OOC First Name
Ana
Blood Status
Half Blood
Relationship Status
Single
Wand
Knotted 10" Rigid Alder Wand with Mermaid Scale Core
The second Weston had heard about the pen pal program, he had immediately signed up. It would be so fun to have friends not just at school, but across the entire world. The program had paired him with someone in Ilvermorny, which was perfect. He'd been fascinated by the United States ever since the History of Magic field trip last semester. Armed with the name of his new friend, Weston had quickly written out a letter and braved his fear apprehension of owls to deliver it. This was certainly a lot more fun than writing his parents.

Hi Micha!!!!

My name is Weston, and I'm your pen pal! They said we're supposed to introduce ourselves, so you should know I'm 12 and a half years old, and I'm a second year at Hogwarts New Zealand in Ravenclaw House. Ravenclaw is the coolest house by the way. It's for the smart and creative people and we live in a tower and there are these super awesome floor-to-ceiling windows that let you see EVERYTHING. I'm from Auckland, and I've lived in New Zealand my whole life. Have you ever been to New Zealand? I've been to America. My History of Magic class went on a field trip to Washington, D.C. last year, and I met a guy named Sam at the big history museum there. Do you know a Sam from Pittsburgh?

What is Ilvermorny like? Do you guys also live in a castle? Hogwarts has a huge lake, and there's a giant man-eating eel living in it. I think the forest nearby also has centaurs. Do you have any cool creatures living at Ilvermorny? Which house is the best one?

Write back soon!!

Your pen pal,
Weston

P.S. How do you say your name? Is it Mike-ah? Mee-cha? Mitch-ah? Weston is pronounced like "western" but not really, in case you were wondering. Wes-ton.

Micha had been thrilled to sign up for a pen pal when the opportunity presented itself. He spent weeks theorizing who his pal would be and where they would be from. It felt so old timey, like they were the characters in some kind of antique book to write letters and waiting for a response. He waited impatiently for his first letter to arrive and nearly forgot all about the whole thing by the time it was finally delivered to him. But he recognized what it was the moment it was in his hand and he nearly shouted with excitement when he saw it was from all they way in New Zealand. He glanced around eager to share his exciting news but no one around him seemed interested so he tore open the letter and started thinking about his reply right away.

Dear Weston!

It's so good to hear from you! I am also 12 and a second year. We have different houses here at Ilvermorny and I'm in Puckwudige. It's an ok house, its supposed to represent the heart and it's named after a magical creature that kind of looks like a goblin. I think Horned Serpent is the closest one to Ravenclaw and Thunderbirds are pretty cool. And we call Ilvermorny a castle but it's more like a really big stone house. Not that I've ever seen a real castle to compare it to. I've never been to New Zealand either. What is Auckland like?

I don't know a Sam from Pittsburgh, sorry. But I have been to Washington D.C. with my family before and that sounds like such a cool field trip! I'm actually from Canada. Winnipeg to be exact! Which is the capital of Manitoba and it's pretty cool even if it snows a lot during the winter. But it's also a good thing because it freezes the pond behind my house and I can play hockey anytime I want. Do you play any sports? I also just made the quidditch team as the alternate seeker! I'm a little nervous but excited for practices to start. I'm trying to get my brother to skate with me but he doesn't like it very much. Do you have any siblings? I have an older sister and a little brother. We also have two dogs, do you have any pets? I like animals a lot and my dad is a vet so I get to see all kinds of animals if I go to work with him.

That might be enough questions for now! Hope to hear from you soon!!!

Sincerely.
Micha!

P.S. It's like Mike-ka!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back