Blood Status
Half Blood
Relationship Status
Single
Sexual Orientation
Pansexual
Wand
Curved 9 Inch Swishy Maple Wand with Kelpie Hair Core
Blue had been buzzing for weeks about the Yule Ball, almost to the point of forgetting about exams altogether. She'd only been to formal events a few times in her life before, and mostly then she'd been too young to do much other than hide under a table and see how much cake she could eat before her father caught her. She spared a glance towards the food tables and wondered if there was any frog-friendly food available. She kept squinting at the snow in confusion as it fell from the enchanted ceiling. She understood the basics of how the spellwork was done, but what Blue couldn't understand was why it would be snowing in summer when they were in the wrong half of the world for that. It was almost like being back at home, and Blue felt a little homesick but quickly shrugged it off as she was distracted by the decorations. Blue was worried it was going to be cold, so she'd brought along a hoodie just in case. It was much softer than her dress and had little cat ears that were enchanted to wiggle, so Blue felt it was a very important part of her overall outfit. She couldn't carry Gregory on her head if she had a hood on though, so her frog was currently hanging out in her pocket instead. The sounds and colours of the ball were excellent distractions for Blue to focus on as she wandered aimlessly around the hall in search of more things to marvel at.

Saira hadn’t planned ahead for the yule ball once again, and unlike the last time, she hadn’t really brought a dress either. She wasn’t really planning on going to the ball but had nothing better to do, and she did like music in the yule ball much better compared to the valentines day dance, so she decided to show up.

She wore a last minute outfit, more dress-casual than what a person at a ball would wear but she had to make do. She was walking around the ball, a cup of punch in her hand and she was going to take another drink until she saw a girl carrying around a frog. The girl had an absolutely adorable hoodie and going against her usual self, she decided that she wanted to talk to the girl. “Hi, um.. I like your.. frog?”

There were so many people in the school to keep track of, but Blue knew that she shared some classes with Saira and vaguely recognised the girl as she approached. "Oh! Thank you? His name is Gregory!" She scooped the frog out from her pocket and carefully adjusted his tiny crown, then resettled him on her shoulder so he'd have a better view of the ball. Blue generally tried to keep Gregory away from crowds, but also didn't want to deprive him of seeing shiny things. He seemed to enjoy them. "I really like your dress," Blue said happily. It wasn't the kind of dress that Blue would think of to wear and she thought it was a very interesting and original choice.

Saira broke into a small smile, only noticing the frog's crown as the girl was adjusting it. She wondered how the crown managed to stay on when the frog was in her pocket. "That's adorable. I have a pet owl, his name is Henri." Saira kind of wished Henri was of a smaller breed so that she could bring him around school too. He had grown bigger than she had expected an owl to be.

"Thank you." Saira replied, a bit happy to hear that the girl didn't seem to find her clothing choice odd. "I really like your hoodie, by the ways. It's very cute."

"That's such a good name! Owls are so good!" Blue had thought about getting one herself, but there were so many already in the owlery for her to play with and she didn't want to make the others feel as if she were picking favourites by getting her own owl. She squeaked a thank you at the compliment, and closed her mouth before she could continue the cycle of pointing out things that they liked about each other, which would be endless because Blue liked a lot of things and could go on forever unless she stopped herself. "I thought it'd be colder with the snow, but it's not really?" she commented. Blue rocked on the balls of her feet, bobbing gently to the music, then looked to Saira. "Do you want to dance with me?" she asked earnestly.

Saira gave a small giggle, "I think it's meant to just look like snow." She said. "Otherwise, many of the students may have frozen already. " She added. Saira would definitely have frozen to death if it were real snow, other than the fact that she was more sensitive to the cold, she was also wearing a rather "un-winter-like" outfit.

Saira was surprised by how serious Blue seemed to be about dancing so she had agreed. "Sure, but I must warn you, I'm a horrible dancer." She said with a small smile. Dancing was an odd thing for Saira, she had somewhat enjoyed the yule ball dance lessons, at the very least. But, it was a miracle that her partner's toes were spared from being stepped on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back