was a whole year away. She needed to keep herself occupied until then.

Aisling looked up as another girl walked up to the swings and go to on the one next to her. She hadn’t seemed to of noticed her.

“Hello,” she said, smiling.

Giselle jumps up on the swing with surprise when she hears a voice she wasn't expecting, and turns to where the voice came from. She notices that a girl around her age was sitting on the swing that was next to her. "Oh, u-uh hello" Giselle says quietly as she stutters a little from surprise. "I didn't see you there, sorry" Giselle says as she looks down and fiddle with a piece of loose fabric at the end of her sleeve.

“That’s ok”, said Ainsley. “Sorry if I scared you.” She turned away to look into the distance. The girl obviously hadn’t noticed her, perhaps because she had been deep in thought. She turned back.

“I’m Ainsley, Ainsley Sullivan. What’s your name?”

Giselle smiles a little. "It's okay, I guess" Giselle says with a slight shrug, looking slightly at the girl, still playing with the loose fabric of her jumper, swinging slightly on the swing. "Oh, uh I'm Giselle. Nice to meet you, Aisling" Giselle says with a small smile. Giselle looked around the park, seeing people of many different ages playing or walking around the park. "So... are you going to Hogwarts next year?"

Last edited:
Aisling ran a hand through her unruly hair. She hoped she hadn’t surprised Giselle too much.

“Aye, I am.” She smiled. “I’m quite looking forward to it, actually.” She swung her legs back and forth, enjoying the cool breeze that whipped through her hair.

“I haven’t got a clue what it’ll be like though. I’m from Ireland, you see, and my mum’s a Muggle so she doesn’t really know what it’ll be like either.”

She turned to face Giselle. “What about you? Are you looking forward to it? Assuming you’ll be going too.”

Giselle nods when Aisling tells her about how she'll be attending Hogwarts and a little bit of her life. "I have no idea what the school is like either" Giselle says with a slight laugh. "But I grew up with magic all my life. I don't know much about the muggle world. But my pops says the muggle world is fun" Giselle says with a small smile. "Well, I'm kinda excited? I'm still a little angry that we moved here though. But we'll see when we go" Giselle says with uncertainly and slight sadness. Giselle was still angry that she had to move to New Zealand. She had to move to another part of the world, when she had finally made some friends back home. "What's Ireland like?"

Aisling listened as Giselle talked, noticing that she seemed a tad sad. She could relate to that. At first, she had been quite resentful to leave Ireland, but her mum had explained that it was all for the best and that she would love New Zealand.

When Giselle asked her about her home country, she thought for a minute. “Ireland? Well...it’s quite similar to here in a lot of ways. There’s lots of countryside, lots of interesting history and the most beautiful old buildings you’ve ever seen.” She smiled. “There’s Newgrange too, it’s a beautiful place. And at night, in the towns and the villages, you’ll always hear people singing along to the bands that play in the pubs.” Aisling stopped before laughing nervously. “Sorry,” she said. “I got a bit carried away there.”

Describing Ireland had made her feel a little homesick. It was her birthplace after all, and she knew she wouldn’t be going back for at least eight years. She tried to swallow down the lump in her throat before turning to Giselle.

“So, where are you from then?”

Giselle listens intently while Aisling talks about her hometown. When Aisling spoke about her home country, it had made Giselle miss it slightly more, and by thinking about missing her hometown and country, It had made her slightly more mad. "It sounds beautiful" Giselle says with a slight smile after Aisling spoke of Ireland. "You don't need to apologize. I understand" Giselle says sincerely. When Aisling had asked Giselle where she was from. She instantly thought of Miami, and the beautiful beaches that were there. "I'm from America. Florida, to be exact." Giselle said with slight sadness as she turned to face Aisling.

Aisling smiled. She was glad that Giselle understood what she was feeling. It made her feel better knowing that there were other people out there who were getting used to a new country as well.

“America,” she smiled, playing with one of the rings on her fingers. “That sounds really cool and exotic. I guess it must be really different here.” She paused. “Why did you move?”

Giselle smiles. "Yeah, it is. But, I got to say, New Zealand is a pretty eco friendly country. I like that" Giselle says with a small smile. When Aisling had asked why she had moved, Giselle's smile slowly dropped and thought for a moment. Should she tell a stranger, someone who she just met the actual answer? "Uh, well, It had something to do with one of my dads" Giselle says instead, with a vague answer, with some slight sadness lingering. She had slight trouble trusting people for the moment, since she had a hard time to trust people, it was hard for her to make friends.

Aisling nodded. She sensed that Giselle didn’t want to elaborate, and she understood that. She probably had pushed too far.

“Sorry,” she said. “That was a bit of a personal thing to ask.” She scuffed her shoes on the ground below, trying to think of something else to say.

“So...what house do you think you’ll be in next year?” She asked.

Giselle sends a small smile, signaling that she was thankful Aisling had dropped it. "It's okay. Who knows, I might tell you in the future" Giselle says with a small giggle. She had some slight hope that Her and Aisling may become friends. She thinks for a moment. "Uhm, I don't know to be honest with you. I don't mind. I guess Ravenclaw or Hufflepuff would be nice. But we'll see what the hat says" Giselle says with a smile and shrug. "What about you?"

Aisling smiled, glad that Giselle seemed to of perked up a bit. She seems really sweet and perhaps in need of a friend.

“House? Hmm, I’m not sure. I’m kind of hoping Ravenclaw, and to be honest, I am a bit of a nerd sometimes.” She laughed and tucked her hair behind her ears. “My mum kind of hopes that’s I’ll be in Gryffindor like my dad though.”

Giselle laughs. "Well, lets just say I'm a nerd too sometimes" Giselle says with a smile. Giselle listens to what Aisling says about the Hogwarts houses. "Oh I see. My dad and pops don't really mind what house I'm in and don't really know much about this school. So it doesn't matter to them" Giselle says with a smile. "Whatever house you're in, I'm sure you'll do well" Giselle says genuinely. Giselle looks out to the distance again, swinging slightly on the swing, before looking back at Aisling. "Have you made any friends since you arrived?"

Aisling smiled. “Thank you,” she said. “I’m sure you’ll do great too.” She watched as Giselle swung around and suddenly had the urge to swing as high as she could and jump off.

“Well, you’re the first person I’ve really talked too, so currently no.” Aisling pushed off the ground with her feet and swung up. “Hopefully that changes though.”

Giselle smiles and starts to swinging a little higher along with Aisling. "You're the first person I talked too as well. I guess that's something" Giselle says with a laugh and shrug. "If you wanted to-" Giselle cuts her self off for a second, a little worried of the answer that would be given to her after the question she asks. She thinks for a moment if she should ask the question. "If you wanted to, we can be friends?" Giselle finally says quietly and slows down her swinging, while being prepared for the worst.

Aisling beamed. “I would love that,” she said, also starting to slow down her swing. She smiled again. Somebody wanted to be her friend. Aisling wasn’t used to this. Because she’d spent her whole life moving around, she’d always joined schools halfway through the year, when everybody else had already formed their own little cliches. Usually, it took her weeks to really start to get to know anyone. But this felt different. Aisling felt like she and Giselle were going to be good mates.

Giselle let out a sigh of relief. She was glad that someone agreed to be her friend. It was usually hard for her to make friends. She started to swing higher again with a laugh. "Well, I'm glad." Giselle says with a big smile. She had a feeling that her and Aisling were going to get on well. "So, friend, tell me some stuff about yourself" Giselle says with a small smile and curiosity. Giselle wanted to get to know her new friend.

Aisling grinned. “Well, I was born in Cork, Ireland, but I’ve spent my whole life moving about. I’ve lived in Wales, England, Switzerland and even spent a couple of months in Australia. Far to hot there, if I’m being honest.” She pulled a hair tie from her wrist and put her hair up in a messy ponytail. “Let’s see...I play the fiddle, have done since I was five. I’m learning a bit of classical violin too.” She stopped swinging and bit her lip, deep in thought. “Oh, and I play Quidditch. I played back in Ireland and I want to join a house team next year.”

Aisling smiled. “And that’s what’s to know about me.” She nudged Giselle. “So, what about you then?”

Giselle smiles. "Well, I'm from Miami, Florida. Like I mentioned earlier. I'm adopted, so I technically don't know where exactly where I was born" Giselle says with a slight shrug and smile. "I have never really travelled, aside from moving here." Giselle continued on after thinking what else to say about herself. "Oh, Quidditch? I haven't really played the game. I'm not really into sports." Giselle laughs a little. "I don't play instruments, but I do love fashion, comic books and plants" Giselle says as she continues to swing, while looking at Aisling. "Do you have any siblings?"

Aisling swung her legs and twisted a lock of hair around her finger before answering. “No, I haven’t got any siblings. It’s just my mum and I, really.” She sighed. “I kind of wish I had a little brother or something, but oh well. I make the best of what I’ve got.” She unwinded the lock of hair. It had curled slightly. “Have you got any siblings then?”

Giselle smiles slightly. "Yeah, I don't think you'd like having a little brother" Giselle says with a slight laugh and shook her head a little. She did love her little brother, but he was always annoying her. "But I guess it does get lonely sometimes?" Giselle asked curiously, hoping that she didn't push too far or what she was asking was a sensitive spot to Aisling. "Yeah, two." Giselle said with a slight smile. "A big sister and a little brother"

Aisling chuckled slightly. “It is a bit sometimes,” she said, “but I guess I’m used to it. It’s just...because I’ve always been moving around, I’ve never really had someone else I could confine in. Like someone I could just tell everything and they’d just...get it.” She sighed, before shaking her head. “Gah, I’m sorry. That was kind of gloomy.” Aisling laughed. “Anyway, that’s cool. Has your sister started at Hogwarts?”

Giselle smiles sympathetically and then shakes her head. "No, its alright. I can kinda understand in a sense" Giselle says with a genuine smile. Again, it was heard for Giselle to make friends most of the time, this lead her to be lonely most of the time, she did love her family, but she couldn't always tell her family things that she wanted to tell her friends. "No, she went to Ilvermorny. Its the wizarding school in America" Giselle says with a small smile. She wondered what the difference between Ilvermorny and Hogwarts New Zealand. "Do you know what classes you're excited for?" Giselle says with curiosity, as she continues to swing on the swing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back