Nick
Blood Status
Pure Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Wand
Curly Oak/Wenge 16" Essence of Feng-huang Tail Feather
Hi HNZers,

As any of you who reside in Europe should have noticed by now - the software HNZ is hosted on is now in compliance with major portions of GDPR.
The most notable change is that users in the EU will have noticed an ugly and intrusive pop-under asking you to confirm acceptance of cookie usage, etc. to access the board. This is not our ideal implementation of the GDPR regulations, but is the one our host has landed on.
Similarly, there is now a link to ZetaBoards' privacy policy in our footer.

If you have any questions/concerns about these changes, please let me know - but, unfortunately, there isn't much we can do to modify them at this time.

Thought it'd be good just to let you know what's happened and why! (I thought I might have had malware the first time I saw ZetaBoards' awful GDPR pop-under.)

Dear god. I can't even escape GDPR on HNZ!

Which is just the way the EU wanted it. xD

Ah, I wondered why that was suddenly a thing. Thanks Nick!

I've been receiving notifications from apps too. It's literally everywhere =))

Getting emails/alerts like

wkoi0f6ud2011.gif

The emails are a nightmare. But its also a big big thing at work. Anyone would think its the first time we've had data protection laws.

Work as been a nightmare for me with all this.

I actually got a letter about GDPR today...that takes it to a whole new level :tut:

Archived

This topic can no longer be considered 'news' but should rather be called 'olds'. It has thusly been archived.
If you have any questions or concerns involving this [former] news, please contact an administrator and keep looking for newer 'news' in the News and Updates forum.

Thank you,
~The HNZ Site Staff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back