Tyr Holmes

Soon to be Father of Two
Blood Status
Unknown
Relationship Status
Seeing Somebody
Sexual Orientation
Bisexual
Tyr Holmes was a recent immigrant to New Zealand, after spending many years having slowly migrated his life over here. With the introduction of his second child, he had felt that it was about time he made the 'big leap' and properly moved in with his partner, rather than remained living on the other side of the planet. It had not taken him long to get into the swing of things, though he was still looking at his options when it came to full time work, he had picked up a part time job as a potioneer to ensure he wasn't a burden on his pregnant girlfriend. It gave him more time with their son and let him sort out his social life a little. It didn't take him long to develop a diverse circle of friends, who all managed to make him feel ancient in various ways, but it meant that after living in New Zealand for six months, he had a thriving social life that made up for the one he had left behind in the UK. Lacking friends would not have made him fully regret his move, as he had wanted to be closer to his son and promote his and Paige's relationship at the same time, but it did make it much easier to leave his life behind.
Finding a place to duel recreationally had also been of great benefit, as he was not much of a Quidditch player. He definitely enjoyed watching the sport, but by looks of the ameteur teams in New Zealand, they were rabid fans of the sport, and he rather liked his face. Duelling was much more his speed. In a complicated way, it had also led him to meet and befriend Aspen, whom was a lively young woman that he had many conversations with before or after a duel, usually nursing a drink in one hand. "Hello Aspen," he greeted warmly, finding her after getting himself cleaned up after his last duel. He hadn't won and so needed a jinx reversed, but that hadn't dampened his enjoyment of it all the same. "Did you enjoy yourself? Tempted to have a duel of your own some day? I hear Thursday's duel is still looking for some numbers."

Aspen was casually seeing Otis, and it was a weird feeling. Aspen had never really dated anyone, though she was with Ellie, they were nothing like a 'casual dating' relationship. Aspen certainly wanted to get to know Otis more, but it was a weird feeling, a feeling that guilt often accompanied. An unusual hobby that the Professor had taken up, was duel watching. She wasn't very good with magic herself, but she found watching the matches invigorating. She thought perhaps it was because of the one match she had supervised at school. It wasn't something that she wanted to do herself, but she definitely enjoyed the total break of her normal life, doing something so weird and different.
Aspen already had her drink in hand, waiting for her new friend to join her after his duel. It had become somewhat of a ritual to hang out after his duels, one which Aspen always found herself looking forward to. Even if he hadn't won the duel, he was still pleasant company. She laughed at his comment, before waving down the bartender to get him a well deserved drink. "Either you've never seen me work spells, or that last hex is still holding it's affect on you." Aspen replied to Tyr. "I could duel myself and still lose." Aspen replied, laughing again. She wasn't embarrassed to not be any good at spells. She knew the basic ones, the helpful ones and the ones that helped her with her animals. That was all she needed.

Tyr sighed as Aspen ordered him a drink, happy to let his friend indulge him this one time. With Paige pregnant with their second child, he didn't drink often as her nose was sensitive and he could get giggly, which was not a responsible look when putting their son to bed. He thanked both Aspen and the bar tender when his drink arrived, and smiled into the rim when Aspen spoke of her duelling skills. She was apparently absolutely terrible at duelling as a whole, but as a professor of the nearby school, he was sure it was just her not being sure of herself.
"Come now, Aspen," he scolded gently. "You can't be that bad. You're a professor - you work with magical beasts all day." Of course, he was implying that her students were the magical beasts she should be wary of, but if any of her students were anything like he was in school, then he was quite right. "I've been meaning to write you all week, by the way, but couldn't get around to it. Are you free later tonight? Paige and I host games and we're going to be one short this evening. Not duelling related, in fact, you likely won't even need your wand. Interested?"

Aspen snorted into her drink with laughter as Tyr began to scold her. "And the creatures too." Aspen replied to him, though suspecting that he was hinting at the kid's being beasts anyway. She shrugged her shoulders, letting the conversation move on quite happily. Aspen was happy with what she knew, and if the need ever presented itself for her to know another spell, then she'd learn it. Something she was very good at was brewing the wolfsbane potion, but no one really knew that; nor did they need to. Aspen's eyes lit up when he talked about a games night they were having that evening. "Sign me up. When do we go?" She asked with a small laugh, getting excited already.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back