OOC First Name
Cyndi
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Single
Wand
Knotted 12 Inch Rigid Larch Wand with Mermaid Scale Core
Jacob Kingsley could find a lot of faults with Hogwarts New Zealand, but one thing he knew they got exactly right was the wizarding holiday of Halloween. He had never taken the ehadmistress for a fun person, but he was always forced to reconsider that on Halloween. That thought never extended to the other professors who surely were involved because it was just too much to think that all of the professors could be fun when they wanted to. Dressed in a costume he'd come up with this morning, a character from a muggle book he had a collection of at home, the third year waited by the food table munching on some cookies he kept taking off the side as he waited for his friend, Kengi. He was already eying the Grindylow piñata, hoping for a crack at it.

Willow always enjoyed Halloween. she liked coming up with a costume and having fun and eating yummy food. this year was no exception. She had planned this costume since the holidays when she had found the dress in a muggle charity shop when she had been skulking around the local town. she wasn't sure if it had been the idea of the costume that had inspired her to turn her hear blonde or the fact that she had decided to go blonde that inspired the costume but either way it fits. she spent a while getting dressed and making sure she looked the part. this costume was more 'perfect' than her usual casual style. so she wanted to make sure she wasn't underdressed.
Once Willow was all set. she made her way down to the great hall. her first stop was the food table. she picked up a large cookie in one hand and a cauldron cake in the other. it was only then that she looked up to see who was nearby and saw one of her friends. "Hey Jacob" she said. she had hardly seen him outside of class since the start of the year and had hardly spoken to him.

Abian really enjoyed that Hogwarts celebrated Halloween in a way he didn't really do at home. The party had been awesome last year, and it was awesome again. Abian admired the decorations, staring up at some of the cobwebs and hammocks hanging everywhere. Even the sky was spooky, and he couldn't help but grin as some bats flew overhead. The stations were pretty neat too, and he looked at some of the games. But he wanted to meet up with someone before he started participating in anything. It was more fun to do that stuff with friends. After he had walked around for a while taking in the sights, Abian spotted his friend Jacob. He was talking to a girl in a pretty dress, and Abian decided to join them. "Do I get a prize for finding you?" He asked Jacob, referencing his costume. Then he turned to the girl, who was unfamiliar to him. "Hey, I'm Abian." He threw up a peace sign. "I'm a hippie." He said, not quite sure if wizards would get that costume or not. "I really wanna get some candy." He added, looking around hopefully.

Last edited:
Jacob gave Willow a small smile when she greeted him. He liked her just fine, but her mom was friendly with his mom which made him not really want to talk to her. Now that she was in front of him though, he realized how dumb that was. If he went by that, he'd probably end up with no friends. His parents knew everyone, it seemed. Jacob was just about to ask her about her costume when Abian came over and joined them. Jacob's smile was a more genuine one as he looked between them both. He reached over to the table, coming back with a skeleton cookie and held it out. "You get a cookie" he exclaimed, ignoring the person who glared at him for ignoring the very obvious line on the other side of the table. "What's a hippie?" Jacob asked, his eyebrows scrunched together before looking to Willow to see if she knew. Abian just looked normal to him, well like an older wizard guessing at muggle fashion anyway. He'd seen wizards wear far worse when they went for muggle wear.

there was something off about Jacob. he had been quiet all year. Willow couldn't say they were close friends. and certainly wouldn't expect him to tell her what was wrong with him but she could tell there was something up. even his greeting just wasn't as friendly as it used to be. and now they were both on the Quidditch team they should be closer than before. she couldn't think that she had done anything to offend him. she hadn't taken his place on the team. though playing as an alternative she had to train a little in each of the positions. and she had hit him with a bludger the other week. but he had hit her a few times too.
Before she could say anything another boy came over to them. and asked if they got a prize for finding him. "Ohh, your wally" she said. she hadn't made the connection to the books many of her classmates had enjoyed in her Muggle primary school, she hadn't been a big fan she hadn't been patient enough to find Wally. " Hey Alban" she said making a peace sign back at the boy. she knew vaguely what a hippie was. but wasn't sure how to describe it. she was going to leave it for the boy to explain however Jacob looked at her. "it is a king of muggle from like 100 years ago" she said. not sure what else to add onto the explanation. she looked at the boy. "I am Willow. though for tonight I am Alice from wonderland" she said. she wondered if the boy would know who that was. given he was dressed as a hippy and recognised wally she had a vague idea that he would.

Abian was glad he had found Jacob as well as a new friend, and he grinned as Jacob handed him a cookie. "Awesome! Maybe even better than candy." He said, taking a big bite. He was glad that Jacob asked him what a hippie was, as it made him feel like for once he knew more than the other boy. Jacob was always teaching him stuff about the magical world, and now maybe he could teach him something about the muggle world. He entertained that hope for a few seconds, before coming to the harsh realization that he didn't really know how to explain what a hippie was very well. He faltered, glad when the girl helped him out, but she didn't really say much to explain it. "I dunno if its a 100 years, but something close. They were like, people that wanted peace and stuff. And they had a very specific style." He shrugged, gesturing to his shirt. "It's also just kind of an easy costume, honestly. You put on some old time-y muggle clothes and throw around peace signs a lot." He turned to the girl, giving her a smile. "Nice to meet you Willow, I mean Alice. " He said with a grin. "It's a nice dress." He added, as he was sure it was nice to get a compliment. "Are you in Gryffindor with Jacob?"

Last edited:
Jacob nodded, confirming who he was. He watched as Abian and Willow spoke, always happy when his friends became friendly with each other. As both of them tried to explain what a hippie was, Jacob listened. He knew a fair amount about muggles since he had a grandparent on each side who were considered that status. He couldn't recall either of them talking about hippies though. "I thought you were going for a wizard trying to dress like a muggle" he grinned. Alice in Wonderland, on the other hand, was something he knew well. His parents had read it to him when he was a kid. He'd always liked the pictures of the mad hatter and his tea party. "You said you wanted candy. Right? What about we try that?" Jacob pointed at the piñata. He was a beater so he was confident that little stick would prove easy to use and the Grindylow didn't stand a chance. "What do you say, Willow?" he added. Kengi would just have to find him.

willow nodded as abian explained hippies in much better detail than she could have done. she hadn't really been paying that close attention to muggle styles back when she had been at school and they had only really touched on it in history class, there was something about snowball fights and running at night at the same time. she giggled a little when jacob sid that he looked like a wizard trying to dress as a mugglle. "you sort of do" she said. her mum was terrible when she tried to dress as a muggle. her dad was a bit better as he often dressed for his fairly muggle job and grew up closer to muggles when younger. surprisingly the person in her family who was the best at dressing like a muggle was her uncle chay even though he was easily eight foot seven.
when the boy complimented her costume she smiled. "thank you, I found it in a muggle charity shop over the summer and thought it would make a perfect costume" she said it had definitely required a bit of planning. she had spent a couple of days planning in secret when her parents were at work. her mum had freaked out one day when she had come home to find her daughter had turned blonde, she wished someone had been there with a camera. but she had found that it was a freeing experience. as if being blonde let her be herself more. "yes, I am a Gryffindor third year like Jacob. I am guessing you are not a Gryffindor, so what house are you in?" she asked. The conversation turned to the pinata willows eyes lit up. "now that sounds like a good idea" she said.

Abian laughed at Jacob's answer. "Do wizards usually look like this when they dress like a muggle?" He asked, looking down at himself. "Wizards are weird." He muttered under his breath, shaking his head slightly. He looked at Willow as she told him where she had gotten the dress, interested to hear that she had gotten it in a muggle shop. She also seemed to know a bit more about muggles than Jacob, maybe she was part of the muggle world too? He didn't really feel like asking right now, more focused on the rest of the conversation. When she said she was a third year Gryffindor like Jacob, he shrugged. "I'm a Hufflepuff, though I think the hat did think about putting me in Gryffindor too, but then he said it wouldn't do." Back then, Abian hadn't really known anything about the different houses so he hadn't cared where he would end up. It wasn't like he minded being in Hufflepuff, but most of his friends were in Gryffindor. Vader, Jacob, Raf, and now Willow too if she wanted to be his friend. Jacob had a wonderful idea that made Abian grin. "Yes!" He said, enthusiastic as always. "That would be awesome! I bet we can destroy that thing together!" He looked over to the piñata, then looked back at Jacob. "You play beater, right? I bet you could annihilate it on your own! But I still wanna help. I tried out for beater too, but didn't make it. Maybe this can be practice!" He shrugged, figuring he had another chance next year. "Okay, let's go!"

Kengi Smile walked into the Great Hall a bit late. He knew Jacob was waiting for him somewhere. He had his mask in his hand, so that he would be recognizable. He walked up to Jacob and patted him on the shoulder. "What are we going to do?" he asked, not expecting Jacob to be so popular. He was a Gryffindor, so he should have expected that much.

Athena walked into the great hall with a smile on her face. She wasn't really inspired this year by a costume but her mother had helped her with this old elegant lady thing. It was fashion long time ago her mother had told her and she believed it. But Athena wanted to make some fun with her friends. She hoped to run into Mazi, but knew her friend would sure be here somewhere. But still the blonde always loved to make new friends or meet up with people she didn't saw that much. When she walked a bit further she noticed a familliar face. It were two of them actually. First she noticed Willow and later Jacob. Athena smiled at both and walked towards them. Some others were there too and it seemed like fun. '' Hi Guys!'' Athena said happy and looked at Willow for a moment. '' Wow you have a lovely dress. '' She said friendly towards her roommate. And was glad to run into her. '' Hi Jacob. How is it going?'' The blonde asked iwth a smile. Athena didn't had spoken to him a long time. But knew her cousin did sometimes. Than she looked towards some others, it were two boys. '' Hi I'm Athena. Are you excited for the Halloween Feast?'' She asked towards them when they were done finishing speaking.

Jacob was glad that Willow and Abian seemed to like his idea. He was ready to head over, high on the compliments Abian had given him about his beater skills. Finally, Kengi had arrived and then Athena was there, and Jacob felt more like himself than he had in a long time. He enjoyed being the center of attention when it was on his terms, and just knowing that he did have people in the castle who liked him helped him feel a little better about being stuck here. "We were just about to go annihilate that piñata" Jacob announced to the pair who had just arrived, liking the word Abian had used.

"After you, ladies" he swept into a mock bow to let the ladies lead the way. "Cool suit, K!" Jacob declared.

willow couldnt help but laugh at the boys question and side remark. it was likely that he was muggle born. when he said he was hufflepuff but the had had thought about putting him in gryffindor she nodded. "hufflepuff is a great house. my cousin is in that house and she is the the most awesome person i know" she said. she glanced at jacob. "no offence" she said. she was pretty sure he wouldnt take offence but hey he was a good mate too.
they made their way over to the pinata. and just as they were about to start attacking it two more people arrived Athena her roommate, and a boy she knew of but had never really spoken to, he was in her year but a different house, she was fairly sure his name was kenji or something like that. "Hi spiderman" she said when he arrived but her attention was taken by Athena. "Athena. you look stunning" she said. "and thank you" she said referring to the compliment on her dress. she had not expected to get that much note from it.
as Jacob let her and Athena go first she raised one eye brow. "you are sooo kind" she said with as much seriousness as his bow. "I hope that you aren't letting us go first because you think we are weaker than you or I will slay your ass at training" she said. she actually want sure if she would be able to Jacob was very skilled at flying and had been on the quiddich team longer than her and his family was pretty knows in quid ditch but she would give it a hell of a shot. she put her mask on. "can someone spin me around and point me in the right direction I don't want to knock you guys out if I hit the wrong way." she said. once she was suitably spun she gave the stick a wave and almost totally miss except so just glanced the tip of the mobile. she bit her tongue and took off the mask. and handed it to her friend along with the stick. "your turn" she said.

Before they could go to the piñata, they were joined by another boy and girl. The boy looked vaguely familiar to Abian, and he was fairly sure he was also a Hufflepuff but not in his year. The girl wasn't in his year either, and Abian was pretty sure he was the youngest in this group. "Hi! I'm Abian." He said, trying to commit the names the kids gave to memory. "I love spiderman!" He told the newly arrived boy, holding up his hand for a high five. They all seemed to know Jacob, who was more popular than Abian had imagined. Then it was time to attack the piñata, and Willow went first. Abian took a few step backs once she started to it, and shouted a few suggestions he later realized probably weren't very helpful to someone who couldn't see. He watched as she then handed the stick to the next person, though he secretly hoped they wouldn't completely destroy the thing before he could get his hands on it himself. He wanted to help! But it was exciting to watch too, so he was grinning and eagerly waited for more exciting things to happen.

Athena was really loving it when people came together. And especially from different houses. The other younger boy it seemed was Abian and she was gonna try and remember that. And it seemed that Jacob was kind of popular. Athena just liked him and Willow too. Athena liked all of her roommates. That was a big difference from she and Evelyn. Athena didn't really know how that was possible. Perhaps she was just lucky to have such nice and fun girls in their bedroom. And Willow gave such a nice compliment. '' Thanks Willow! That's really nice. I did my best. '' Jacob had an idea she heard and he told to Willow and her to go first. Athena watched as Willow went and smiled at her. It seemed very difficult and the blonde just had to laugh at how it looked. But she was after Willow and had no idea how she would do it. She cheered for her friend Willow but she didn't managed to hit it that hard it seemed or at all. Athena than took the stick and put a mask on that she took from Willow. '' Jacob is a beater, so he would have a goo swing I suppose.'' The blonde than let her turn around and followed instructions. '' Ok. I have no idea where I am. Sorry if I hit someone. But I'm gonna do my best. We girls have some power too!'' Athena than felt with the stick if she was in a good place and thought it through for a moment. '' Here I go!'' The blond took a hard swing and managed to hit the thing but just on the side. And it was too slow. Than she took her mask off and passed the stick towards someone else from the boys. '' Well you have to prove yourself now Jacob.'' Athena said with a grin.

"Never" Jacob promised. He knew enough girls to know that they were neither weaker not less tough than some of the guys he knew. If anything, some of the girls he knew were pretty tough. Watching Willow and then Athena go, Jacob was a little relieved when they didn't take the piñata down. He wanted a go too, and when Athena handed the stick over, Jacob grinned. A little of his old cockiness came back as he waited to be blindfolded, trying to memorize where the thing was hanging. "Ok, watch and learn, watch and learn everyone" he spoke, gripping the stick in his hands and giving a good swing. He felt the stick connect with the piñata solidly and his grin widened as he heard a few candies drop to the floor. He pulled off his mask quickly, expecting a flood gate of candy but he'd only succeeded in cracking it open at the neck just a little bit. "Bring it home, Abian" Jacob grinned as he held out the stick. "You've got this!"

Onyx knew he was a little late to the party. It had taken him and Sapph longer to do the make-up than he'd expected. He kissed her hair before wandering away. She wanted to go sulk in the shadows, he'd learned to let her be. Besides, there was someone else he wanted to see tonight.

After swerving through the crowd a bit he spotted his target by the pinata. Not noticing how many people were around, he slunk up behind Jacob. Onyx tossed an arm over the other boy's shoulder, placing a hand on his own hip sassily. "I found Waldo! Where's my cookie?" He looked to see if Jacob had any cookies and froze when he noticed how many people were there.

He slid away from Jacob a step, folding his arms behind his back. "Hello," He greeted everyone else cheerily. "Waldo is popular today." He gave a quirky grin in hopes of hiding his blush. He knew Jacob wasn't really one for public displays of affection. And being caught off guard always threw him off a bit.

Abian watched with an excited grin as Athena took her turn next. He groaned in sympathy when she missed too, but grinned again as she handed the stick to Jacob. He was a little sad, as he didn't doubt Jacob would completely destroy the piñata before he could get a chance, but he also wanted to cheer on his friend. He watched as the boy actually hit the piñata with a solid hit, cheering for him and clapping his hands. He was surprised when Jacob handed the stick to him next. "I'll try!" He said with enthusiasm. He was about to ask for the blindfold when another boy came up and put an arm around Jacob, asking for a cookie. Abian laughed and waved cheerily. "Hi! We found him first!" He joked, happy to meet more people. He put on the blindfold, then gripped the stick firmly. He jumped up slightly as he swung the stick, hoping it would help him reach the piñata properly. He cheered as he heard the stick connect and heard the sound of candies raining down. He pushed the blindfold up hurriedly and beamed as he noticed he had made a hole in the bottom, which caused most of the candy to fall out. Then he realized one of the people in the group hadn't had a turn, and the new boy hadn't either. He grimaced in apology, and quickly gathered up candy and held it out to the older Hufflepuff boy. "Here, sorry you didn't get a turn, though you can still try! I think there's a bit more candy in there that didn't fall out." He said, then also held out some candy for the new boy. "I wish the Hufflepuff captain had seen that." He added, though he wasn't serious. He knew this was completely different than playing Quidditch. But it still made him happy he had done well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back