Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Seeing Somebody
Sexual Orientation
Bi (Flynn)
Wand
Curly 14 1/2 Inch Unyielding Cypress Wand with Veela Hair Core
Open after Kris posts with Brooke
Ivy was feeling terrible and kind of wished she could just go to the dorm again. Maybe she should just leave? She had hoped to be asked to the dance, had honestly kind of expected that Sawyer would ask her after the way they had talked at the last one, but he hadn't. She had been disappointed, especially as she had suspected he might have sent her the anonymous pink rose she had gotten. But worse was the way he had just reacted when she had tried to approach him. Ivy had thought maybe they could still at least chat, the way they had last time, but at the sight of her approaching, Sawyer had... ran off. She wanted to convince herself that hadn't been what had happened, but there was no mistaking it. His eyes had widened at the sight of her and then he had quickly rushed away. Ivy felt horrible, did he hate her all of a sudden? Or had she simply imagined he liked her? Worse, had she scared him last time, when she had tried out her veela powers on him? Deep down, Ivy knew that had to be it. She had taken a seat at one of the tables and was leaning on the table with her elbows, scowling at the tablecloth. She suddenly hated the heart-shaped decorations. It was all so stupid.

There were days that Brooke felt like she could almost understand why Sydney acted the way she did. It was a lot easier to think no one liked you if you were awful to them on purpose. Not that Brooke thought that. It was more the growing realization that maybe making friends or even dating was a lot harder than she'd thought. It was frustrating, to find there was a thing Brooke couldn't just read about and be better at.

There was no point wallowing in the idea though Brooke thought resolutely, brushing her hair over her shoulder and exhaling as she looked around the hall. And it wasn't like she had no friends at the school anyway, she thought, spotting Ivy looking positively dour while sitting at a nearby table. "What did the table do to offend you so much?" Brooke said lightly, lowering herself into the seat next to Ivy and fixing her with a bemused smile. She was already feeling better seeing what a foul mood Ivy seemed to be, though she was deathly curious what'd set her off.

Ivy glanced up at the sound of someone sitting down, sighing softly at the sight of Brooke. She sat up straight, tossing her hair back with another sigh. "It's not the table." She muttered. She debated if she could share with her, but then decided there was no reason not to. "It's Sawyer. I thought he'd ask me." She said quietly. "I got a pink rose I thought was from him, but I guess not." She paused. "He ran away from me just now, it was mortifying."

Brooke twirled a piece of hair as she waited for Ivy to spill, unsurprised to hear her frown wasn't in fact the result of distasteful decorating. "Sawyer... Really?" she said dubiously, raising an eyebrow and glancing around the hall to see if she could spot the Ravenclaw. What was it with all her friends and Sawyer Carnahan. He seemed like a dork to Brooke, but once again she wondered if she underestimated the appeal of being on a Quidditch team. "Someone sent you a pink rose? What'd it say?" Brooke asked, leaning across the table curiously. "Did you want it to be from Sawyer? Kinda sounds like he's a bit of a loser if he ran off like that," Brooke said slyly, returning to twirling her hair.

Ivy sighed and frowned at Brooke's tone. "I know you don't like him, but he's really nice. And sweet, in an awkward way." She admitted a little sadly. Ivy tucked some of her hair behind her ear, looking away. She then pulled the note out of her purse and showed it to Brooke, feeling like it was less embarrassing to let her read it, rather than say it out loud. "I just... thought it could be him." She mumbled. "I don't know who else it could be."

You are the most beautiful, intelligent, amazing, vaguely terrifying girl in school. Enjoy your Valentine's

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back