Half Blood
Relationship Status
Interested in Somebody
Sexual Orientation
Straight
Wand
Curly 12 inch sturdy Alder wand with Phoenix Tail Feather core
Continued from here Finding a way through fear

Lily walked to the gardens with the boy. She didn't really catch his name. She would ask once they settled down on the grass. But for now she just wanted the boy to get some fresh air. She pointed toward a tree and said " We could sit there if you'd like... " She smiled at the boy trying to show that she cared. She walked to the tree and made sure the soft grass underneath was dry. She sat down taking a long breath. She looked around and grabbed a long grass and put it in her mouth.

It was as if there was a switch in the back of Terrell's head, he had turned away from the water was walking back up to the castle and felt fine. He could hear properly and his hands didn't feel clammy anymore. He was totally fine. The Ravenclaw was being really nice to him and he felt a mixture of shame and embarrassment to have put her in this situation. "Yeah here is good." Terrell said, sitting on the grass next to her, he mumbled, "Sorry if I scared you, I'm feeling okay now." He owed her an explanation, "I have this thing about water, I hate it." He didn't have the words to elaborate, he couldn't explain what the problem was.

Lily smiled at the boy, happy to hear that he was feeling better. " No, it's okay,I'm glad you're feeling better." Lily replied wit a soft smile. Hopefully now they could become friends. Lily shrugged as he he told her about the thing the had for water. That explained everything.In the back of her head she wondered why he went to the lake. But he was a Gryffindor and most probably wouldn't share his fears easily. " Oh, I understand. Will you tell me what happened? " She asked in a comforting way. If she could help him, she would definitely because water is Amazing, It's one of the best things ever.

Terrell hesitated, he didn't really know what to say. He turned his head to look at the girl, he didn't even know her name yet, or if she had told him, he had forgotten. "I had a really bad experience." He explained vaguely, "A few years ago now, I can hardly remember it!" He paused, "Sorry I can't remember your name, I'm Terrell!"

Lily smiled at the boy showing empathy. " It's okay. Maybe you could try touching the water.. I means since you can hardly remember the incident? " Lily suggested. She would be very happy if he would. Lily smiled as the boy finally introduced himself. " Well, nice to meet you Terrell. I'm Lily. " She replied. Maybe she could convince him to go back to the lake... without being so awkward.

Terrell swallowed hard, he mustered up the courage to consider touching the lake, "Do you think I can? I went down there to try get over this phobia, but there is so much water down there! I couldn't think of touching it." He pointed in the direction of the lake, "It's more like an ocean than a lake! What if I fell in and drowned?" He asked rhetorically, that was the root fear, the fear of drowning and it was hard to get over. "Do you have any fears, Lily?" Terrell asked.

Lily sat emotionless waiting for the boy to reply. When he did she smiled. " Of course you can! You don't have to go in. Just touch it." Lily said convincingly. " Don't worry about drowning silly. I'll go with you. Oh one more thing about the lake... The are merpeople. But don't worry. I'm sure they are friendly." Lily said with a dull smile. She hoped he would still go.She looked down when he asked if she had any fears. " Well yes. I have a very big fear of clowns" Lily replied." Just saying the word makes me shiver!" Lily said with a frown.

"What is a merpeople?" He asked, he wasn't familiar with magical animals. Terrell smiled sympathetically when Lily told him that she had a fear of clowns. He took strange comfort in knowing he was not the only one here with a fear. "I won't take you to the circus then." He jested, then nodded, feeling braver than he had ten minutes ago. "Okay, if you come with me, I'll go back down to the lake." He decided, still unsure if he would have it in him to go near enough to touch the water, but he hoped having someone with him would make it easier to face than it had been alone.

" Well, I'm sure you've heard of a mermaid? It's a fish like human. They live in water. " Lily said and smiled. His next words made her frown. He didn't make jokes about his fear... So why did he make jokes about hers? Anyway... She just smiled at his joke in the end. " Of course I'll be with you every step of the way! " Lily assured him.

Terrell shouldn't have said that, he regretted it the moment he saw Lily's facial features change to a frown. "I'm sorry, that was a dumb thing to say!" He replied, "Not cool! I am sorry. I've never been any good at saying the right thing at the right time." He looked down at his feet then back at Lily. She had not called him a jerk and stormed off so that was something. "I think I'm ready to go back down there. No time like the present I suppose?" The words were confident, but his tone did not share the same gusto because he was bricking it!

Lily looked down and played with the grass for a while when she heard Terrell apologizing about the nasty joke. " It's okay. " Lily assured him. She looked down forward the lake and smiled at his next words." Well then. Let's go face your fear! " Lily said bravely. She stood up and started waking towards the lake.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back