Professor Cyndi Kingsley

Gryffindor HoH | Mother of 3

OOC First Name
Cyndi
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Wand
Knotted 15 Inch Flexible Oak Wand with Meteorite Dust Core
We've done this before and hope that enough of you will be interested enough in joining this again. This year we've decided to include a group (re) read of one of the books. Which one you might ask? Well that will be up to you! ^_^

Starting today, we'd like you to vote on which book you'd want to re-read and majority will decide which one we start in one week's time! Feel free to post below and advocate for your choice!

Once we begin the book, we hope you'll join us in sharing stories about your memories reading the books for the first time, or your thoughts as you read the book for the 20 th time and anything else you want to about being part of the fandom. If you want to post a picture of your copy, that would be great too!

Vote away! I'm looking forward to seeing which book wins! You can only vote once per RPer so make it count!

~Cyndi
(on behalf of the site staff)

Last edited:
I feel like we should definitely start with Philosopher's Stone. Because it's what started it all! Without the first book, none of us would be here today and it's highly likely almost none of us would know each other!

I'm not picking the first one because I've read that one too many times, honestly, on failed attempts at rereading :p I was halfway through a reread of the series, so I picked book 4.

I'm collecting the Hufflepuff paperback editions now. 🦡

I gotta go for the first book, if only cause I only managed to save my original copies of the first 3 books from my parent's place last time I visited. (Though the third book might be my favourite 🤔 )

This is giving me a good reason to stop putting off re-ordering all the books. Most of my old set are shared copies so I'm ordering them all today and they'll be mine, all mine :shifty:
We have the original set and have been picking up the illustrated editions as they come out.

I like Half Blood Prince, my favorite is Prisoner of Azkaban but HBP has alot of goodies in it just like HnZ lol

I'm not picking the first one because I've read that one too many times, honestly, on failed attempts at rereading :p I was halfway through a reread of the series, so I picked book 4.

I'm collecting the Hufflepuff paperback editions now. 🦡
Didn't know they had house editions that sounds pretty cool.

I voted for the 5th but I only have the first one. I will def be buying the fifth regardless. Hehe

I voted for the philosophers stone because I can access both the ebook and audiobook in danish though my library. and it would be good practice for me.

Didn't know they had house editions that sounds pretty cool.
They have two versions, paperback and hardcover, for each house. I have the first 3

MzqzZ0W.jpg

They have some extra text about Hufflepuff and illustrations. I imagine the extra text in the other house books might be a bit more expansive as there's very little of Hufflepuff to go off

Is picking book 4 my way of trying to find an excuse to buy it? Maybe. :r

I got the Ravenclaw ones Daphne and it isn't a lot either :3

I reordered them! I wanted the hardcovers because they came in a trunk but they were out of stock :(

We have the original set and have been picking up the illustrated editions as they come out.

I like Half Blood Prince, my favorite is Prisoner of Azkaban but HBP has alot of goodies in it just like HnZ lol

I absolutely love the illustrated editions, especially Prisoner of Azkaban and Goblet of Fire!
For this, I picked the Goblet of Fire because it was the first book I managed to finish on my own (I've got a bad case of dyslexia so my Dad helped me read the first three), it holds loads of fun memories for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back