Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Interested in Somebody
Sexual Orientation
Bisexual
Wand
Dogwood Wand 13" Meteorite Dust Core
Hogwarts was a somewhat overwhelming experience for Clifton, and though he felt safer at this one than he would have in Scotland, it was difficult to keep track of everything going on at once. He sort of felt as though he lived somewhere outside the social sphere of his year, struggling just as he had in England to make friends, though at least so far noone at Hogwarts had outright bullied him. It didn't feel great though, walking through crowds almost unnoticed, feeling no part of the lives going on around him. Though Clifton tried his best to bridge the silence with his jokes, it just didn't seem to be working. So when he was feeling more melancholy, Clifton retreated to the things that had never failed him. Today, he had taken his flute down to the arts room, hoping for a few silent moments of music. Bringing the instrument to his lips, he began to pipe out a slow classical tune, the familiar music and the peace of playing soothing his nerves. However busy the rest of the school was, Clifton felt at home when he played.

Some weeks had already passed and the semester was quickly coming to an end, so Mark decided to spend more of his time not trying to make friends, as he wasn't that confident to talk to people anyways, but rather trying to explore all of the huge castle. It was getting easier for Mark to get around the castle and find his classrooms, although other rooms still seemed like a huge mystery to the boy. Mark loved spending his time just wandering around the castle, sometimes doing it during their sleep time, yet he still didn't manage to get caught by a staff member.

Mark knew that there is an Arts room somewhere and he wanted to finally find the room where people just played musical instruments or were singing or drawing. Mark was pretty creative and he felt that maybe he could spend his time in that room, improving his singing abilities or musical instrument playing abilities or just drawing, what he loved to do. With a small smile on his face as he went closer to a room he has never been in, he heard a beautiful flute melody. It made him smile a little more. Was that the room he was trying to find? Mark stood in the doorway, looking at the boy he didn't know and just listening to him as he was playing. It was beautiful.

((Sorry to reply so late, I somehow lost track of all of Clifton's threads x_x ))

Nothing about Clifton felt calm any time other than when he was playing the flute. He didn't know what it was about music, but he felt as though all his awkward, gangling tendencies fell away while he was playing. Everything felt simple, organised, almost graceful. Of course, that was probably more due to the fact that he only had to move his hands and sway very slightly while playing, and it was hard to trip over yourself while moving so little, but Clifton relished the brief feeling of grace nonetheless. It distracted him entirely, and he allowed himself to simply sink into the music, letting it lift him away from his life for the moment. It was only when the song finished that he opened his eyes and realised he was no longer alone. Startled, Clifton jumped slightly and clutched his flute. "Oh!" He said nervously, giving the boy a weak smile. "I'm terribly sorry, I didn't realise you were there."

As he was listening to the boy playing his music instrument, he closed his eyes for few seconds. Mark had a undefinable love for music, he has always wanted to learn to play other music instruments than guitar and piano and flute.. it just seemed so beautiful. Mark listened and looked at the boy from back, hoping that he wouldn't be feel distracted when he would see Mark. Mark also hoped that the boy didn't have intention to be alone there and that he wouldn't be mad at Mark. All these thoughts kept slipping his mind from music he was hearing and all of sudden the boy noticed Mark. - I'm sorry for interrupting you! Mark started, giving him a slight smile and noticing the other boy doing the same. Mark went into the room, putting his hand in front of him for he boy to shake - I'm Mark. He said. - That was something!

Clifton shook his head quickly, face flushing. "Not at all, did you need to use the room?" He asked, glancing around nervously. Clifton had been enjoying his moment of solitude, but he didn't want to keep someone with more needs from using the arts room. He smiled nervously when the other boy reached out to greet him, wondering if this was a prank even as he shook the boy's hand. "I'm Clifton. Er... thank you very much!" He said with a nervous smile. "Do, um... do you play anything?"

Mark couldn't help but immediately notice that the other boy seemed pretty shy too. - No, not at all! Mark said, giving him a slight smile. Mark was passionate about music and he clearly could make a friend in that field, so they both could share their passion together. After all, this boy really had a talent and his flute play was very beautiful. - I was just wandering around the castle. Mark continued his sentence, to make sure that he didn't have the intention to trouble Clifton. Mark noticed what seemed to be a nervous smile from Clifton and that made Mark a bit more confident about himself and he even got the courage to normally talk to him. -Yeah, I play guitar.. At least I'm learning. Mark smiled. - How long have you been playing flute for?

Clifton was relieved that the other boy hadn't come to kick him out of the arts room, though he was still a bit nervous the other boy might turn out to be mean. "Oh! Well, that's good then." He said quickly, giving a nervous, uncomfortable smile. He listened to Mark talk about music, nodding in interest. "Oh, that's exciting... I'm always impressed by people who play string instruments." He said gently. Clifton was a bit surprised when Mark asked how long he had been playing for, pausing to think back. "Oh. Well, um... years, I suppose... since I was... six or seven, I think? It's been quite a long time."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back