Blood Status
Half Blood
Relationship Status
Single
Sexual Orientation
Heterosexual
Wand
Knotted 13 1/2" Alder Wand with Phoenix Tail Feather Core
Arielle hadn't been surprised to have been sorted in the same house as Aveline, though she didn't know how Amelie had taken it. In the end, houses didn't matter that much and the triplets could still hang out. She was excited to be starting at a new school, even though she was still on the way to being fluent in English. She could speak quite a bit of it, but she had her French accent when she did. Arielle wanted to explore, she'd be doing so by herself for the first time. Despite this the young Gryffindor had no problem with it.

She was walking along the lake, as she hadn't yet been out here since coming to Hogwarts with her sisters. It was really pretty, she was enjoying being outside today before classes would begin in a few days. She wanted to get to know most areas of the castle before then, because she knew it was going to get busy afterwards. Arielle stopped walking when she spotted something that had caught her attention. She went closer to the object and noticed that it belonged to someone. Arielle smiled, she didn't know who the boy was, but the Quidditch object really fascinated her. Not having much experience with the sport herself, Arielle asked, "Is that what I think it is?" hoping she didn't make a mistake approaching the boy. Not knowing much about Quidditch didn't stop Arielle wanting to learn more about it when she had the chance.

Coleman Baros was simply in love with the fact that he was away from his overbearing sister, Cayleigh. Coleman did like the school so far. It was easy to hide from the people he did not want to be around. That was why the Ravenclaw found himself at the lakefront, with a little ball in his pocket just itching to get out. Coleman wanted to be able to get some fresh air before he would not have time to. The American lad found a place to sit near the water, but not close enough to get wet. He reached into his pocket, and pulled out a small golden ball. It was the snitch. One of many. This one, though, was special to Coleman. It was a gift from his father, and Coleman caught it once (via a child's broom and the repel charm cast so he wouldn't get hurt in the yard).

Coleman let the snitch fly in front of him, hovering and going around him. Coleman smiled as he held his hand below it, almost guiding it. But, the Ravenclaw was not expecting to be interrupted so quickly. He jumped and flinched, before seeing a girl in another house. Just relieved it wasn't his sister, the Ravenclaw smiled, swallowed the lump in his throat and nodded. "Um, yeah. It is the snitch. My dad gave it to me as a companion." That did sound awful strange. It was also because Coleman did not really have any pets since he kept sneezing at everything with fur, and toads didn't really like him.

Arielle had been watching the snitch for some time when finally, the boy in her year replied to her question, noticing her presence. Truth be told Arielle didn't think she could be that scary, so was quite surprised when the Ravenclaw flinched. Maybe he just wasn't used to people approaching him, and it only made the Gryffindor more curious. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to scare you," she apologised, a little embarrassed. She grinned, however, when the boy named the snitch his companion - an odd word it was. "I see," she said, tilting her head to the side. "Does your dad play?" Arielle asked next, really hoping she wasn't coming across as too nosy or worse, annoying.

Coleman hated that he could be so jumpy at times, but it could not be helped. He had his mind in other places. Coleman smiled toward the girl, as the snitch remained hovering in the air. “It is okay. I get so focused on things, I forget my surroundings is all.” Coleman grabbed the snitch from the air, and held it gently in his hands. He thought about trying out for seeker one day. He felt that it would be nice. His father was a chaser, or was it beater? He could not remember. “He used to. He coached the Stormers in Canada for years before he retired. My family is a little big on Quidditch. Well, my dad and my siblings.” Coleman realized that he was rambling, and looked away for a moment to compose. “I’m Coleman Baros, by the way.” The Ravenclaw, shy for a moment, at least introduced himself to the Gryffindor.

Arielle almost jumped up and down - almost - when the boy told her that when he was so concentrated with something he could forget his surroundings. "I'm like that too," she admitted, her eyes showing a little excitement at the prospect of sharing this in common with one of her classmates. It was easier making friends that way, in her experience, anyway. "I do not know professional Quidditch teams. I don't know that much about Quidditch outside of school since I was not raised knowing about it. Well I mean, kind of. My parents have never showed much interest in it as far as I know," she told Coleman, realising maybe she was saying too much at once and she was hopeful that she was not freaking him out. "Arielle Marchand," she introduced herself to Coleman, her French accent unmistakeable and ever present whenever she said her name.​

Coleman smiled a little bit when she seemed rather excited similar to him. It was really cute, but he would never admit that. “That is pretty cool. I didn’t think there were many like me.” Coleman was grateful that he had something in common with someone else. The Ravenclaw boy’s smile fell a little bit when she spoke about how much she didn’t know about Quidditch outside of the school. Her parents did not show much interest, so he could understand that. Not everyone enjoyed such a sport. “It is all right. But, nice to meet you, Arielle.” Her accent was unmistakingly French. Coleman was American. He had some knowledge of accents, so he guessed that one. “So, what do you like most about this school? I like it because I’m in a different house than my twin sister.”

Arielle smiled as Coleman told her that he didn't think there were many people like him. "Well, you'd be surprised," she shrugged, not meaning it in any mean way. If the boy wasn't used to reaching out, she guessed, then it was hard to find others like him, but she was talking to him, wasn't she? Arielle loved to consider herself as a very sociable person. Arielle didn't expect the boy to say it was all right that she didn't know too much about Quidditch, or that his smile fell but she could always learn more about it! "I enjoy reading about it whenever I can, though!" she added, just in case. "It's nice to meet you too," she responded genuinely. She laughed at his revelation of liking the fact that he was in a different house to his sister. "You have a twin? Me too!" she admitted. "Actually, I'm a triplet," she chuckled. "Hmm. I like Hogwarts because I'm curious to learn how to cast magic. Plus making friends and discovering what other exciting things there are to do here, too."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back