Status
Not open for further replies.

Patricia Styx

OOC First Name
Pattycakes!
Sexual Orientation
Hetrosexual
Wand
Ash Wand 14 1/4" Essence of Tail Hair of a Male Unicorn | Willow Wand 12 3/4" Essence of Gold Dust
Hello & Welcome to History of Magic.

Here you will find classroom guidelines that all students must adhere too or suffer whichever punishment I see fit. Below are a copy of general class guidelines & specific guidelines regarding plagerism.

1. All home work assignments will be turned in within the given deadlines.
2. Everyone in this classroom are old enough to take care of themselves, and no special allowances will be made for anyone.
3. Everyone in this classroom will be treated with respect; both by myself and by each of you. Disrespect will not be tolerated.
4. Everyone is to behave while in my class.
5. Everyone is to have fun! If anyone has any ideas or something they would be interested in learning more about, I would be more than happy to work with you to fit this in to a lesson.
Plagerism is not acceptable on HNZ and that goes for History of Magic. I know that when an essay is assigned for homework it is very easy to just copy and paste something from the likes of Wikipedia. Be warned though, you will be graded T=0. Read further here:

*with special thanks to Professor Arithmos Manteia

What is Plagiarism:

Many people think of plagiarism as copying another's work, or borrowing someone else's original ideas. But terms like "copying" and "borrowing" can disguise the seriousness of the offense:

All of the following are considered plagiarism:

* turning in someone else's work as your own
* copying words or ideas from someone else without giving credit
* failing to put a quotation in quotation marks
* giving incorrect information about the source of a quotation
* changing words but copying the sentence structure of a source without giving credit
* copying so many words or ideas from a source that it makes up the majority of your work, whether you give credit or not (see our section on "fair use" rules)

Believe it or not...

Changing the words of an original source is not sufficient to prevent plagiarism. If you have retained the essential idea of an original source, and have not cited it, then no matter how drastically you may have altered its context or presentation, you have still plagiarized.

Most cases of plagiarism can be avoided, however, by citing sources. Simply acknowledging that certain material has been borrowed, and providing your audience with the information necessary to find that source, is usually enough to prevent plagiarism.

See the link below for more information and on how to cite sources properly.

Source for all of the above...

All my marking decisions are final, however, if you wish to discuss your marks further you can contact me. Furthermore, if you wish to receive a lower grade than the standard then please also contact me. Extra credit will be highlighted in each lesson, for either homework assignments, carrying out a task for myself or answering a question.

If you need more time on assignments/lessons (after semester/year has already passed) again, please contact me.

If you have any other questions, comments or concerns please let me know.

Thank you for your understanding,

- Professor Styx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)