Blood Status
Half Blood
Relationship Status
In an Open Relationship
Sexual Orientation
Bisexual
Wand
Knotted 12” Rigid Acacia wand with Unicorn Hair core
Shane had been working at his degree for more than enough time, and when his final project had been handed in and the grades had all been submitted he'd graduated with a first, quite a thing even. His aunt and uncle had been proud his sister and his cousin both proud enough, but the only person who he'd cared to invit to the celebration was Annika. The family would celebrate later some time after, since Shane had arranged a rather massive party with all the graduating students at his flat. A rager, one last one for the party this was supposed to be. Shane had made sure everything was fine, that he had more alcohol than he could need more food than he could need, the place was devoid of most furniture to avoid anything breaking. But that would be in a bit. The formal part of the day had just finished and he found Annika easily. "So, did I look dashing?" he said with a smirk.

Annika hadn't been surprised when Shane had invited her to his graduation- they had been casual friends and lovers for years. Honestly, he was one of the few stabilities in her life. Aside from work and her siblings, of course. She had dressed up for the occasion, wearing a nice but flattering sundress. She smiled as Shane appeared, easily moving in to lean against him. "Don't you always look dashing, Shawn?" She teased him, reaching up to brush a bit of hair back. "I'm surprised you graduated," She told him playfully. Saying she was proud of him felt a bit too serious, even if she was.

Shane gave a little smirk at her teasing and gave a little look of agreement. "It would be impolite of me to say as much though...Can't call myself dashing all the time," he countered. He gave her a little look, sure he partied a lot, but he had never found school that difficult. "I'm just brainy as well as pretty," he told her. "You'll of course be coming to my party later? I've arranged for it to be quite the rager," he had already invited her, partly because he wanted her there and too because she should know about what would be a loud party happening right next to her. "Everyone's going to get very messy," he told her, an hint of excitement in his tone at this prospect.

Annika chuckled, lacing her arm through his. "Well, aren't you impressive," She teased him. She gave him a pout as he asked about the party. "Of course I'm going to be there," She flipped her hair back behind her shoulder. "As your friend, I want to be there to both support and celebrate your decision. And if all that booze ends up with some drunk playing around I can't protest," She teased, knocking her hip into his.

Shane smiled at her, and was glad she would be there. He knew it was going to be a messy night, and he was always thankful for her company when everything else was overwhelming, a familiar face within a crowd. He knew the other students, but he didn't care for any of them. "Great," he told her with a little smile. "The people will be muggles so we've got to pay attention to what magic we do around them, but we don't need magic to have fun" He said. He then began moving with her on his arm in the crowd. "Shall I introduce you to some of the people before and I can tell you if they're worth it,"

Annika considered what he said. "Or we just get them so drunk they won't know the difference," She joked lightly, starting to follow him around. She shrugged at his question. "You can, if you'd like, but I'm not in an overly playful mood this week. I might play with you a time or two if you're free but I don't feel like entertaining strangers just now," She knocked her hip lightly into his. "Maybe if I see familiar faces. I'm not in the mood to instruct anyone," She gave him a playful grin before looking around. "In a tiny effort to be serious, have you thought of whats next for you?" She asked.

Shane laughed lightly, "Well you certainly agreed to come to the wrong event now didn't you," Shane replied, given that so much of this thing would be him talking politely with people and introducing them to Annika. "Not really, but I don't have to make any decisions just yet," he told her. Since his aunt and uncle were still happily giving him a generous allowance. He knew he couldn't live off them forever, he glanced about the room, watching others interact with parents, guardians, grandparents and felt for a moment a pang of jealousy. He'd spent more time now without his parents than ever with, and they hadn't been great when they had been alive...but still. "You ever get jealous of other people and their families?"

Annika chuckled. "You know full well what I meant." She rolled her eyes. She took a second to fix her hair, and was about to say something, when Shane spoke. She hesitated, looking around before looking back up at him. "I..." She hadn't realized they would be serious today. She drifted a little closer. She kept one hand lightly on his elbow, the other hand drifting down to lace her fingers through his. "Yes... I do," she replied gently. "The love and support... it looks nice, doesn't it?" She asked, leaning her head on his shoulder lightly.

Shane glanced at her with a little laugh and then glanced back at the other people. He knew her family hadn't been like his, that she hadn't had an aunt and uncle to take her in. So her answer wasn't too surprising but for him it wasn't the same. He gave a little shrug, "My parents were a mess," he said to her with a little sigh, "Let's get a drink, this stuffy event isn't for people like us," he knew he'd spend a lot of the next night drinking and partying but this was the time to get started on it.

Annika laughed lightly at his suggestion. "Lead the way, gorgeous," she cooed, motioning for him to go forward. She wasn't in the mood to get wasted, but it would be nice to relax and have fun for a while. "When does the party start?" She asked, wondering if she would have time to get her things altogether before then. She could probably change her outfit for it.

Shane held out his arm to her and began leading her to where he knew there would be drinks. As soon as they were close enough the bar to order, he got her usual and his usual and then handed it to her. "Not for a long while, like 6 but most people won't show up till seven, you know how it is," he was quite looking forward to letting lose and having a party. "You wouldn't happening to be looking for any additional help, in your business?" he didn't know what he was going to do next, had no plans but would eventually need money.

Annika nodded, that gave her plenty of time to pamper herself and prepare for the event. She looked to him in surprise though at his next question. "You just spent forever getting a fancy degree and now you're wanting to be a wedding planner?" She asked, her brow raised. "Or is this to tide you over?"

Shane shrugged a little. "I can't exactly party my whole life," he told her, but mostly, he was just having to begin to look for work and he'd take any shifts he could until he did figure out his next step. "But, mostly, just to tide me over, I'll start applying for degree appropriate jobs, but it just might take a while...," he told her. He had nothing lined up, because Shane was never much of a forward planner. "You don't have to say anything now, think about, and you know where I live...so..you can just come let me know,"

Annika smiled. That was an oddly adult thing of him to say. "Well, Shawn, why don't we discuss it after this rager?" She teased him gently. "When we're sober and level headed we can pull out my books and have an honest chat about it," She brushed her hair behind her shoulder. "Do you want to keep hanging out here or should we head back to your place?"

Shane gave a little smirk and nodded. "Let's go, I've done everything I need to," he downed the rest of his drink and then place it down on the nearest surface. He held out his arm to her, "In any case, I'm about ready to start the pre-party and just be half way to being wrecked already," He wasn't sure Annika would join him for that, but he didn't care he would be happy to be on his own getting the place ready and pre-drinking.

Annika smiled, lacing her arm through his as he offered it out to her. "Sounds like a good time," she teased, smirking gently. "Lead the way, Shawn," She winked playfully, tossing her hair back and stepping closer. She could use a bit more one on one time before they had crowds to deal with again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back