Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Sexual Orientation
Lesbian
Wand
Curly 11 1/2 Inch Flexible Ivy Wand with Fairy Wing Core
Amber grew tired of the yellow cheeryness of the Hufflepuff common room sometimes, especially lately when it felt like she was forced together with November Albertson at every opportunity by the universe. The more she thought about her feelings toward the girl, the more she started to realize she didn't like her much. It was mean not to like someone without a good reason, but Amber couldn't help it.

Fourth year was stressful enough without any Hufflepuff girl drama, so she had decided to study for Divination in the more neutral setting of the student lounge. She hoped to see someone she knew already there, but the room had been surprisingly empty. So Amber had taken a table for herself. Divination was definitely a subject that interested her, but the reading of the tarot cards was something she wanted to get better at before the exam. It seemed very interesting, but her results about her friend Ainsley had been confusing during the lesson. She was poring over the meanings of the different cards in the book at this moment, trying to memorize them as well as she could. She wanted to try a different reading, but needed a new question for it. She couldn't really think of a good one yet, so for now she tried to focus on learning the different tarot cards that existed so she could do well on the exam for Divination. It somehow felt more important to do well when it was her head of house who was giving the class. Amber was reading the book carefully, largely unaware of her surroundings as she focused on it.

Evelyn was really looking forward to see her friend again. She saw Amber in classes but they didn't spoke that much yet. She had to tell her about the Lucas drama and now with Zenia and Merrill. The blonde didn't knew if Amber knew Merrill and Zenia, but must have heard of them for sure. Evelyn was wondering if Amber really liked everyone she seemed that person and Evelyn mostly was but Zenia was just never gonna be her friend that was for sure. That girl lived to make her life a living hell, she did her very best it seemed. The blonde decided to pay a visit at the student lounge, it was a place where she and Amber had met but mostly there she could find the girl or Noemie. Evelyn entered the student lounge and scanned the room. She noticed Amber sitting in the room it wasn't hard since it wasn't that busy inside. When she arrived with Amber she noticed she did something with cards. '' Hi Amber! What are you doing?'' the blonde said curious and went sitting nearby her. '' I really have to talk to you, there is so much going on.'' the blonde sighted and could use her friends attention.

Amber looked up from studying the different tarot cards and their meaning when a familiar voice called her name. She smiled when she saw Evelyn, happy that her friend was joining her even if a small part of her wanted to just do her homework so she would catch up. It really had been long since the two talked, so she didn't mind to much. "Hi Evelyn, I'm working on divination. We're studying tarot cards this year and we did a reading in class." She said with a smile. "It's quite fun and can be enlightening. Though I'm not sure how good I am at it yet." The reading she had done for herself had mostly been confusing, but she was itching to do another. Maybe Evelyn would want one? But she didn't seem too focused on what Amber was doing.

The other girl said she had to talk to Amber because a lot was going on. That sounded like Amber's own life right now, so she could definitely relate. She nodded. "Alright, I have some time. We can talk." She told Evelyn with a smile. Even though she was busy with schoolwork, she never wanted to neglect a friendship. "A lot is going on for me too, I guess that's just the way fourth year is?" She hoped it was nothing serious, as Evelyn didn't seem too happy.

Evelyn was glad to see her friends face again and to actually talk to her. They both had their own stuff but the blonde always loved to hang out with Amber. She saw her as one of her best friends. As she listened to what Amber was responding she looked suprised. Amber was following divination and they could use tarot cards. '' Oh is that handy? I am curious what can be seen.'' the blonde smiled at her friend. She wanted to know her future or some important stuff, and if Amber needed someone to practice with she offered herself. '' If you want to practice I want to help you.'' Evelyn suggested to her friend. She seemed busy and Evelyn came all of sudden to her.

But what she already knew was that Amber would make time for her. The blonde would do so too. With Amber there was a lot going on too and Evelyn was curious what was going on in her life. '' Well it is. Everything is perfect except for my roommates and Lucas. Lucas and I talked finally since he didn't came to me I went. He was so mean, saying things about Noah and that I only am together with him because of his status. I am done with him I was so mad and he just wanted that I leave him alone. But you see Lucas was my best friend and he never spoke any word with me since I told him that I didn't liked him more than a friend. I didn't understand so wanted to speak with him and continue with being friends. But he didn't want that, and now I amd done with it too. But it is hard, deepdown I just want him back as my friend. '' the blonde explained to Amber she had a lot more to say about it and than there was Zenia and Merrill. '' There's also a problem with my annoying roommates. You know Merrill and Zenia? They are born to make my life a living hell.'' she said and sighted heavy. She felt a headache coming, if she didn't had Noah and her good friends she didn't knew what to do anymore. Those were the positive things in her life. But not all went as she wanted things to be and that frustrated her. 'When she got the time to catch her breath she looked at her friend. '' Sorry, what about you? I have my own problems, but what is going on with you?'' the blonde asked to her friend.

Amber smiled when Evelyn didn't just dismiss the cards outright. She knew not everyone believed in divination as a true form of magic so she was glad her friend was hearing her out. "It can add a lot of insight to a situation." She said with a smile. "First tell me what's wrong."

She listened to Evelyn's problems, frowning a little. It was slightly hard to follow, though the problems with Lucas sounded strangely similar to Amber's own problems with Ainsley. Best friends reacting badly to dating. Why was that always the case? "I guess Lucas just... found it too hard to be your friend and see you with someone else." Amber said after a while. "Since he likes you. Or liked you. That has to be difficult, you know?" She sighed. "That doesn't mean he can be mean to you though, that's inexcusable." Ainsley had at least never said anything mean, though she had also questioned why Amber was with Wyatt. "The roommate problem is annoying... is Merrill angry at you for some reason or is she just siding with Zenia?" Amber was aware of the strife between the two girls since their first year.

Then Evelyn asked about Amber's problems and she sighed. "Well, similar problems to you actually. I was dating Wyatt for a while, you might know him as he's in your house." She said with a small shrug. "We broke up a little while ago, but while we were dating my best friend was upset about that too. She didn't like it. And his best friends didn't like me and were very rude to me. It was hard." She shrugged. "But that's all in the past because we broke up. I have some trouble with a girl in my dorm as well but it doesn't sound as bad as yours. I just think she doesn't like me and I don't know why... she's sort of weird and acts like I've done something wrong to her." She smiled brightly and looked at the cards, eager to change the subject again. "But let's focus on you! We can try a tarot reading, you should think of a question and then draw three cards, and I'll explain the cards and what they could mean."

The blonde saw how happy Amber was that she showed interest in what sh was doing. She nodded when she explained the effects and listened to Amber's reaction. She sighted when Amber said Lucas only would find it too hard to be her friend in the situation. '' I thought like that too first, but he could say that at least to me right? He didn't said ANYTHING and he started to date Merrill first.'' the blonde said a bit upsad. How much she tried to not let it get hurt or let someone see she missed Lucas it could be seen. She was incredible angry at Lucas but at the same time she missed him. '' He doesn't like me at all, he just acts silly and ignores. He is single right now so I'm curious how long it will take until the next girl comes in his life.'' the blonde said with a frown. She wouldn't mind Lucas having a girlfriend as long as she still got attention and he could be a friend to her. The blonde nodded at Amber saying that he couldn't be mean to her. Indeed nothing was a reason to be so stupid to her. It really hurted Evelyn and she never thought she would cross the line and it would come as far that she didn't want to be friend with Lucas anymore.

The blonde thought about the theory of Zenia and Merrill siding. She really had no clue but she had a open mind and held that option open. It looked like it indeed, but Merrill was just acting stupid to her because she broke up with Lucas and she blamed Evelyn she thought. Still it didn't seemed Merrill was very sad about the break up, so it must not been that amazing than. '' I don't know really. It looks like it, but Zenia is just taking every opportunity to irritate me. So I'm sure it will happen. But I rather share a room with you than most of the lions at the moment. '' The blonde said with a smile. Ofcourse there were some nice roommates like Lizzie, she was ok not her best buddy but she was fine. Than it was Ambers turn and she was a bit suprised, she knew Amber dated Wyatt for a while but they never really spoke about that much. '' Yeah I know him. He seems cute! But the thing about his friends and that kinda stuff seems stupid. Why were they so rude?'' Evelyn knew Marisol went along with Wyatt much, the girl seemed different and had some temper she thought but she didn't know anything much. '' Who is that girl in your dorm? I don't know much more Hufflepuff girls in our year.'' the blonde asked curious. She was wondering who could ever have problems with Amber. '' Exciting! Let me think.. I don't really know if this can be a good question. Will I have a succesfull carrier in the fashion?'' the blonde was curious to that. And that was the one thing she thought was good to ask. She could ask about Lucas or Noah but didn't felt like it at the moment. That boy trouble sometimes..

Amber listened seriously to Evelyn's trouble with Lucas. "It's not always easy to talk about feelings, especially romantic ones." She said carefully. "And if you're just friends and don't like each other, does it matter if he has a girlfriend?" Amber didn't quite get it, why would it bother Evelyn? Well, it had bothered her somewhat when she thought Ainsley had a girlfriend, but that was different. Ainsley had been very weird about Wyatt, and Amber just hadn't wanted to make things weird again. "So are you two no longer friends?" That was sad, they had been friends for a long time.

Amber sighed when Evelyn talked about the girls in her dormitory. She smiled at the idea of sharign with Evelyn. "That would be wonderful! I would love to share with you, we could borrow each others clothes and talk all night. I wish we got to pick who we room with." She wasn't sure how she felt about Evelyn calling Wyatt cute. She supposed he was, but it still felt odd. "I don't know why they were rude, maybe because they're rude people? Especially Marisol, do you know her too? She's in your house as well. I think maybe she likes him or something, that could be why." Amber wasn't really sure about that, but it would make sense to her. Amber hesitated for a moment when Evelyn asked the name of the girl in her dorm she was having issues with. It wasn't like November had actually done anything wrong, and saying her name felt a little like gossip. But Evelyn was someone she trusted. "Her name is November." She said with a shrug. "She's nice to others, just weird to me, I really wonder why." Amber hadn't been the nicest to November recently, but November had been weird to her before that.

Amber smiled when Evelyn reacted positively to the idea of a reading. Though she had expected a question about Lucas or Noah. She hoped she could give a good answer to this one too. "Okay, now you pick three cards." She said, showing her the deck. As Evelyn picked three, Amber placed them upside down on the table. "Alright." She said with a smile."The first," she turned the card over, "is about the past. In this case that's the four of cups." She showed Evelyn the card before peeking in the book for the exact meaning. "This can mean self-absorption and wanting things for yourself. Being unaware of others, or seeing only your point of view. It can also mean lacking motivation or pausing to reflect." She grimaced, hoping Evelyn wouldn't take offence. She turned over the second card. "The second card stands for the present. In this case it's the ace of wands. This stands for creative force, enthusiasm, confidence and courage. It can mean you are conceiving a dream or believing in yourself, tackling a challenge head on." She grinned. "That sounds like you." Then she turned the third card. "This is the card that stands for the future. It's the two of wands. This stands for personal power, boldness and originality. It can mean commanding attention and respect, having authority, daring to do what you want or creating your own style among other things." Amber beamed. "That sounds promising about you career, doesn't it?"

Evelyn felt very lucky with having a friend like Amber. Still she thought of it as very special that they had meet. The blonde had changed so much and was far more happy with how she was. She felt a bit sad still for her twin brother Espen who didn't seemed to get the hang of it at Hogwarts. He was kind of a loner and Evelyn didn't knew how to cheer him up. She listened at Amber and when she asked something Evelyn started to think. Did it matter if Lucas had a girlfriend, that was the question. She started to wonder if it matter, but the fact was that it mattered who the girlfriend was. Someone like Merrill wasn't someone for Lucas, she was sure if it was someone else like Amber or anybody she liked she would be fine with it. Why wouldn't she be? Lucas could be happy, but he didn't deserved it at the moment. '' Not easy for Lucas indeed. I don't find it hard. I always say what is on my mind.'' She said confident and knew that Amber was aware of that. She noticed that Amber became more confident too. She dared to asked Evelyn a question that seemed a good one. '' I don't know. Right now he doesn't deserve it for me. But It does matter who the girlfriend is, if I ever become friends with him again.'' the last part sounded a bit sad and Evelyn noticed that too. She wanted to keep strong but it was hard. '' I don't know really.. for me we are not and he was done with me too so yes.'' Evelyn went with her hand through her hair and looked at her friend and smiled at the bedroom share idea. It would be more fun indeed, why couldn't they just choose their roommates. When she said the name Marisol the blonde nodded, she didn't knew if she would like the girl. '' That could make sense. Are you sad about breaking up?''

When Evelyn said the name November she looked suprised. November seemed like a very shy girl and she wouldn't know what the girl could do wrong. '' Hmm.. that is strange. Did you ever ask her?'' the blonde asked to her friend. If Amber didn't dared it or got a true answer the blonde would offer her help. Evelyn loved having this chats with Amber and it felt really nice being with her again. She wanted to speak to Noemie soon too. When it was time to pick card the blonde was curious what would happen. The blonde picked three cards that felt okay and was wondering what they would look like. She didn't know how much she could trust what came out, but she was in for a challenge. When the first was explained the blonde smiled it sounded like her. She looked out for herself ofcourse, but she didn't had a lacking motivation, she had a lot. So some parts were true. The second one seemed to be more true, she was confident and had enthusiasm. The last one seemed true too, so things were moving good and creating your own style seemed something in the fashion she figured.

Amber was enjoying the conversation with Evelyn, she nodded when Evelyn said she always said what was on her mind, but it felt important to tell her friend that not everyone was like that. "I know, and that's a great thing, but not everyone is that open. Especially not about their most hidden feelings." She said with a small shrug. "Liking someone can be embarrassing to talk about." It would be for Amber, she was sure about that. Amber frowned a little. "Why does it matter who his girlfriend is?" She asked Evelyn, a bit confused. The question at her about the breakup made her shrug and look away. "Not really, it was nice while it lasted but it didn't feel right after the holidays. We're both better off apart, I think."

Amber shook her head at the other question. "No, I worry she may cry again if I do. Or deny disliking me, it's not like she really did anything overtly mean. I've probably been meaner than her, which isn't like me." She sighed. "She just gets on my nerves. I think she likes Flavio, and she's constantly staring at him and looks upset when anyone else talks to him. She also calls him 'duckie', which is just odd to me. I commented on it, but I probably shouldn't have done that."

Amber was glad Evelyn seemed pleased with her cards, but she wasn't sure how well she had done. "What do you think? It's kind of fun to do, though I'm probably not the most accurate at it. This is only the third time I've tried a reading, and the ones I've done for myself were confusing too." She smiled. "But Divination is a lot of fun."

Evelyn was curious what Amber had to say about the cards again and thought she did a good job. When Amber reminded her that nothing everyone was like her that was realistic she thought '' Your right. But everyone would prefer the truth over lies right? I don't get those people, but perhaps they still need to learn.'' Amber always had the right words and she gave good advice she thought. For Evelyn feelings like, really liking someone were also knew but she didn't thought it as embarassing to talk about. The blonde raised her eyebrow when Amber asked why it would matter who his girlfriend was. Amber really put Evelyn to thoughts and she didn't expected it. '' Ofcourse it matters. If it would be Zenia omg I would become crazy. Because I'm hoping Lucas and I will become friends again, although I'm sure that wouldn't be very soon. But as a friend it will be nice to like the girlfriend. Otherwise that doesn't work.'' The blonde thought about Noah and would set him as example. '' For example if you would hate Noah, we couldn't be good friends anymore.'' The blonde really thought of it that way, but was sure Amber would like Noah and she had to meet him soon. She nodded at her friend about the break up and was glad she thought of it as better.

Moving on to November the blonde thought of it as interesting. Amber was a good person and her talking this way was sad. '' You are always kind so don't understand it. But sometimes you say something what you don't really mean. I guess I did that with Lucas too.. But I am too stubborn too just beg for friendship again.'' She was really honest to her friend and finally was true to herself. She wanted Lucas back as her friend more than anything, but she wanted to let him wait for a little more for the mean things he said to her. She had to laugh about what Amber said with the duckie. '' Duckie?! Are you for real. But Amber why does it get on your nerves? Do you like Flavio or something? I think you make a great couple.'' She said with a bright smile to her friend. '' You seem like you know what you talk about. It suits you!'' She said about the divination part.

Amber hesitated at Evelyn's first statement. "I don't think that's always the case. Sometimes the truth is too painful, or needlessly cruel." She said with a small shrug. "Not in this case, but sometimes it's better to soften the truth, I think." She knew Evelyn was very direct, but she could understand that that would rub others the wrong way sometimes. Amber understood now what she meant about Lucas and his girlfriend, but she shrugged. "What if it's someone new you don't know? Then you could at least try to like her." The example of her hating Noah made her uncomfortable. It sounded a bit like Evelyn valued him over her. "What if he hates me?" She challenged. "Would that mean you couldn't date him anymore?" Back when Wyatt's friends hadn't liked Amber, it had been their romantic relationship that had suffered. Now it seemed like Evelyn was saying the opposite was the case. That her relationship with Noah was more important than their friendship. She wasn't sure if the girl meant it like that, but it made her frown a little. Weren't friends supposed to come first? Though she supposed she hadn't been the best at that herself back when she was dating Wyatt. She had dated him even though Ainsley hadn't liked him, and their friendship had suffered for it.

The subject of November made her a bit anxious, but she was glad Evelyn seemed to be on her side. She was relieved when the girl laughed at the nickname for Flavio that November had shouted in the stands. It really was a silly thing to call a friend, and she was glad she wasn't alone in this opinion. But her next question took her off guard. She hadn't even considered liking Flavio that way before, and didn't think that was why November annoyed her. She shook her head. "I don't like him. I mean. I do. But just as a friend." She said with a nervous smile. "We're good friends, that's all. November may think I like him, though... Maybe that's why she's so weird about me." She sighed. "I don't know. We haven't really argued openly. It's all small comments and unhappy looks. It would almost be better if she just yelled at me and told me what her problem with was already." Amber sighed again. "Gryffindors seem more open about their feelings, in cases like this."

The blonde listened to her friend and saw that she wanted to say something but had to think about it. Evelyn noticed Amber seemed more confident and was proud of her that she changed that into positive ways. But still it was a bit annoying, because she didn't agree with Amber on something. '' I really don't agree with you on that. It is way more painfull that you learn that someone lied to you about something. It is also called a knife in your back than. I don't understand that people can look into the mirror than to themselves if they know that they can't be honest to themselves or others. I hate lies, but you know that. And you can have your own opinion on that ofcourse. I'm glad you have! '' The blonde was glad that her friend was honest with her but this was the first time that they didn't agreed on something. And it was strange, but not bad. When the next question came Evelyn really thought Amber could be a psychologist she really could ask good question and let her think about stuff. '' I don't know. I guess I'm fine with it, and can see how it goes.'' She smiled at her friend and was wondering what she thought right now.

The next subject seemed a bit hard for Amber. And again it made the blonde thought deeply. It sounded different than she wanted it to be. '' Well if you and Noah wouldn't like eachother that would make things more difficult. And I don't want to choose between you. But I'm sure that wouldn't be the case, because everyone likes you and Noah is very friendly too. But you can see that, that makes things difficult. '' Amber seemed a bit offended or something and the blonde was suprised by it. But now she really know Amber was a good friend of her and wouldn't want their friendship to fade. Evelyn was now the one that could ask the questions and saw Amber being a bit shy about Flavio. '' OMG you like him don't you? I can see you together really. You can be honest with me you know. I think November likes him for sure, the way he looks at him in classes. I really think Flavio is the deal between you guys, but if you don't like him? I can talk to her perhaps. I will be nice ofcourse!'' The blonde wanted to do this for her friend. She didn't understand why this stuff would be a problem. It were always boys, look at herself with Lucas it was too. She and Merrill liked eachother before and now with Lucas they didn't. With Zenia it was a different story it went about Lucas a bit, but the blonde really didn't liked the girl. '' You see. You just want the truth. That is always better right like I told you! I can just ask her. I have no shame in that and than we have some answers.'' The blonde knew that people were honest to her because they didn't dared to lie. Because most people knew that she hated lies and would become really mad if she catched them on one. That would be the only time when the blonde would turn into a mean girl.

Amber didn't often go against people in conversation, and especially not against Evelyn who had always had the more dominant personality of the two, but in this case she had. It seemed to her, however, like Evelyn had sort of misunderstood her point. The vehemence with which her friend defended honesty and the truth was slightly intimdating, and she had to force herself not to wince at the power of her words. "Evelyn, I'm not saying that lying is okay or good." She said, trying to remain calm in her own words. "But you can be blunt about the truth. There's more than just lying or saying anything you think, right? If anyone was wearing a horribly ugly shirt, it would be rude to go up to them and say so. I guess unless they asked... but even then I would probably try to find something nice to say about it. I just mean that sometimes you don't say things so other people's feelings are spared. I don't like lies either." She said with a small shrug. That's what she had meant and she hoped the other girl understood her.

It had been a bit unfair of her to ask if Evelyn would pick Noah over her, and the girl's answer calmed her down somewhat. It was a different situation, and she was sure Noah was a nice guy, she just hoped no boy would come between a friendship ever again. "You're right, I'm sure Noah and I would get along... though not everyone likes me." She said with a small smile. She felt a little awkward when Evelyn asked again if she liked Flavio, and she shook her head quickly. "I don't like him, he's just my friend." She said quickly. "Really, Evelyn. I'm happy not to have a boyfriend right now. You can talk to her... I don't know what you would say to her though. If she knows I talked about her to you she might just hate me more." She sighed deeply. "Maybe it just doesn't click between us for no real reason. I don't think it's all about Flavio." She sighed. "You can talk to her, if you want. She's probably going to be nice to you, I think she just doesn't like me for some reason."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back