Professor Cyndi Kingsley

Gryffindor HoH | Mother of 3

OOC First Name
Cyndi
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Wand
Knotted 15 Inch Flexible Oak Wand with Meteorite Dust Core
Cyndi woke up and stretched in bed. Happy birthday to me, Happy birthday to me! Cyndi thought to herself. Today she was 17 and she was officially of age! After getting dressed, Cyndi bounded down the steps to the Great Hall, crossing her fingers that they would have her favorite breakfast today.

As she entered and looked at the tables, Cyndi waved at some of her fellow schoolmates. She sat down and happily pulled some french toast toward her and after pouring on some syrup, began to eat. Cyndi hoped that today would be a good day for her and hoped that some of her friends would come down to help her enjoy it.

Andy rolled over in the bed with a yawn and under semi-closed eyelids saw Cyndi bounding from her bed and get herself organised and leave the dorm. Andy had simply rolled back over onto her stomach and pulled her pillow over her head. Groaning she figured it must be time to wake up and get up but why Cyndi was in such a great mood was beyond her. Stretching herself out, she tossed her pillow to the end of her bed and looked at the magical calender by her bedside. It didn't just tell her the day but told her other things too, like if it was going to be raining or if there was an exam or if it were one of her friends or families birthdays, or whichever particular event was going on like the yule ball or halloween. Right now there was a caricature dancing about on April 17th. Andy still couldn’t figure it out until she took a closer look and saw that the caricature was a miniature version of Cyndi and she was holding a birthday cake.

“Oh man!” she exclaimed jumping off the bed and getting herself dressed and washed as quickly as she could. Rummaging around in her trunk she wondered what she had that she could actually give to her and came across an unopened jar of Honeydukes favourites. It’ll do, she couldn’t believe she hadn’t known about Cyndi’s birthday but then again there was so much she was finding out lately that she hadn’t known before.

As she made her way into the great hall she smiled as she saw Cyndi sitting at their table. Plonking the jar of sweets infront of her Andy sang rather off key for a change,

nostalgiajar1.jpg

“Happy Birthday to you , Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to Cyndi, Happy Birthday to you!”
Her voice croaked a little near the end and Andy gave Cyndi a quick hug before sitting down beside her.
“I’m so …sor…” her voice croaked and cracked some more, great timing for a sore throat, “I didn’t know”.
Whispering seemed the best alternative until she could get to the hospital wing and get something to take for it.
“Hope these will be ok” still whispering she patted the lid of the jar of candy and smiled, before helping herself to some pumpkin juice.

Kat was the last one up and out of the dorm this morning, which was odd because she was usually the first one up and ready. She washed up and got dressed and then remembered the small gift box that was in her top drawer. It was Cyndi's birthday present and Kat was downright giddy for her friend, who was officially of age today which meant that she could use magic outside of school without consequence. Kat grabbed the box and headed downstairs to the Great Hall for breakfast.

When she arrived she saw two of her roommates, Cyndi and Andy, already there. Kat hurried over to the two of them and grabbed Cyndi from behind in an awkward hug and said loudly in a sing song voice, "Happy Birthday to you dear friend!!" She placed the box down in front of her friend and then took her seat next to Andy. "Morning Andy! How goes it this morning?" she asked as she poured some pumpkin juice and grabbed a piece of sausage.

"Go ahead and open it!" Kat said excitedly as she munched on her breakfast and waited for Cyndi to open her gift.

HAIRCLIP02.JPG

Andy smiled as Kat sat beside her and touching her throat once more whispered a little louder than she should have.
"All good... sore throat though... can't talk too...much" it was all raspy and deep throaty, making Andy sound like a 20something sex kitten which thankfully Andy was completely unaware of.

She looked over to Cyndi waiting too for her to open Kats gift.

"Hmmm, where .... wer...you for my.... birthday?" she grinned.

Cyndi smiled as a jar of Honeyduke candy was plunked in front of her. As she turned, Cyndi saw that Andy was standing beside her and she began singing Happy Birthday. She didn't sound like her usual self though. When she was done, Cyndi clapped nonetheless and gave Andy a quick hug. "Candy always works!" Cyndi said happily, "Too bad I don't know any spells to cure sore throats, otherwise I'd help you out."

Just as she picked up her fork to return to her breakfast, Cyndi was grabbed from behind. Alarmed, Cyndi turned around only to find her other roommate behind her. "Thanks Kat!" Cyndi said, both for the hug and the box in front of her. She reached for the box and opened it, seeing a pair of beautiful haircombs in front of her. "These are beautiful. Thanks." Cyndi said as she picked one up. "You guys are both soo awesome" Cyndi said "aw man, now I'm getting all teary" she added as she fanned her eyes.

Andy winked at Cyndi when she informed her she didn't know any spells for sore throats.
"That's ok" she whispered as best she could, watching then as she opened Kat's gift. Andy's eyes opened wide, they were beautiful. A really gorgeous set of hair combs.
"Kat they look priceless girl" she managed to whisper again, "Wow".

As Cyndi welled up Andy thought it was adorable and picking up a napkin from the table passed it to her.
"Awww, come on you're 17 now... what's the saying... big girls don't cry" as she finished she coughed and spluttered a little before helping herself to some water.

"Thanks Andy" Cyndi said as she accepted the napkin and used it to blot her eyes. She laughed as Andy said that big girls shouldn't cry. "I'm good now" Cyndi said as she ate her last bite of french toast. "So when are your birthdays so that I can make a mental note?" Cyndi asked as she poured some juice.

Bruin slipped into the Great Hall with a little gift for a special friend. He had a great deal of respect for Cyndi, his fellow 6th year, and they had enjoyed and endured a lot of time together over the years. They hadn't spent a great deal of time together alone, but he had always enjoyed her company and wanted to recognize her big day in his own unique way.

"Hello ladies.." He said with a wink. "Mind if I join you? I hear that you might be having some cake!" Bruin added with a smile as he placed a small parcel in front of Cyndi. "I know it isn't much, but I thought that it might help you if you ever find yourself in a spot of trouble like I do from time to time."
lens2595732_1238428523328555352v2_350x350_Front.jpg

Kat playfully stuck her tongue out at Andy when she was asked where she had been for her birthday. She grinned when Cyndi opened her gift, seeing that her friend liked the hair combs she had picked out for her. She smiled brightly at the sixth year Gryffindor and said, "Your welcome! I thought they looked really cute!" Kat chuckled a little bit when Andy said that big girls don't cry and then piped in saying, "Yeah, but don't forget the saying 'It's my party and I'll cry if I want to.'" She grabbed a glass of pumpkin juice and began to sip on it as she listened to the chatter of her friends and the others that were in the Great Hall. Just then Bruin popped in to wish Cyndi a happy birthday and to give her a gift. "You boys and cake. No...scratch that. You boys and FOOD in general!" Kat joked with her nose crinkled up and then laughed before adding sarcastically, "Bruin...in trouble? I'm shocked and appalled. I just can't believe it!"

Andy sipped her water slowly hoping that this would help her sore throat a bit.
"Oh mine is .... like start of .. sch... school year" she coughed another little bit wondering should she take herself off to the hospital wing to get something to clear it up. She laughed as Kat stuck her tongue out at her.
"Oh... very mature... easily know...its not your 17th birthday" her voice was beginning to crackle as if she was about to lose it any second so she drank more water, still under the impression that this would help somehow, when Bruin arrived she tested her theory by greeting him but still her voice was hoarse and overly raspy.
"Hey Bruin...how're you?" she gave a playful wink before frowning at the annoyance that was her throat. She decided to listen to the goings on instead for fear she would actually lose her voice if she kept talking. That would be a challenge, she mused to actually keep quiet for any length of time. She grinned when Kat was humoursly sarcastic to him, delighted that someone was - as any quick witted retorts would not sound so quick coming from her exhausted larynx.
She was glad though that Cyndi seemed to be enjoying herself though she really wished she had remembered the date sooner.

Cyndi listened to her roommates playfully argue about the merits of crying on a birthday. As they were doing so, Bruin stepped over to the table. Although they had never really spent too much time alone, Cyndi had developed a great respect for Bruin over the years. He was funny, smart, a great team player and Cyndi was happy that he was a Gryffindor alongside her.

"Hi Bruin" Cyndi said as he joined them at their table and gave her a gift. She looked up at him before opening it, listening to him say that it might help if she ever got in trouble. "You? In trouble?" Cyndi said with a smirk on her face as she opened the box. She looked at the t-shirt inside and pulled it out so she could read it, and then she began laughing. Since she was busy laughing, Cyndi simply turned the shirt so that the girls could read what it said for themselves. "Thanks Bruin. This is great!" Cyndi said as she got up and gave him a hug. She then went over and gave a hug to Kat and one to Andy too for all the great gifts they had given her.

Bruin smiled as the girl's mocked him about getting in trouble and eating all of the time. "Hey, cake is brain food I'll have you know!" He joked back as Cyndi opened her present. Bruin was a little taken aback by Cyndi's hug, but returned it warmly and attempted not to blush, glad that she appreciated it. He thought about asking Andy about where her "sexy voice" had come from, but decided against teasing her at the moment.

Bruin wondered how he would spend his 17th birthday, knowing that his parents would likely do something for him, but also realizing that everyone else would be enjoying their summer holidays when it finally arrived. "So, are you all ready for your Apparation Exam Cyndi?" Bruin asked, wondering how her training was going and knowing that he needed to make some significant progress on it in the coming weeks or he would be failing his.

Andy looked as Cyndi held up the t-shirt that Bruin had brought for her and she too like Cyndi began to laugh. It hurt like hell to do so and it sounded so throaty and way deeper than usual. Beginning to splutter a little she attempted to stop by sipping more water.
"That...is just ... bril..liant. Where did... you .. get it?" Andy was definitely up for getting one of those, it was simply hilarious. Bruin began asking about the upcoming apparition exams and immediately she was all ears. Hoping that Kat would ask them how the appartation classes were going, Andy smiled in her direction. Afraid that if she spoke again, she really wouldn't have a voice left. She could just hear her grandmother tell her she sounded like Elkie Brookes on a good day.

Cyndi sighed as Bruin asked her about apparition lessons. "I'm starting to get the hang of it...but I don't know if I'm going to be ready for the test" Cyndi said with a worried look on her face and then she shrugged, "I just don't want to splinch myself during the exam. How're you doing?" she asked. During the lessons, Cyndi was so focused on her own practice that she hardly noticed how the other students were doing.

"Working at Gladrags has its perks..." Bruin replied to Andy. "Mr. Bay can usually hook me up with just about anything I want. I could probably get you something like it for your birthday if you want, but I think Cyndi should have a chance to wear hers a few times first!" He said with a laugh.

Bruin considered Cyndi's question and his smile faltered. "I kind of suck at it to be honest. Something about doing magic without a wand that just doesn't work for me. I can usually just channel stuff through my wand, but this whole focus on the three D's thing, well, not so good. I'm kind of glad that I don't turn 17 until the summer...might give me a few weeks more practice I suppose."

"I know. Well, you're not the only one Bru" Cyndi said with an encouraging smile. "Maybe I should just wait and take it in the summer with you, that's what'll probably happen anyway...When do you turn 17 anyway?" Cyndi asked. She tried her best to think of his birthdate, but other than knowing that it was in the summer, she had no clue. She thought it might be in July sometime but she wasn't sure.

"July 5th...so not too much longer." Bruin replied. "I think even if I get good at Apparition, that I'll still prefer flying and even walking as modes of travel. Something not quite right about risking leaving a piece of you behind if you aren't focused on what you're doing! So, anyone have any exciting plans for the summer?"

Andromeda couldn't believe what they were saying, she had admired these two for absolutely ages and after seeing them play as beaters long enough thought they were fearless. Well apparently she had been wrong.
"Are.. you two ..ju..just muc..king about or... are ..you for real? Apparation is.... awesome. Get a back...bone" she coughed into her cupped hand before continuing, this time lowering her voice so that her sentences would have to be broken garble.
"I can't wait to apparate on my own, I'm sick of doing it side along. You two get whipped about by bludgers and you're afraid of a bit of splinching?"
Taking a sip of her water she figured she would have to now get some new role models to emulate. She listened as Cyndi asked Bruin when his birthday was and memorised the day when he told it. Just because his birthday was during the summer holidays didn't mean she couldn't send him a card or something.

"Bruin I can safely say that no matter where you go you'll always leave a piece of you behind. I...get to go home for a change" her voice was not quite as raspy down low but even that was a strain. Andromeda was really excited at this prospect, she hadn't been home since the summer before her first year. The thought of seeing her grandmother, aunts and uncles and cousins again filled her with longing, "Hey now that my uncle has gotten me my travel permit you can ask your mom if a visitor is alright Bruin".

Cyndi nodded as Bruin told her his birthday, planning to remember to get him something and send it to him. "HA!" Cyndi said as Andy said that apparition was awesome. After the past few lessons, she was not convinced. It was true that she spent many of her days being chased by bludgers, but there was something about apparition that she wasn't getting. In all of her other lessons, she could simply read on the topic and learn how to do the spells or the charms, but apparition wasn't like that. It was an individual experience that couldn't actually be taught. It was something that you just had to practice and do. "I think I may have lost my backbone trying to apparate" Cyndi joked, "Hopefully, I find it before the apparation test."

"I dunno yet" Cyndi said when asked about her summer plans. "What are you planning on doing?"she asked Bruin.

Kat quietly sipped her pumpkin juice as she listened to all the talk of apparition lessons. She herself couldn't wait until she was old enough to apparate because she thought it was pretty awesome. She also made a mental note of when Bruin's birthday was so that she could send him a card or something for it. When talk turned to summer plans she groaned lightly under her breath and said, "I'll be here this summer. Serena is spending the summer at a friends house so mum and dad decided to travel a bit this summer. So you guys make sure you write at least once a week so that I can keep my sanity being here!"

Bruin wasn't afraid of splinching per se, but he just didn't like the idea of intentionally throwing himself into nothingness and expecting to end up in the right place. Besides, apparating upset his stomach and Bruin enjoyed his food too much to mess with his digestion. However, upon hearing the others thoughts on the subject he simply decided to let his previous comments stand and move on to talk of the holidays.

He was excited to hear Andy's good news and recalled that he had invited her to come and visit him. "That's great Andy...I'll check with the parental units and let you know by the end of the week, alright?" Bruin leaned over and whispered to Andy. "Psst, do you think I should ask Kat whether she wants to come as well?" He asked, feeling kind of sad for the wonderful Miss Vanderhol.

Andromeda listened to Kat and sighed, she didn't like the thought of her friend here on her own. The school was a miserable bleak place when all the students were away. She should know having spent enough holidays here. Cyndi wasn't sure of her plans and Andy frowned. This was the first year since Andy got here that she actually had plans and she was excited as hell about it. Bruin leaned closer all conspiratorally whispering if they should extend the invite to Kat. Andy smiled why hadn't she thought of that, perhaps if there really was enough room and Cyndi was up for it, she could come too. Another thought flew through her head then, what if the three of them were to go with her and her uncle to Ireland. She knew already that they would be staying in the lodge down near the lake. The house was big enough to take all of them but it would mean juggling around her cousins and she simply couldn't do that. Her uncle had suggested the lodge as she would be there at a time of the full moon, docile as she was due to her wolfsbane Andy didn't want to frighten the life out of her family. Providing she stayed out of the light of the moon, Andy wouldn't even change anymore anyhow. Thanks to her potion. The thought was definitely a good one but would the three of them be up for it.

She nodded her head vigorously at Bruin with a deep smile.
"That's a great idea" she whispered as he had but for all the wrong reasons, her throat was still pretty bad, "what about Cyndi? We can't just ask Kat and not Cyndi?"
she leaned closer to him as she whispered, so the other two wouldn't hear her.

Kat sat there listening to the chatter that surrounded them in the Great Hall and sipped on another glass of pumpkin juice. She looked over and noticed Bruin and Andy were whispering amongst themselves and of course being a typical fifteen year old girl she strained to hear what they were talking about, but didn't have much luck. She looked at them both with a mock pout on her face and said, "Didn't your mums ever tell you that it's rude to whisper?" Kat stuck her tongue out playfully at her two friends and laughed a little bit.

Cyndi listened to Kat's summer plans. She knew how it felt to stay at the school while everyone went home for the summer. It's what she had done last year, but this year she was determined to leave the school. She nodded to Kat as she asked them to promise to write, "Don't worry. I'll definitely write you" she said with a small smile.

As she spoke to Kat, Cyndi noticed that Andy and Bruin began to whisper to each other. She tried to keep talking to Kat, but their whispers were distracting, especially since she really wanted to know what they were saying to each other. She laughed as Kat asked what they were whispering about and stuck her tongue out at them. "Yeah" Cyndi said crossing her arms and frowning at them. She was playing of course but she still wanted to know what they were whispering about.

Andy turned as the other two asked them what they were whispering about, Kat sticking her tongue out like a little kid. Laughing Andy couldn't help herself, as a mischievous gleam twinkled in her eyes.
"Well actually Bruin and I are madly in love and we've decided to elope, there now you know" she looked up at Bruin with a wicked grin on her face, not being able to suppress the mirth behind her statement, "Isn't that right sweetheart?"
Her throat still had the deep raspy hoarse tones though now it seemed as if dripped of honey. Andy would let Bruin tell them about Canada it was his home after all but there certainly was no point in letting such a good opportunity to mess about go to waste.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back