Blood Status
Unknown
Relationship Status
Married
Sexual Orientation
Dederick
Wand
Briars rowan, 15", with centaur (aspens) tail hair and my werewolf fur
It was one of the first days back at school for most of the students, the general post holiday vibe was still strong and buzzing through the air like static. tales of holidays on the beach, and shopping in fancy places, and visiting family filled the air like a constant hum. briar enjoyed basking in other peoples stories asher own holiday ha been nothing like that, she had spent the first half of the break camping in the mountains, and then she had spent the last two weeks in st mungo's recovering from an accident which will affect the rest of her life. she had only been released from hospital five days ago, and had spent the remainder of the holidays frantically making sure she had brought everything she needed for the next year. as well as her normal school supplies she had bought some new shoes (red converses of corse), and a couple of books on werewolves, as her old shoes had gotten wrecked in the accident that had landed her in the hospital; and as much as she hated reading she needed to find out as much as she could about werewolves. today however she wanted a break from the frantic rush of the last days of her holidays, and the excitement in the school. she headed outside, not to run, or even fly but just to sit for a while. she found a bench in the garden that was rather near the tree that she had been shown housed the entrance to a secret room where werewolves could stay on the nights of a full moon. she knew that it wouldn't be a pleasant thing but she had worked out if she played her cards right she would be able to get by without telling anyone about her condition.

Madlyn days back in school went a little depressing than usual. Sure she was promoted to perfect and her badge pin on her robes ought to have make her feel better. But you just don't get over a death of a love one that easy. Least not for her, the school was the one place most student would go to get away from the memories. It was not like that for her, it was so much like home but worst because it was the place her father had died. Still she came, she had no choice really. Iris was going to Scotland to send Jackie to school over there, if she had stayed home she would have been alone.

In school everyone kept a good eye on her, she notice that lately it's been the case. But it was least of her worries when coming back after the holiday, very least. The one person she been worried about the entire holiday was avoiding her she could tell right away for the moment she first saw her. Every chance she tried to get her corner in the command room, the gryffindor sixth year fled before Madlyn had her chance. Well than it was time to take a different approach, she wander around the school looking for Briar. Eventually she ended up in the garden and what she saw her! Wand out, aiming her from high over the edges she shouted, "Locomotor Mortis!" in hopes the spell would lock her legs together to keep her from running away.

Briar head someone behind her. before she could check and see who it was she head the incantation and felt her legs locking. she turned to see her sister, Madlyn. coming towards her, she wasn't going to run away, she wanted to see how her sister was, but she hated having the spell on her, it was just another way that she didn't have control over her body. what people didn't know was tat not having control of her body had been her boggart since she had first remembered it, now she knew that it would have changed, it would be her friends having being attacked or them turning her away once they found out. she stuck a smile on her face as Madlyn came over "Hey Madlyn, long time, no see. how have you been?" she asked hopeing that she was feeling a little better after her holidays. she noticed the badge on her sisters robes, she knew she she had become a prefect, it was the first thing she had asked Professor Kingsley, even before asking if she would be able to continue at the school. "Well done in becoming a prefect, I knew that you would" she said trying to stand up and jump her way to Madlyn. unfortunately she stumbled and ended up sprawled on her face.

Madlyn was infuriated with Briar, and it did not help the wild red headed girl was acting real nice to her. "Shut up" she said as soon as she started to speak pointing her wand at Briar. "How come you wasn't around?! Why didn't you come back home, I spent all summer worried sick about you and all you can say is hey Madlyn how've you been?!" an overwhelmingly large girl was full of emotions she could not help but spare them to her. She deserve every bit that was coming to her, "I needed you and you wasn't there. You're suppose to be my best friend and all you did was run away. You're a coward you know that?!" she flick her wand again and had attempted to hoover Briar by the ankle now.

briar could see that a conversation was not what was going to happen and from down on the floor she hears Madlyn shouting at her. she girl looked taller than ever due to Briars low vantage point. she reached for her own wand, and pointed it at her own legs muttering the song that would reverse the hex on her legs. "I thought that you would need some space. goodness every time I saw my self i remembered what happened, I didn't want you or the rest of your family to have the same constant reminder" she said once she had gotten back on her feet. after she had learned that it was centaurs who had attacked her stepfarther she had been shaken to her core. he original family had been centaurs and se had spent the first eleven years of her fife seeing herself as one of them, even though her time on the school she had started to see herself as a twohoof human, she still had felt at least part centaur, this was why she had planed herself even though she knew that he had nothing to do with the attack and had no way of stopping it.
the next thing Madlyn said sparked her anger. in some of the darkest nights the thought had crossed her mind, taunting he like a bag of sweets would taunt a child who couldn't have them, hearing Madlyn say it hurt, much more than anything else tat the girl could have done. "I thought t was what you needed. Protago. and it wasn't like I chose an easy way. Have you ever tried collecting enough food to live off, in mountains, in the middle of winter." she shouted, casting a shield in the middle to block whatever spell Madlyn had planed to fire at her. she wouldnt hit back at the girl as she new that she in some ways deserved t, but she thought that what has happened to her should have been enough pay pack for her cowardliness, if that is what it was.

"Well you thought wrong" she work down in a stance, it may seems silly to anyone else that a part giant would have to defend themselves from someone as small as Briar, however it wasn't the case. Briar a year older and advance in magic made sense why she needed to stand to a way to defend herself. She waved her wand once more and called out, "Stupefy!" the spell bounce right off Briar's shield, it wasn't near strong enough for her to hit her good in the chest. "Don't give me your load crap, you had a place to stay a place to eat. You thought just because I'm this big that I can handle everything well on my own. No Briar, no I couldn't handle everything on my own! I was close to not even coming back because you were missing... Tell me why I shouldn't curse you now?!"

Briar could tell that she had made the bad decision due to the curses that were flying at her. she didn't need to be told that she tok a step forward trying to decide if she should fight back but she didn't want to. Madlyn was right, she knew, what she had done had been reckless but she wasn't going to admit it. as a jet of red light flew towards her she was glad that she had her shield up. it bounced and ended up hitting a random bench. "I knew you couldn't handle it on your own, but you have a family. A mother, ad sisters. A family that I knew would help each other out. A family that i didn't know if i belonged in any more" she said starting off shouting but the last comment had been more of a mutter. she was pretty sure that if she had had a place with the Margeras at the start of the summer she wouldn't any more. had had unintentionally pushed them away, and now when she needed her best friend more than ever she was pushing her away too. "go ahead and curse me now, I'm ready for everything you have." she raged letting her shield drop. and bracing herself for whatever madlyn would do.

For all that it was worth she would have gotten the satisfaction of cursing Briar to the next unknown realm. Still, she did not such thing, instead she lower her wand but her eyes were cold as ice. "Forget it, you're not even worth the trouble ..." she shook her head, her eyes pealing away from her best friend. "It's clear anyways..." angry, annoyed and sad she couldn't take it another minute being in the present of her suppose best friend. An one second she lost a good friend and a sister. Sad wasn't it? Madlyn turn and walk away, if dad was alive he'd be disgrace knowing how much she hated her now.

Briar was surprised when she saw Madlyn lower her wand. it was odd, something inside her had wanted the pain, humiliation or whatever else it would cause, it would have been better than the numbness. the next words were like an ice dagger through her. slitting her open to let the anger explode out. she wanted to curse something, hit something, hurt something. be cursed, be hit and be hurt. as she could deal with physical pain, however mind games and emotional pain were a mystery to her. she watched he sister go, part of her wanted to explain everything to her, but that would make matters worse. instead she watched her sister and closest friend go. A time when she needed support she had ripped it down and let it walk away. then she turned and headed towards the quidditch pitch. her broom was still in the dorm but she didn't care, right now she needed to vent, and the best was she had found recently was to fly. she opened the store cupboard and took one of the school brooms at random, not caring if it was, slow, hard to handle or scared of heights, she would force it to do what she wanted by sheer will power. then she let off all of the bludgers she could find and grabbed a bat and took for the sky.

OOCOut of Character:
sorry i had this all done earlier but we had a power cut so no electricity=no internet

Users who are viewing this thread

Back