Give Me Strength

OOC First Name
Aaron
Sexual Orientation
Pansexual
Wand
Knotted 14 Inch Sturdy Beech Wand with Fairy Wing Core

After spending her whole life on the sunny Mediterranean islands surrounding Greece, being in the somewhat slightly rainy New Zealand was a shock to her system. She missed home, she missed her other siblings and she definitely missed the compound which they all lived on, but she'd left, stupidly thinking her little brother Klementos needed protecting. He had insisted on going, and their parents agreed on the one condition that Elektra enrolled alongside him and she had complied, but now that they were here, she hadn't seen the little vlaca once, but she'd heard plenty from his professors.

It was as she was crossing the courtyard she spotted the young Hufflepuff (they hadn't even been put in the same house!) and she stormed over to him, gradually getting more and more worked up with every step, not even stopping to think who might be around. "OI!" she shouted, making her younger brother jump, "Klementos!"

She was almost shaking with anger as he timidly turned towards her, if anyone else shouted at him, he wouldn’t have batted an eyelid but he'd seen her wrath plenty of times back at home. "Enjoying it here at Hogwarts, Huh? Glad we moved to the other side of the world?!" She stood looking down at him, hands on hips, nails freshly painted. She didn't even wait for an answer before she continued. "YOU HAVEN'T BEEN GOING TO YOUR LESSONS YOU KOLOS, WE MOVED HERE JUST FOR YOU AND YOU'RE NOT EVEN MAKING AN EFFORT!"

She took a shaky breath and continued, "The least you could do is try, little brother, I'm only here for you and we can always go home whenever I want to." She glared one last time, "so go to your lessons Klementos, our parents expect at least that much." She couldn't even look at him right now so she turned and stormed away after slapping him on the top of his head, tears welling up as she thought about her old life and how Klem had changed everything. Sometimes she wished her parents hadn't had any more children after her and Abrax.

Klementos had been having a whale of a time at Hogwarts, making friends at the dining hall, playing on the rocks at the lake front and even sneaking down to see the House Elfs in the kitchen and nabbing free food, but that all crashed down as his sister stormed towards him in the middle of the courtyard and shouted his name.

He was in for it now, but he had stupidly turned to face her instead of running and he'd been bombarded with a steady stream of anger and resentment that he hadn't known his sister had. It was obvious from the way his sister was trying to hold back tears and the screaming in the middle of school that she didn't want to be here, but why hadn't she just said that before they moved. Girls.

He looked sheepishly to the ground knowing himself that he had missed a few lessons and was about to apologize when she slapped him, quite hard. "OW!" he shouted after her as she stormed off, shoulders shaking as if she was sobbing. It made him feel bad for abusing the gift that was being given to him but if he'd stayed at home he would have never had the opportunity to make friends or socialize outside the family circle, a thing that could almost be claustrophobic if you had to spend every day with the same people.

The slap had actually hurt and he placed a hand on his head, as if that would make the oncoming headache halt in its tracks. It was then he resolved to attend his lessons, because she would one-hundred percent get them to leave if she felt like he was slacking, a thing in his family, that you didn't do. He wouldn't waste his time here.

Hogwarts was finally starting to feel like a sort of home, instead of just this strange place that felt almost dreamlike. He still wasn't completely used to it, but he did feel more and more at ease. Last night he even managed to walk past a ghost without staring for too long. All in all, that was quite an accomplishment.

The courtyard really highlighted just how big this school really was, giving you a view of the outside walls. Tristan quite liked it here, it was outside while still sort of being inside. It was nice and he hoped that when the weather was good he could do some homework here. He was distracted from this thought by a female voice shouting somewhere, he looked up in slight alarm. Tristan wasn't the sort of person to get involved in other people's problems, but he couldn't really help but be aware of what was happening here right now. The girl was shouting at the younger boy, who seemed to be her brother, so loudly that it was impossible not to listen at least a little.

The boy was from his own house, Tristan knew, he'd seen him around the common room before. He was also in Tristan's year, and before he really stopped to think what he was doing, Tristan approached him. "Uhm, are you alright?" He asked softly. "That looked like it hurt."

Klementos threw another scowl at his sister's retreating back as she turned a corner and turned as more footsteps approached him. Almost ready to defend himself again in case one of his cousins wanted to attack, he was somewhat surprised when a boy he vaguely recognised from his own house approached him instead.

He studied the boy as he spoke, noting his accent and soft tone all the while studying his body language just in case the boy was coming to laugh at him, but as he talked Klementos allowed himself to untense as it was obvious the boy was being friendly, like so many others at this school. "I'm fine, it's all good. Nothing hurts more than a sister though." He smiled at himself and at the over boy as well, a silent invitation for his fellow Hufflepuff to join him in conversation.

He was glad the other boy didn't react badly to being approached after such a public fight with the girl that was apparently his sister. Tristan himself may have been a bit more defensive and worried that he was going to be laughed at, but he hoped that this boy could tell that Tristan wasn't about to make fun of him. Whatever the fight had been about, Tristan vowed that he wasn't going to pry. He was sort of curious, but he could completely understand if this boy wouldn't like to share that information with a complete and utter stranger.

"I wouldn't know." He said as the boy told him that sisters hurt. "I mean, I've never had one. Or any brothers either." He smiled, wondering if maybe being an only child was a good thing after all. If sisters all hit and shouted like that, he may have been lucky not to have one. "I'm Tristan, by the way. I'm pretty sure we're in the same house. Hufflepuff, right?" He hesitated, hoping he wasn't wrong. "I'm still getting used to the houses, so if I mixed you up with someone else or mixed up the houses, forgive me." He added lightly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back