Get This Thing Out of Me!

Galaxy Sith

OOC First Name
Cole
"Orsino grab the d@mn basket, we need to get everything taken care of before leaving!" Galaxy's water had broken almost ten minutes ago, and yet she was still waddling around the house attempting to gather everything. "Mea's overnight bag is at the door right now, you can apparate her to the baby sitter after I get to the Hospital." She couldn't bend over to grab her baby, and depended on Orsino to do so. Once everything was gathered her boyfriend finally grabbed her by the shoulders and whisked her to the Hospital. Nurses rushed her into the room she was to have her baby in, and Galaxy felt another contraction come over her body. "Get this thing out of me." She and Orsino had not wanted to know the sex of the baby, and wanted it to be a surprise. Galaxy had been calling it a terror, considering how much morning sickness and all around exhaustion she was dealing with because of this baby. She was lucky she had Orsino around to help her, but on the nights he was gone she was going through an odd torment. Sometimes things were left on the floor for days because she couldn't pick them up, her belly too large to reach the floor.

Even while being wheeled down the hall she was asking a hundred questions. "Are you sure we turned the stove off? What about the broom, did we ask it to stop sweeping. We should have disenchanted it. Oh goodness did I lock up the store? What if someone breaks in. Did the babysitter even owl us back, Orsino?" She was near tears as stressed out as she was. The doctors kept asking her to calm down, but the petite red-head couldn't manage it. She was telling them about her medication, even though they were asking Orsino, and every ten to fifteen minutes she would clutch her stomach, in severe pain from the contractions. They were pretty far apart still, and Galaxy knew that this child wasn't coming out without a fight. It was unfortunate for the girl, who only became more frantic as the doctors brought in the Iv's and helped her out of her sundress and into hospital gowns. She remembered telling Orsino to apparate Mea away, but instead grabbed his hand. "Please ask one of the nurses to take Mea to the day care, please. I don't want you to leave me here alone."

There was a pleading in Lexy's eyes that she usually did not use. It was one of fear for the future. The last time she had given birth she had done it alone, and gone home alone with Mea, who was now three years old. She wasn't sure that she could handle that again. Her deep brown eyes filled with tears of both pain and worry for what was ahead. Her petite hand squeezed at Orsino's, hoping he would stay by her side through this ordeal.

Orsino had to admit that if he had ever imagined having a child, this was probably not it. Though Lexy was barking orders at him, he was basically ignoring them and just doing his own thing. He'd tried to get her to go to St Mungo's ages ago, but as usual, she thought she knew what was best. Sighing, Orsino just followed along behind her with Mea. She wanted to be picked up because her mama was under a lot of stress and Mea could sense it. He listened to Galaxy's instructions carefully though, because he knew that she would expect him to know any of these things at the drop of a hat if she happened to ask him about them later, though he had the feeling that she was probably going to be a little too out of it to bother with worrying about it. Finally, Orsino found an opening and grabbed Galaxy, immediately whisking her away to the hospital. He had decided that he was definitely never having another baby, because he wasn't going through this again. He could handle his own pain, but it was a little too much to see her in pain. He'd read all sorts of books on pregnancy and child birth and whilst he was not a very big reader of anything that wasn't remotely tied to his profession, the thought that there were so many things that could potentially go wrong, Orsino kept at it. He wanted to make sure that he was ready for anything. Come what may, he would handle it. Maybe.

As she was wheeled down the corridor, Orsino was jogging behind her and listening to what the healers were saying though he didn't understand most of it. Big worded medical terms were not his thing really and he was just happy to follow along behind. He'd never really thought he would be the type to settle down and have a kid and truth be told, if they weren't having this one, then it would probably still be true. He just wasn't the type. He liked his freedom, he liked having things to himself. All that was going to change soon. They would have to move eventually too, probably. He wasn't raising his child in that place. He didn't even like Galaxy there and he hated leaving her alone she'd probably get into trouble or something and he wouldn't be there to help her. It didn't often occur to him that she'd lived there nearly a year all by herself and been fine. Orsino simply nodded when his now-in-labor girlfriend called out more instructions or questions to him. She asked him to take Mea to the babysitter and was about to do so when she grabbed hold of him and wouldn't let go. He understood why she was afraid, but he was not going to leave. "Shh, it's okay. I'll be right back. Promise." Then Orsino apparated back to the house and sent Mea off to the babysitters.

ooc: I'm so sorry about the quality of this post.

William looked up from his desk when he heard the nurses call his name. He'd been expecting Galaxy for a couple of days and was rather annoyed that she had waited until the absolute last minute. He'd told her weeks ago that she should have come to the wards much sooner, but as usual, the patient knows best. He quickly rushed over to the stressing patient and nodded when her partner had to leave to attend some issues. William moved the nurses out of the way so that he had better access to Galaxy and placed his hand on her stomach. "Alright, I need you to lie back for me, Galaxy." William had done this job hundreds of times before and it was never the same. Sometimes the patients did as he asked, other times and most often they did not. It was a huge pain in his arse if he was perfectly honest and it made his job harder, but it was worth it to see the happy faces in the end. "Your water broke at home, am I right?" He asked as he gestured for one of the nurses to bring a potion for Galaxy to drink. It would soothe her pain and perhaps calm her a little, at least until her partner got back.

Galaxy continued to protest, though it shifted from English to italian whenever a contraction came about. For some reason when under extreme duress it was as if she forgot all together how to speak English. Instead she clutched the wheelchair they had her in and gritted her teeth. Why did the contractions hurt so much more this time around? She was transferred to the bed, her eyes searching the room for the father of her baby. She felt ill again, mainly from her nerves of being alone once again. She hoped that he remembered to leave the juice boxes with the sitter, after all Mea was picky with what she ate and drank. She had to have 100% juice or she wouldn't touch the stuff. She said it was 'icky'. She was a picky eater when she was younger though - her father used to tell her horror stories. Speaking of her father, the man was supposed to be getting into town in a few days to visit. Along with her mother and siblings. They were so shocked to see her when she returned to Italy. Her and her child. At least they'd get to be there for this one.

Galaxy did as she was told and laid back. "Yes. About fifteen minutes ago. I know, I was supposed to come in sooner, i just needed to close the shop and get th - ah - through a few things." She clenched her fists against the rough bed sheets. These hospital beds were always so uncomfortable - though they were less so in the wizarding world it seemed. "Holy crap this kid is trying to kill me!" She spoke loudly in Italian. "Where the hell is Orsino?!" She asked, looking around again for her boyfriend, father of this baby.

William nodded as she told him the information he had asked. He scribbled some notes onto his clipboard and passed it back to one of the nurses. Though he could understand that she had to get things done, this would really have been easier on her if she had just come in like she was supposed to. She should really have been here yesterday, but no-one ever paid attention to their Healer. Shaking his head, William held his hand out as one of the nurses handed him a potion and he showed it to Galaxy. "I'd like you to drink this please. It'll ease your contractions and help with the pain." He held the potion out to her. It would be easier for her to just take it, but he wasn't going to force it down her throat. "One of the nurses will bring him here when he gets back, please calm down."

Orsino packed the over night bag. He wasn't sure if Galaxy had a ready made one, but he didn't want to risk it. He shoved in everything he could fit, which included a couple of pairs of shoes, her favourite dress and multiple pairs of socks incase her feet got cold. It was more a survival kit then an overnight bag by the time he was finished with it. He knew that Galaxy would ask for these things at some point and he wanted to be prepared. She had to do this alone the first time and though he was still nervous about all of this, he knew he wanted to be there to help her through this one. Mia was getting big now and so Orsino had little experience with babies, but he was going to try, for the sake of himself, the baby and for Galaxy. He'd stuffed this up too many times, he needed to make everything right, or he'd be spending the rest of his life full of regret. He looked around, making sure he had everything that he thought she would need and quickly apparated back St Mungo's. He knew that Galaxy would be freaking out. She probably thought he'd freaked out and left, but he owed it to her to stay. He wasn't going to leave her this time.

Making his way through the nurses, he found the one he needed and she showed him to Galaxy and the Healer. He quickly dumped the bag at the end of the bed and reached for Galaxy's hand. He smiled at her, though it was obviously a nervous smile. If she was going to go through this every time, they were never having another child. He could handle his own pain, but he couldn't handle hers, physical or not. "I'm here now. We're fine."
Sorry it's not longer!

Having been through this once, Galaxy should have known what to expect. However she couldn't even remember the pain from last time with the new pain of contractions that her little girl brought to her. "I could only hope it's whiskey." She said sarcastically before giving her best angry cheers to the doctor and downing the nearly tasteless liquid. The after taste of it was what made her gag, but she knew it was for the best. "Dear Merlin get it out!" She said with tears in her eyes. Orsino had now come to her side, and she was near passing out. She took deep breaths, steadying herself. "Please don't leave me again." She begged him, squeezing his hand with a force she hadn't realized she had. She was so afraid for this child, if Orsino was gone how could she raise two without a father. She was lucky that he'd come when Mea was so young, because some days it was so difficult for her. With her now in the room where she would most likely spend the next few days recovering, Galaxy knew it was time, and that she was going to meet her child soon.

--

At 12:01 am, October 5th, Sofia Adelina Antolini was born. She weighed 8 pounds and 7 ounces. The doctors, after cleaning off the child, brought the beautiful baby girl back to Galaxy and Orsino. Galaxy, whom had already been a bit teary eyed from the labor was now watering like a garden hose as she held her newest addition to the family, which she and Orsino had managed to put together. Looking to her lover she offered up the child, "Here, Orsino, why don't you hold your daughter?"

Orsino spent the majority of the labour moving between Galaxy and trying not to hurl. To be honest he never realised how much work having a baby was. One thing he knew now was that they were never having another child, he wouldn't be able to handle it no way. When Galaxy called him over to see the baby, he was very hesitant. He'd never held a baby before. Except maybe when he was a kid and it was Clara, besides that he'd never held a child that was his. His child. Carrying his DNA with someone else's. He'd held baby dragons before, but they were so much different to the moderately sized bundle in his girlfriends arms. Orsino looked down at Galaxy before slinking over to see them both. Sofie had the biggest blue eyes he'd ever seen and he smiled down at her. They were certainly his eyes. He reached out carefully for the bundle and smiled at Galaxy. "Look what you did, babe. I'm so proud of you."

William was happy with the way things had progressed. Galaxy had done everything that he'd asked and now there was another baby in the world with extremely loving parents. It had been touch and go for a moment there during the delivery, but in the end it had all gone rather smoothly. These were the happiest times for William and he enjoyed seeing the happy parents immensely. As a Healer he'd never really thought about children for himself, but he had to admit that it was probably something he would look for in the future. That was if he ever found the right person, which he still had plenty of time to do. William waved at Galaxy and Orsino as he handed them some things they might need and left the room. He just had a couple of things he had to do before he left the hospital for the evening. Though, of course, as a doctor he was never really gone.
End!​

Users who are viewing this thread

Back