Terrell Foley

Happy Farmer | Foodie

OOC First Name
Verity
Blood Status
Half Blood
Relationship Status
Too Young to Care
This had to be a new record, Terrell a boy who could survive happily without a mirror, had been stood in front of one for nearly half an hour checking every inch of his outfit to make sure he was wearing his grey suit, bow-tie, and black shirt correctly. This was the first time he'd dressed up for a ball and he enjoyed it, apart from the little bow-tie that definitely left something to be desired. With a quick hand movement, it fell from the rest of the outfit and on to the floor. After surveying himself in the mirror again, Terrell was ready to leave his dormitory, picking up a bouquet of flowers on the way out.

The young Gryffindor had written home asking for advice about how to treat his date for his first ball. Mr. Foley’s advice wasn’t all that helpful since he’d never been to a ball before either, but he did suggest giving Lily flowers. The young Gryffindor had heeded this, using his free time in the late afternoon to pick an array of summer flowers from the gardens and tying them together with string to make a bouquet for Lily.

On the way down the last staircase he gave his hair a quick run through with his fingers in an attempt to make it a bit messy. He arrived feeling he may well look as good as he was ever going to. Terrell stood in the foyer, at the foot of the stairs, waiting for @Lily Harbour to arrive before going into the Great Hall.

Lily stood in front of her mirror and applying a little bit of make up, it had taken a long time to brade her hair and make it look perfect. She was very nervous, she had never been to a ball before and she wasn't sure if she could remember how to dance. She grabbed her little purse on the way out and rushed down the stairs, one disadvantage of being a Ravenclaw was that whenever you had to get somewhere from your room, it took a while.

Eventually she arrived at the Great Hall, She wasn't sure where to meet Terrell and so she stopped in the foyer and looked around, as she scanned through the people , she spotted her partner and walked toward him. He look great, she waved at him and smiled, just before she stopped next to him Lily spinned in a little circle, showing him her dress.

When Lily saw the bunch of flowers she smiled. Her cheeks were as red as the redder rose on earth, " What do you think? " Lily asked Terrell. She hoped he liked her dress.

Last edited:
Terrell’s eyes locked on Lily’s as she started walking towards him, his lips shaping into a wide smile. First he felt relieved that she’d turned up, overtaken shortly with excitement for the evening to begin. He watched her twirl, “You look lovely, Lily!” He said, holding out the bouquet for her to take “These are for you! There are some purple, pink and white flowers that match your dress.” He commented, offering his arm for her to take, "Shall we go to the ball?"

Lily smiled, she took the bouquet of flowers and smelled them, they smelled lovely " Thank you Terrell." She felt joy rush through her as he complimented her. She had to return the compliment " You look stunning" She said looking at his outfit from head to toe. She took his arm and smiled " We shall " She said, Lily was so excited as they went into the Hall, she wasn't quite sure where she would put her beautiful flowers while they dance , Maybe she could ask a friend to hold them. The flowers would be placed on her bedside cabinet and treasured until they no longer lived. She held onto Terrell as she asked " Dance or food? "

Last edited:
The flowers went down a treat and Terrell had his father to thank for that tip. "You are welcome!" Terrell blushed beetroot when Lily told him he was stunning, his appearance had never been complimented by a girl before and the first one was way up there with stunning! He giggled, he had no idea what to say, "Thanks." He mustered.

Walking into the Great Hall was like walking into another world, a contrast to the hot summer outside. Winter wonderland decorations throughout with snow falling from the ceiling. "Wow this is amazing!" The snow was too high to touch stopping above their heads. He looked at Lily, "How about a drink then dance?" He suggested, he needed a warm up before dancing yet he wasn't hungry for the first time in his life.

All Lily managed to do was smile, she could feel her cheeks glowing. As they entered the Great Hall let Lily out a " Wow! " in amazement, she had never seen snow before,except on movies. She was still holding on to Terrell as she tried to reach for it, but it was too high. She looked around and stared in amazement at all the wonderful winter decorations, she noticed a few familiar people, she recognized one boy in particular @Ajaccio Skey , she noticed he was taking pictures of the Ball. The thought slipped her mind that maybe he would take a picrude of them.
Lily smiled at Terrell's suggestion, exactly what she was thinking." Sounds good" Lily replied happily. She held her flowers in her one hand and held one to Terrell's arm with the other and stared walking toward the gigantic table.

Ajaccio had been taking lots of pictures of various people in the hall. It was in his wandering that he spotted his friend, "Lily!" he greeted warmly as he walked over to her and the person she was with at the drinks table. "Would you like me to get a picture of you guys?" he held up the camera with a wide smile, "It'll be for the yearbook!" he asked them both. He wouldn't take up much of their time, just grab a quick picture of the pair and then be on his way.

Terrell led the way to the drinks table and was mid-pouring as an older student he knew from the Brotherhood of Magic approached them. Terrell couldn't recall his name since their last meeting had taken place weeks ago. He put down the jug, "Yeah that'd be great!" He replied, "Thanks!" He put his arm around Lily and smiled for the camera.

As Terrell was getting drinks, Ajax came by. " Heyy Ajax. " Lily greeted back. He asked if he could get a picture for the year book, which got Lily excited. " Sure! " She replied. Terrell had put down the jug and placed his arm around her. She held onto him and smiled for the camera.

Ajaccio smiled at the pair as they agreed to a picture. "Okay, now kids," he grinned easily, "Remember to move in the picture, this is a magical camera so all the pictures that it takes moves," he told them. He held up the camera, took a little step back, and then counted them down to take the picture, so they would know when to pose. It took a few seconds and he pulled the camera away. "Amazing! I'll be sure to get you guys a copy of it, okay?" he told them happily, already moving to go find another person to take a picture of.

Terrell had forgotten that magical photographs moved, posing for a still wasn't going to work and he had to move around a bit, he smiled widely, looked at Lily then back at the camera still smiling. He thought that the picture would come out nicely. "Thanks that'd be great!" Terrell would love to keep a copy, he turned back to Lily after Ajax left. "I've never had a magical photo taken before! It makes sense that you have to move for it" He finished pouring the drinks and handed one to Lily. "There you go!"

Lily had never taken a magical photo before, so she had no idea she had to move aroundoUt when Ajax reminded them, Lily smiled at the camera and then turned to Terrell and gave him a kiss on the cheek and turned back to the camera smiling. " Thanks Ajax " Lily said and turned back to her friend. " Me neither " She replied with a smile. She took the drink Terrell handed to her and thanked him . She looked around at the dance floor and said " This is amazing "

Terrell blushed when he received a kiss on the cheek, this was turning out to be a very special night for him. "Yeah it's great! Apparently we're allowed to choose one gift from under the tree too! Terrell said then sipped his drink. "What would you like to do next? We could open a present, or dance if you'd like to?"

Lily giggled as Terrell's cheeks turned red. She looked over to the massive tree and then back at Terrell " If you don't mind, can we dance first? " Lily asked pointing to the dance floor, a beautiful slow song was playing and Lily looked at Terrell waiting for an answer.

Terrell nodded, "Yeah, I'm happy with that, let's dance!" Terrell put his cup down and waited for Lily to be ready to join him on the dance floor. He looked at how some older students were dancing, the boy had one hand on the girls waist and holding her hand with the other. Terrell took the same form with Lily, it felt well matched to the slow song they were listening to.

Lily smiled as Terrell agreed to dance, she placed her cup on the table next to Terrell's and joined him on the dance floor, luckily Lily was shorter than him which made it more comfortable to dance. He had one hand around her waist and her hands where around his neck. Slowy swaying to the music Lily looked around and said " I think we at doing great "

It wasn't so hard to sway to the music, "I think we look good." Terrell replied, "Do you want to try a spin?" Terrell had tried this once before. He put his arm up and the girl did a spin underneath it. "Here, I'll put my arm like this - and you spin and come back facing me."

Lily smiled at her friend as they danced. She was surprised how well they were doing. When Terrell asked to do a spin Lily took his hand and spinned 360 ending up facing him again. " Nice " Lily said with a smile. She placed her hands around his neck again and kept dancing.

Terrell enjoyed spinning Lily, he was having a lot of fun simply dancing with her. The slow song finished and a more upbeat song started. "I think I've heard this song before" Terrell said starting to dance more energetically to the music. The atmosphere at the Yule Ball was buzzing and everyone looked to be having a great time blowing off their post-exam stress.

Lily let go of Terrell when a up beat song came up, she was never really one to dance all crazy, but she was having so much fun that she just went wild. She danced as if no one was watching. She stopped to catch her breath and smiled at Terrell " Well I guess a ball isn't as Cinderella-ish as we thought" Lily said looking around.

Terrell laughed at Lily's comments about the comparisons to Cinderella, "You're right! I didn't imagine this when we were talking about what the ball was going to be like." All this dancing was making him hot, he wiped his brow, when the song came to an end he suggested they take a break, nudging his head in the direct of their drinks. "Shall we return to our drinks?" He asked, "And perhaps check out the snack table too?" Dancing had worked up his appetite.

Lily let out a giggle " I have to admit, I like the real thing better. " she said . She was happy that it turned out not to be like the movie, She shook her head yes when Terrell suggested that they return to the table. " Yeah sure, I'm starving " Lily said with a smile. They walked to the table and the first thing that caught her eyes was the chocolate frogs. She reached out for one and asked " Want one? "

Terrell chuckled at the offer of a chocolate frog, remembering the time he witnessed Lily shove a whole one into her mouth in one go. "Yeah go on, I'll have one!" He replied, putting his hand out to take one.

He removed the wrapper and was about to bite the head off when the enchanted frog jumped out of his grip and onto the snack table, hopping away from them in a bid to escape. Terrell shook his head, "Seriously! Magical treats are so weird. I mean, where does that frog think it's going?" He commented, Terrell wasn't planning on chasing after it. "We learnt a cool spell in Charms this semester, watch-" He took his wand out from his pocket, "Accio chocolate frog" The frog flew back into his grip.

Lily was pleased, she handed a little bit to Terrell and watched as he opened it up. The fog jumped away and onto the table. Lily laughed and said " See the trick is, you have to keep your hand over the box while you open it up. Like this " Lily said and opened up her own chocolate frog.

Lily laughed at Terrell's comment. She thought some of them were pretty silly too. She watched in amazement as Terrell summoned the frog with his wand. " Wow! I guess that works too. Charms huh? " Lily said looking very impressed. " If it were up to me Of have been running around chasing that silly thing" Lily commented. She stuffed the snack into her mouth looking like a fool, the frog wasn't too big but it sure did fill up Lily's whole mouth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back