OOC First Name
Katie
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Wand
Bloodwood Wand 15 1/4" Essence of Phoenix Ash
Kat had been sitting in the library making up timetables for the term so that she'd be able to efficiently study for OWLs. Of course her thoughts were consumed with more recent events and she smiled widely. She wasn't going to get much done with the thoughts that cluttered her mind so she packed up her things and decided to take a walk, but first she dropped off her bag in her dorm room and changed into something more comfortable than her school robes, slipping on a pair of jeans and a t-shirt. Kat noted that both were a little snug and she made a face thinking that she really didn't want to have to go shopping for new clothes. Sighing she grabbed a sweat jacket and threw it on, hoping it would hide her newly acquired chunkiness.

Once dressed Kat headed out of Gryffindor house and then out of the castle across the school grounds. It was a beautiful Spring day with a nice little breeze blowing. She pulled the elastic off her wrist and tied her hair up in a messy ponytail on top of her head, then stuck her hands in her pockets as she walked. There was nothing better than a walk here when the weather was nice out and today was definitely the perfect day for a walk.

The cliffs happened to be the ending destination of her walk. Even though she knew she shouldn't be out here it was just too gorgeous a view to pass up. Kat perched just a few feet from the ledge as heights didn't scare her in the slightest and leaned back on her hands, the sun beating down on her.

Lily was sick of studying already in her dorm, so she decided to head out for a walk. Throwing on her hoodie and Chucks, she headed out for a walk. The weather was great, just a bit chilly, but with her hoodie and jeans she was just warm enough. There was a nice breeze and her short blew around in it lightly.

As she wandered across the grounds, she noticed a familiar figure walking towards the cliffs. She was heading to the lakeshore, but she decided to follow her friend and head up to the cliffs. She hadn't spent much time with Kat lately, and she decided that she wanted to see how she was. Sneaking up behind her, she slipped onto the edge next to the younger girl and sat down.

"Hey stranger. What'chu been up to?" she said with a giggle.

Kat was lost in her own little world, thinking about Sumner of course with a big grin stretched across her face when she heard a familiar voice. Sitting back up and looking at Lily, Kat smiled and said, "Hey yourself! Geez I haven't seen you in what seems like ages!" Pulling her knees up to her chest and resting her chin on them she looked out across the vastness that extended beyond the edge of the cliffs. It was definitely a breathtaking view from here, but it was a place that could be potentially dangerous for some. "Nothing much. I've been attempting to study, but I've been slightly, urm, preoccupied." Kat snorted a little at how that sounded, but it was true though it was a good kind of preoccupied. She looked back at her friend and asked, "So how are things with you? Did you have a nice summer?"

"Ahh. Studying is kicking in already. I wish I was back in California right now. It was wonderful! Blake and I hung out on the beach all day. How about yours?" Lily responded, settling in next to her friend. She could tell something, or someone, had her friends attentions and she wanted to know what was going on. "And who has you so preoccupied? Meet someone new over the break??" She bumped her shoulder with her friend, and smiled at her.

"I spent two weeks in Ireland and then two weeks in Canada with Bruin, Cyndi, and Andy. It was absolutely fantastic, but nothing like being back at Hogwarts. It's always like coming home," Kat said thoughtfully. Her face flushed pink when Lily asked her what had her so preoccupied. "Not over break. I met him last year actually. He's in your house. Maybe you might know him. Sumner Reine?" She practically beamed from ear to ear when she said his name.

Lily giggled a bit when Kat told her the name of the boy she was so preoccupied with. "Sumner? Really? He's the new beater for the Ravenclaw team," she said with a smile. "I am rather excited to see what kinda skills he has. He is rather confident in his abilities."

"Oh he's got skills alright...on the pitch I mean," Kat said wide-eyed before she started laughing uncontrollably. When she finally calmed down enough she cleared her throat and said, "He's got some serious intensity when it comes to quidditch. Guess I'll have to get The Pride together and discuss some strategy if we have any hope of pummeling you guys with him on the team now. He's pretty freaking ferocious!" And a damned good kisser to boot she thought with a smirk on her face.

Lily laughed as Kat described Sumner's skills. "I hope so. He is way intense about the game, and totally impressed me with his resume from Scotland. So what is the situation with you two?"

Kat nodded and then sighed when Lily asked her about the situation with Sumner. She went through how they had met last year and then the incident after Charms the first week of school between the two of them and Chace and then told her friend about what had conspired in the kitchens. With a very confused look on her face she looked at Lily and said, "I honestly have no bloody clue what the situation with us is?" It was true. They weren't a couple, but they were couple-ish. She shook her head not knowing exactly what to say as up until now she hadn't really thought about it.

Lily giggled over what Kat told her. "Ok. Give me the details. How did you meet? Where? What have you done?" she asked as she waggled her eyebrows. She figured there was something going on, but she knew that she wanted details.

If her face hadn't been beet red before it most certainly was now. Even thinking about the moments that she'd spent with Sumner over the past few weeks made her tingly all over. "Well we met one day last year during second term and then spent that next Saturday in Brightstone together. I only saw him once over the summer at Schrivenshaft's and then when I saw him again was when he and Chace got into a fight after Charms." It all seemed like it had been forever ago, but in reality it all had occurred in a little over a few months. Kat actually felt bad for what had happened between her and Chace, but she wasn't ready to admit that to anyone and she especially wasn't ready to make amends with him...mostly because she was still pissed at him. "What do you mean what have we done? Surely you don't...Lily Potter please don't tell me you're suggesting...oh sweet Merlin...I've only snogged him a handful of times," she said stammering and then with a sheepish little grin on her face she added, "And might I add that they were quite earth moving times at that!" Kat couldn't believe she was telling this to Lily, but if she was to tell it to anyone then this was definitely the person to be telling it to. Her friend had been in a relationship with the same guy since heavens only knows when and thought that maybe Lily might have a few tips to share with her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back