Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Engaged
Sexual Orientation
Xavier 💕
Wand
Straight 12 1/2 Inch Unyielding Ash Wand with Phoenix Tail Feather Core
The view of the Hogwarts Garden from the North Towers was beautiful. So peaceful and serene. Alexis was perched on one of the windowsills with her guitar on her lap. She was absentmindedly strumming to another song that she discovered during the holiday break. The rose deliveries were done so the Ravenclaw took advantage of the extra time she had before dinner. Sure, she could hang out in the lounge or at the common room but since the rose delivery commotion was still in the works, the third year made use of the solitude the tower offered.

Running her fingers through the strings, she started another song. It was the same song that she had played in the lawn with Xavier. This time, after looking back to the stairs and ensuring that nobody came up, Alexis sang along. She got lost in her singing that she did not notice somebody was already standing at the top of the staircase,watching her performance.

Xavier could not lie to himself. He had been rather surprised when he had received not just one but two roses, from a close friend of his. That morning had been eventful in this regard and the boy decided he couldn’t let this slide, it wouldn’t be fair to Alexis nor himself. If he tried to ignore it, it would only grow in his mind and he would become restless and find any excuse not to confront her about it. She had been brave to send those roses, he'd give her that. Xavier wasn’t the type to send flowers to another person if he liked them - he was much more upfront about it. That was why he found himself, after having read the note and taken the flowers to the common room, that he needed to find Alexis.

The third year didn’t know where to look at first, but so far he hadn’t found her on the lower levels. He assumed she could be in the north tower, a place they went to together once. He was about to make his presence known when he heard one of the most beautiful sounds he had ever heard. It was familiar. He smiled, unable to help himself. He didn’t interrupt, finding it too nice of a performance to do so. Instead, he let Alexis finish, and once she was done he waited a few moments before clapping. "That, my dear friend, was exceptional. Mind if I join you?" he asked her, stepping closer. He didn’t have his guitar with him but that wasn’t really what he meant. Xavier was here for a reason and he wanted to talk to her about what happened.​

The Ravenclaw reached the last of the song and she let the closing melody linger in the air. She sighed, feeling good that she was able to enjoy one of her many hobbies.Thinking back to the song, she wondered if a certain Hufflepuff already received the roses. She brainstormed over what color she would send thus reaching the conclusion of sending both colors. Colors rose to her cheeks as she became nervous, yet at the same time curious, on how Xavier would react. Shaking her head, she adjusted her perch on the window, fingers poised for another song.

Just as she was about to strum again, a clapping sounded out in the silence followed by a compliment. Its sound echoing in the tower. Startled and with wide eyes upon recognizing the voice, Alexis glanced toward the staircase to find the person in her mind coming closer to where she was. "He heard me sing.", she said, not noticing that she said the words out loud. Her cheeks were still sporting the color when she gave a cheerful smile. "Xavier,hi.No, I don't mind. Have a seat.", she said,fumbling on the words. Normally she was not like this. The Ravenclaw glanced at the view outside. "Beautiful, isn't it?", she remarked, not knowing what to say.

Xavier chuckled as Alexis noticed him and her cheeks going a tinge of red didn’t escape him. He smiled softly as he stepped closer to her and was glad when she offered him the seat, even though he probably was going to sit down next to her anyway. Standing while having a conversation with someone who was sitting was awkward. That, and impolite. He chuckled at her comment, but decided not to comment on it or tease her. Now sitting down, the boy raised his eyebrows. "Are you okay Alexis? You seem a bit nervous," he said bluntly, and nodded at her question. "Yes, it is beautiful," Xavier agreed but his gaze wasn’t on the view she was gesturing at. "Hey. So, uh...I wanted to talk to you about the roses." He was either doing it now, or never. Xavier normally didn’t leave things like these hanging.​

Alexis laughed along with Xavier, partly to hide her embarrassment. Now with her scooted over as Xavier went to sit beside her, she was about to ask him anything that would fill in the silence when he asked whether she was okay. Clearing her throat, she smiled despite the flushed cheeks. "Y-yeah, I'm fine.", although looking at him, she felt comfortable enough to admit a bit of her nervousness. "It's just that I'm not used to be heard singing.And you heard me.", she sighed with relief upon telling him.

The Ravenclaw nodded in agreement as to the beauty of the view when she felt eyes on her. Glancing back, she discovered that Xavier was actually looking at her.Intently. Adjusting her perch while tucking a lock of hair behind her ear, she stopped short at Xavier's question about the roses. She met his gaze as she nodded slowly with a hint of a smile on her lips."Yeah, you got them?", she asked him, denying about their existence was pointless.

Xavier squinted a bit at Alexis as she answered him, and to anyone else it might have seemed obvious as to why she was so nervous all of a sudden in contrast to before he had arrived to the tower. But to the hufflepuff he only felt concerned for his friend. Not because he didn’t want to think about the rose or what she had written him, but because he wondered if there was something more she wanted to say but simply couldn't. Maybe he was meant to be the one to say something and just be done with it instead of prolonging what was on his mind. When she told him why she was feeling the way she was, his shoulders relaxed and his gaze softened, replaced by a soft smile on his lips. "Well, you have a beautiful voice and I think you should share it more often," he said, and nudged her with his elbow. The question that Alexis asked him was a little silly and Xavier tried not to show his confusion. He had asked about them and of course that could only mean he had, in fact, received them. "Yeah. I, um, I did," he admitted. Xavier wanted to keep talking, but he also didn’t want to make her feel uncomfortable about this. Though surely if she didn’t really want to talk about it with him why did she send the roses? "I also read your note," he said gently, hinting at the fact that he knew now how she felt about him.

Alexis smiled at Xavier. He has always been sweet and caring from the first time they met. He made her comfortable despite what transpired earlier. She had just realized that the short time they spent together, the Ravenclaw could already notice little details on her classmate. Hearing the compliment from him made her heart swell. "Thanks, Xav.", she said softly. "Maybe next time, I could get to hear you sing with your guitar.", she added with a bright smile, regaining some of her composure.

With the subject of the roses brought up and Xavier saying that he did receive it, Alexis nodded slowly."Do you like them?", she asked,keeping the conversation ongoing casually. She was gauging his reaction on the roses and her note. Keeping a cool face, she looked intently on the boy beside her until he mentioned the note. "You did? And....?", she asked, anticipating his response, hoping against all hopes he would not just walk away. But this is Xavier Mackintosh we are talking about. He was the most polite, gentleman that Alexis knew in their year.

Xavier really did think Alexis had one of if not the most wonderful voice when she sang, Xavier hadn’t gotten the treat to listening to many others sing and play an instrument or simply play a musical instrument since he was the only one in his direct family who played guitar. But now, he found someone with whom to play here at school. None of his friends from Muggle school ever showed any interest in music to his dismay. The third year smiled at his Ravenclaw friend as she replied, and he chuckled at her words. "Next time we hang out, I'll make sure to bring my guitar and sing something just for you," he winked. "Or..." he said as an afterthought, glancing at Alexis again. "I could borrow yours? If that’s okay? If you want me to hear something now, that is," he added, politely as always.

When the girl asked him if he liked them, Xavier nodded his head immediately, not wanting her to think he was doubting anything he read or received from her. It had been a nice gesture and the boy thought maybe it was high time he told her how he himself felt about all of this. "I loved them. I was relieved, actually," he said finally, looking at Alexis once more. He shifted a bit closer, smiling softly. "I...feel the same way."

The Ravenclaw never thought that she would find a connection with someone in school. Sure she made a lot of friends and had some common interests with some of them but nobody connected with her when it comes to music as deeply as the Hufflepuff beside him. Seeing him chuckle at her words made her wish he could sing for her right at that moment. Maybe through a song,she would know how he felt. Prayers answered when Xav offered to sing for her whether next time or with her guitar. Her face lit up as she passed her guitar. "You know,you're the first person after my brothers to play my guitar.",she commented."You should be honored.",she added jokingly.

The enthusiasm of his nod at her question did not escape the girl.She may not have received one from him but to spend time with him before the dance meant something to the third year. Was he looking for her?,she wondered.Hearing him say that he loved the roses brought the color to her cheeks again. She was about to ask why he said he was relieved when Xavier shifted closer to her with a smile different from the friendly smiles they shared."I...feel the same way." The words fell out of his lips and Alexis was blushing more than ever as she gazed on the mouth as it was forming the words she somehow thought would not hear from him. Gazing back into his eyes,she replied softly,"You do?You...like...me...too?",asking the question with uncertainty but the soft,sweet smile garced her lips.

Xavier had not thought much of what he was saying until Alexis actually handed her guitar over to him, though he certainly wouldn't mind playing for her. Had it been anyone else, that was yet to be seen. He smiled as he took the guitar and cleared his throat, chuckling lightly at her joke. "I wonder why that is. I must be special," he said airily, playing along. It was fun to hang out with Alexis, much better than keeping his own company most of the time, he thought as he began to strum a few chords, eventually singing a song he had always liked to play, but rarely sang in front of others. When he was done, his face was a little flushed and he hastily handed back the guitar, muttering a quick 'thank you' as he did so. Only when his gaze met hers again did Xavier notice the blush on her cheeks. He grinned inwardly at his success, or what he enjoyed thinking was his success. He made a girl blush, something that hadn't ever happened before. "Yes, I do. As much more than just a friend," he said rather bluntly, and leaned in closer instinctively, closing the remaining gap between the pair.

Alexis just laughed at her attempt of a joke although Xavier was sincere which showed on his chuckles. She must agree that he was indeed special, again bringing a rosy tint to her cheeks. In addition, with the many friends she made in school, Alexis only found musical connection with Xavier which made it much easier for the girl to like the boy. She folded her hands together as the Hufflepuff started playing on her guitar. She had never heard him sing and she was amazed at how good he was. The song was one of the many others that she played and sang but never heard it sung by a male counterpart. Now, she had. Her smile was there from start to finish. She shyly received the guitar from him. "It was beautiful.", she remarked in a soft voice, her words meant more than the song.

Her gaze had been held captive by his as each second passed by. She knew she was rosy colored now and looking into Xavier's eyes, she knew that the third year noticed that as well. She was about to take back her silly question when it was answered by a solid yes. "Yes, I do. As much more than just a friend," One thing that shook Alexis was Xavier's bluntness. His every answer from that point on was sure and certain. This was proved even more when he crossed the distance between them and captured her lips in a kiss. Alexis was shocked yet she did not pull back. Instinctively, she closed her eyes and responded to the kiss, her right hand lifted until it rested on his shoulder. Time seemed to stand still with only her heart pounding in her ears and the distant nature sounds outside the tower of the castle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back