hanging out with cousin or school shopping.

Willow Cullen

Auror. Bold. Gryffindor c/o 52.🇦🇺

OOC First Name
Mia
Blood Status
Unknown
Relationship Status
Single
Sexual Orientation
Heterosexual
Wand
Knotted 14 1/2 Inch Flexible Willow Wand with Essence of Belladonna Core
It was almost time to go start school, it was almost time to start school, it was almost time to start school. the words kept spinning around willows head, she was practically jumping with excitement. what was making it even better was that her cousin was visiting. Chante had stayed the night with her and now they were going to obsidian for school supplies. And she would be getting a wand a real proper wand, not a liquoice one. well, maybe she would get one of those too. she was up early practically dancing around the house. of course, her mum made her wait have some breakfast before heading to brightstone. but soon they were in the fireplace on their way to brightstone.
When they got there Briar gave them their book lists and some money and told them to meet her in two hours for lunch. but that gave her and Chante two hours to get ready for school and to hang out. "where to first boss" she said looking up to chante wondering what they should get first.

"Boss?" Chante blinked up from the fireplace they descended out of, luckily neither covered in sooth. Chante still patted herself like she had gotten some on the new dress shirt her mom purchased during her vacation. It was pretty striped yellow shirt, long sleeves because it was a bit chilled outside. Madlyn bought one for Willow as well, except Willow was red. Madlyn predicted her niece would end up in the same house as her sister. "I think that's up for you to decide, Wills! What you think it's more important on the list?!" Chante expressed, jumping on her toes. Chante would've gone anywhere, it didn't matter! Willow attending Hogwarts this year! That's all she really cared about. "But if you have to ask, how about the wand shop?! So you'll be official and all!"

Lillow looked at the list of things she needed to get for school. Books, cauldron and ingredients. robes and uniform. all were borning. there were two interesting things on the list a wand, and a and a pet. She loved the dog they had at home and would miss it but she would get an owl to take to school with her. I am most looking forward to getting a wand and a pet" she said. "maybe i should get one first and one last, and get the boring things in between" she said. before starting to walk down the street. as they walked willow chatted away in excitement. "I wonder which want will pick me. I want it to be made of willow, or maybe rowan. but i would prefer willow, like me. but i don't know what kind of core. What kind of wand do you have?" she asked as they set out towards a old slightly dusty shop art way down the street a sign over the door said olivanders. makers of fine wands since 382bc

Chante gave her cousin a thumbs up and agreed with the plan. "I should've done that. Me and dad were all over this place last year. It's a shame you couldn't come." Chante walked besides Willow, they were like random and excited about the new year in school. For obvious reasons, though as much she tried to keep herself leveled, Chante was bouncing up and down right along side Willow. "Okay, but we can't give this all one go?! We need to eat too!" Chante reminded the redhead. Chante remembered the leaky being around here somewhere. Maybe it was next to the wand shop? "Applewood, it's short than most. I'm not sure that's how it works Willow. Whichever wand picks you, picks you. Scary, right? What if you get one of those bad omen ones...." Chante voice falls to whisper. "Oh the flip side of picking a wand. But I'm sure you'll do fine."

Willow was glad that Chante liked her plan. "yes we can't forget food. there is also an ice cream parlour just next door. to olivanders. she said. "Applewood sounds like a good wood. I heard there are bad omen ones such as elder or i just hope a really expensive wand doesn't pick me, i heard some are over a thousand gallons, I wont have money for anything else for the next five years." she joked. she did hope that the wand that picked her was not an expensive one. just then they were out the front. "I guess this is it. time to buy my first wand do you have any tips?" she asked once she had heard what her cousin had to say she stepped into the shop.

insert wand thread here

A few minutes later the door opened and Willow emerged from the shop blinking as she entered the sunlight and a huge grin on her face. "I have a wand. she needlessly announced Willow with belladonna essence in it" she said excitedly taking the box out of the bag and showing it to Chante. "fourteen inches too which is quite long" she babbled. it was a little ironic that she had a wand made of willow and she was called willow. maybe that was part of the reason. "Where to next boss, it is your turn to pick" she asked. she wanted to get through the rest of the list quickly so she had the most time to look at the owls.

"Oh yeah, forgot about that place!" Chante hadn't recalled ever stepping into the parlor. Last year kinda happened pretty fast for them, except for the wand, Chante and her dad went through the shops quickly in order to make it back home by supper. "It won't be, but you could always use your mum's?" Chante stood idle by the shop, from where she stand it seemed a bit crowded in there. Many students were passing them to get into the shop, many were coming out. Chante wished her good luck, all she can summoned at the moment. Willow went in, Chante stayed out waiting.

"Woot!" Chante clapped her hands loud, cheering for her cousin as she came out proudly with her new purchased wand. "Nice, nice. You wasn't in there long. A willow, why I'm not surprised." Chante grins. The girl took the other by the arm pulling her towards their next destination. "Let's get this over with. Your robes, silly. They're way too concealing if I'm being honest with you. Just don't think the robe part is necessary. Anyways, you'll need them."

Willow listened as Chante said she had forgotten about the ice cream parlour. she was a big fan of ice cream. She smiled when Chante said that she could use her mum's wand. "No, her wand doesn't like me, I may have fried it once or twice but dad's works better for me. she said a mischevious glint in her eyes. her parents had not been aware that she had on occasion borrowed them. although apparently her mum still had her old wand from when she was in school but she didn't know what old box it was in.
Willow was happy to see that Chante was just excited about her getting a wand as she was. "well i told the shopkeeper that I liked Willow, Rowan, and oak treed, so he started giving me one rowan, then a dogwood, just think for a second, a dogwood wand with my family" she said rolling her eyes, the assistant hadn't known who she was but the irony of dogwood for a girl who is the offspring of two werewolves was laughable. "this was the first willow one he gave me." she finished.
As Madelyn suggested that their next stop be to get robes she nodded. fashion had never been thought of as a bit part in the Cullen household but she had a feeling that even if they were an old potentially outdated tradition she would be parading around the house this evening in them. proud to be going to the school. and hoping that in a few short weeks she would be able to change the generic school crest to a red one containing a lion. "yes that is at madam malkins right?" she asked.

"Dogwood" Chante repeated, then laughs. "It's like a really bad pun. Uncle Dederick would probably lose it." Chante imagine the scorn face of her uncle, Willow's dad. The man couldn't take her mother's jokes, nevermind puns. "I'm glad you were able to find one, at least. Wonder if someone, like anyone who wasn't paired up with their own personal wand how would they attend school? Do you think there a wandless school that teaches around here?" Chante question her cousin. It would probably be like homeschool back in North Dakota. Many of the rez kids were home taught, or attended community school more focus on earth magic and the studies of astronomy. Her grandmother explained to her at one point, before school started with Chante. Offered to enroll Chante school there. Madlyn had decline the offer in fear of missing out on Chante and Willow would've gone without her cousin to Hogwarts. Chante glad her mom had made the decision to keep her in New Zealand. "Yup! They have a measuring tape that measure your entire body completely, then they give you sets of uniform and robes. Fairly easy and you can get as much as you want. I wouldn't go crazy on the robes, they drag on you all the time. I try, sometimes, not wearing them. Tell them they feel too tight. Works every time." Chante grins. "After that we could get some food? I don't have to rush home this time around."

Willow laughed at Chantes reaction to the dogwood. "hey, I didn't say anything except willow, rowan and oak. but I would pay to see dads reaction if someone was to offer him a dogwood wand, but I would like to be a safe distance away" she said, still chuckling as Chante started to ask what would happen if someone could not get a wand that matched to them. "I am sure that there must be a wand that would work for everyone. even if it is not a perfect match as people can use other peoples wands, they just don't work so well" she said.
As change suggested the robes shop willow started walking them towards it. she had been to the harbour a few times for the day, wandering the street and spending time at the nearby beach whilst her parents were at work. she had gotten used to where most of the shops were. some of them tucked away behind corners, others big and proud. "the self measuring tape is so cool to watch there was also one in the wand shop. I won't go too crazy with the robes. after that and food we need cauldron books and an owl." she said. she was looking forward to getting an own and there were two shops here that sold them. the menagerie and the owl emporium. she wasn't sure what kind of owl she should get but she had money early to get something as a twelfth birthday present before she went to school and she had decided an owl would be perfect.

Chante wasn't all too convinced about the wand theory. "You think so? I don't know. I was told grandpa used something else besides a wand. I can't remember." the young girl shrugged. Their grandfather had been more into the magical use of plants and reading stars, he changed it up a bit when he taught care of magical creatures at one point at Hogwarts. "Oh, maybe you're right. I hate to think of some kid not getting paired with a wand." Chante frowns. Hate to imagine someone their age not able to bridge a connection with a wand. She shook away that visual, once again looping her arm close to Willow. The pair made their way to shop to get robes for Willow. "Oh right! Stupid me. Okay, so you won't be at all weird out once they start measuring you in other places? Brace yourself!" Chante pulled her in the shop, found an assistant to help. They were out again in no time. "Wasn't so bad, was it? You're gonna look great in red and gold!" Chante beamed, pulling Willow towards her, Chante carried her own bag of robes. She forgot while in the middle of Willow measuring, that she needed some herself. It crossed her mind she misplaced her old ones last month.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back