OOC First Name
Cyndi
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Single
Wand
Knotted 12 Inch Rigid Larch Wand with Mermaid Scale Core
Jacob didn't know any of the first years all that well, not even the ones in his own house. Unless he counted Jemma, and he didn't. His house was large, and now seeing all of the first years streaming out of the pitch and onto the lawn towards different areas of the school, he was seeing that all of the houses were just as large. Spotting a familiar red crest on a uniform, Jacob drifted closer. "Was it just mine or did your broom look like a student got a bit hungry and decided to make their broom into a snack?" he asked with a grin, knowing it was a silly thing to say and going for it anyway.

Dittany hadn't been sure what she would make of Flying, but after her first lesson, she felt fairly confident the class would be a breeze. Well, she'd managed to command her broom on the ground, anyway - and if she could do that without any trouble, how hard could it be in the air? It was this sort of unwarranted confidence that was going to land her a bed in the hospital wing one day, for sure. Dittany didn't care. Her father was a duellist. She'd seen her share of accidents, and grown desensitised to the notion of pain.

The Gryffindor joined the stream of first years pouring out of the pitch, surprised to be approached by a boy whose crest matched her own. She stared at him for a second, as if unsure whether he was really addressing her, and then smirked. "Eating a broom? Why are you saying zis? Tu es bizarre, tu le sais? You are weird. But you are good wiz broom. You are a Gryffindor, oui?"

Jacob was taken aback for a moment as the girl spoke with an accent so very different from his own. His Uncle Sebastian had grown up in France and spoke French, but he didnt have the same accent. Grinning as the girl complimented his broom skills, Jacob didn't even mind at all that he'd been called weird by her in the same sentence. "So, it was just my broom? Cool" he replied before nodding and tapping the Gryffindor symbol on his uniform. "Yup. I'm Jacob. So what're you gonna do now...?" he asked, ready to invite himself if it turned out to be anything interesting. She'd already turned out to be more interesting than he'd expected.

Though Dittany found Jacob strange, he was surprisingly endearing. And as she had said moments earlier, he was good with his broom. Like her, he'd been able to command it to his hand with ease - in spite of the fact great chunks had been taken out of it by bludgers and bats and general carelessness. "No, I am kidding; mine was too," she said, laughing softly. Then she looked out over the lawn and shrugged. "I don't know. I 'ave got some 'omework, but I do not want to do it; it is so 'ard and boring. Zere is too much 'omework for magic. Oh oui - do you want to play a game?" Dittany's eyes twinkled.

Jacob listened to the girl, nodding amiably as she finally admitted to her broom looking like a giant had squeezed too hard. The eleven year old boy stuffed a hand in his pocket, not doing a great job of hiding his distaste for the new subject. Homework. "I know right? Shouldn't homework always just be 'here practice now'?" he said, his exasperation at all the reading that came with becoming a wizard apparent. Why hadn't Noah warned him? Jacob nodded eagerly, not even thinking about it. "Yes! What kind of game? Wanna climb trees or find gnomes?" he said, his tone faster and his voice louder, betraying his enthusiasm for this idea.

People seemed to be hanging around after the Flying Lesson, so Analei wasn't sure if she was supposed to leave or if something was happening. The blonde actually really enjoyed flying, and was definitely going to ask her parents to buy her a broom - the school ones weren't fantastic, and if she wanted to join the Quidditch team the next year, she'd definitely need a better one.
Analei had all but decided that nothing was happening and it was time to leave when she heard an interesting accent asking to play a game. Analei hadn't played any games in a long time; she was always too scared that she'd get too competitive and get angry. But the boy asking about climbing trees and finding gnomes - that didn't seem like something she'd get angry about. Analei sheepishly walked closer to the two. "Do you mind if I play too?"

Dittany stared, and then laughed, amused by Jacob's idea of a fun game. Finding gnomes? Climbing trees? Dittany did that kind of thing when she was seven. "No, no," she said, opening her mouth to explain when they were joined by another girl, who had presumably overheard Jacob's enthusiastic gabbling. "Yes, let's all play. But not gnomes. We should play Truth or Dare. 'Ave you played it?" She directed this question to both Jacob and the Hufflepuff.

Sorry for the delay!

Emilia wasn't sure if she had enjoyed her first lesson of flying, and as they made their way up to the castle she found herself thinking back to her many attempts at making her broom float. It hadn't gone so well. She heard a few students talk about a game, and stopped in her tracks. She recognized the boy from Athena's house, and Analei from her own dorm. "Are you playing a game?" She asked timidly, though she wasn't sure why she asked. A game could be fun, though she hoped her cousin would join too. She stepped a little closer to Analei, as she was the most familiar face here. She knew truth or dare, though she didn't think she had ever played it.

As Diana made her way to the castle after that joke of a lesson, she saw a small group of her fellow first years gathered together and talking. Always on the hunt for a new scoop of interesting information, she drifted closer. It was that annoying boy she had met before school, the one that had turned out to be the minister's son. It annoyed her to know she had made an enemy like that, but she knew it was too late to try to make him like her. So instead she focused on the girl he was talking to, grinning when she heard 'Truth or Dare'. "I'm in." She declared, glancing at Jacob in a challenging way. "I'm not afraid to be honest or daring." She added as an extra challenge, in case he was now thinking of backing out. Truth or dare would be a wonderful way to get some gossip about her fellow students. And a good way to kill time.

Jacob didn't know what was so bad about gnomes, but he wasn't too bothered as long as they were going to be playing a game. When she mentioned the name, Jacob looked around at the others who had gathered, wondering if they'd ever played. He hadn't, and he wasn't sure it sounded like a lot of fun. Well, the dare part did but what was so fun about the truth?

"Me neither" he added, shooting a glance at the girl who'd spoken up. He knew her. She was the girl who'd gotten him in trouble a few months ago. "I want to go first!" he declared, just so he could beat the girl to it. There was no way he was going to let her be better than him at this game, whatever it was.

Mazikeen had been wandering around the gardens, looking for something to do, but with very little in bloom there wasn't much that she could do. The girl instead just walked out and it was upon her heading back towards the school that at the lawn she noticed a bunch of first years. A few of whom she knew because she knew they were in Gryffindor with her. She decided to walk closer and ended up overhearing that they were playing or going to play truth or dare. Oh, that would be interesting, "Can I join?" she asked approaching, a small but keen expression on her face, "If you're going first then, truth or dare?" the girl asked the one boy in the group whom she had heard say he wanted to go first.

Analei had heard of Truth or Dare, but she had never played it before. It was hopefully a game that wouldn't set her off, she was sure she'd enjoy it. Analei shook her head. "No, but I will play. I'm Analei." She introduced herself to the boy and girl. Another voice joined them, and Analei looked over to see Emilia and she smiled, unaware of how nervous she was until her stomach relaxed at the sight of a familiar face. Another two people joined, with the boy declaring he wanted to go first. Analei was fine with that, she was happy to see how to all went down before it was her turn. She looked at the boy, waiting to see which option he would choose. Being a Gryffindor, she supposed he'd probably chose dare. Analei stuck close to Emilia, hoping the girl wouldn't mind her new cling-on for the day.

Jacob recognized the girl who'd given him the name of the game, this time in the form of a question. He smiled, not even having to think about. Really, what was there to think about? There was only one fun choice here. "Dare" he said, bouncing on his heels as he waited to find out what would happen next.

Lavinia was outside like any other day, doing her own stuff, when she noticed some of her classmates gathered together doing something. She squinted, trying to hear what they were saying but she wasn't close enough. Curious, the first year went over to them and realised one of them was Jacob, whom she had met before coming to Hogwarts. Lavinia barely talked to him since then, so why not officially become friends? She then noticed two girls from her dorms and a few others she did not know as well. "Hey guys," she waved. "What are you doing?" she asked, hoping one of them would be nice enough to tell her.

Jacob recognized the girl that came up to the group and smiled. He met her before sorting, and it was nice to see her again. He could see by her uniform that she'd ended up a Hufflepuff. "It's a game called truth or dare, and I just chose dare" he explained, still excited for what was to come.

Analei grinned when the boy chose dare, she wouldn't really have expected anything else from a Gryffindor. She was unsure what she would chose, she supposed everyone would love others to chose dare, but she didn't quite know what kind of dares were going to be given. He was really brave for going first, and for choosing dare. Analei looked around and no one seemed to be saying anything, she wondered what the rules were for who was supposed to dare him, but as no one spoke up, she had an idea. "I dare you to - uh - serenade someone in the group."

Diana wasn't surprised the boy chose dare, though in her opinion it was the stupid option. You would have to do something embarrassing if you picked dare, while you could easily lie your way out of having to tell some embarrassing truth. She laughed when another girl suggested a dare, and smirked at Jacob. "Go on." She taunted.

Jacob heard the dare he'd been given and raised his eyebrows. He enjoyed singing in the shower, but in front of other people? No, he had never really quite enjoyed that but a dare was a dare, and there was no way he was backing down, not when he'd volunteered to go first. His mind raced through all of the songs he knew and then trying to figure out who he was going to serenade. He only really knew one person here and not even that well, but he looked over at Lavinia, hoping she wouldn't want to kill him after this.

Just as he was about to take a step towards her, Jacob heard the taunting voice of the other person in the group he knew, though he wished he didn't. He stiffened, giving her a dirty look before marching up to Lavinia. "Sorry about this " he apologized, his cheeks mottling with embarassment and then he broke into his favorite song, one that was played often on the wizarding radio stations. "I can't see you..." Jacob was half singing, half speaking the words to the first verse, his hands in his pocket as he began. He pushed up his glasses as he got to the chorus, singing louder and snapping his fingers at his favorite part. As soon as the chorus was done, Jacob abruptly stopped and then added a small bow to the group before getting out of the middle. "So who's next? Diana? Yea? Truth or dare?" he immediately said, putting her on the spot.

Diana couldn't stop herself, and she wouldn't have even if she could. She giggled as she watched Jacob sing a song to Lavinia. She didn't bother to hide her laughter, watching him mockingly. It was no surprise when he turned the question on her after that, and she smirked confidently as she met his gaze. "Truth." She said innocently, though there was a challenge in her gaze. She knew she would just lie if it was needed, and that she would be fine.

Lavinia nodded, so they were playing truth or dare! That was a cool game. She forced herself not to burst out into laughter when one of her dormmates dared Jacob to serenade someone here. Her amusement was short-lived when the person Jacob chose was Lavinia herself. She wrinkled her nose, they were too young for this romance stuff, and when he was done she gave him a round of applause. "That was absolutely fantastic," she announced, sarcastically, hoping Jacob wouldn't take offence to her sarcasm and sending the boy a look as if to say she was going to get her revenge. She rolled her eyes as a Slytherin girl chose truth. "Where‘s the fun in that?" she asked, raising an eyebrow, before shrugging. It was up to her if she wanted to play the boring part of the game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back