Muggleborn
Relationship Status
Married
Sexual Orientation
Heterosexual
Wand
Alder Wand 13 3/4" Essence of Dragon Heartstring
OOCOut of Character:
I've just watched Braveheart, and was feeling in a particularly patriotic mood. I would suggest listening to the Braveheart soundtrack. Also, there are no pictures of Shia Labeouf in a William Wallace esque get up, so just look to Braveheart.

It was Halloween once more, and for the students of one school, there was a particularly excited feeling hanging in the air. Whether it was just due tot the fact it was halloween, or to the fact that during the night, people could shift who they were and take on a new person. It was a great and fun thing to do, and once a year it hurt no one. It was why, so much effort were put in by some, and why others strived to just have fun. Halloween was the one time of year that most exited the quiet dorms for a little night of fun. And for Elijah Tine, the hufflepuff prefect, it was no different for him. He had been planning his costume for halloween long before it was even close to the date. It had changed several times in that time. But he had decided finally on a costume about a month before the actual date itself. Now, on the 31st of October, Elijah was finally getting ready for halloween. On Halloween, Elijah let all his other thoughts slide away from him. He didn't bother to do any work apart from the work within the actual class he'd had. He let his thoughts on his future, and his family to one side. He would let his mind rest for the brief moment while he enjoyed his time in the Great Hall, being someone completely different. It was a peaceful time of year for the boy despite what other people generally thought of the holiday. Elijah was not a fan of the slightly scarier costumes, but he could put up with them, since he more or less had to, if he wanted to fully enjoy the holiday he waited for each year. This year, for his fifth year, Elijah had chosen to be something he was sure had never been done before. It was slightly odd, he had to admit, and he didn't think anyone else had ever thought about going like he was. Which meant for originality he would be on top. That much he was pretty certain of. If it was the best costume or anything like that he didn't care. He was just fairly proud of what he managed to achieve. Because for this Halloween the Hufflepuff had decided he would go as William Wallace. The Scottish freedom fighter , during the scottish wars of independence in the 12th century. He'd bought a kilt, and was wearing the completely traditional scottish outfit. With even a fake dagger in the socks, and a fake sword attached on to his back. He had even taken a scottish flag and drapped it around the sword holder, which held his sword. He had not painted his face, he didn't feel the need. It took a rather long while to get ready, but once he was, Elijah headed straight down to the great hall.

There was one thing that the hufflepuff prefect hoped would not happen, and that was for anyone to check to see if Elijah was being a true scotsmen. He wasn't, but having people check would not be a good experience. And obviously it was only scottish people who really understand the phrase a true scot. Elijah had never been to Scotland, but since the first Hogwarts was there, he felt the need to in a way show that he wasn't completely ignorant to the back ground of the founding country. Not to mention he thought the way the scots had fought to be pretty great. Elijah was aware that in the end, William Wallace was defeated and killed it didn't matter because he had still fought for the girl he loved, and the country he adored. That was something that he could look up to. If only he knew how to actually fight,. Though in the modern day fighting was not a good thing. Entering the Great Hall, Elijah felt himself feeling oddly full of pride. It was an odd feeling, and something he dind't feel too often. That much pride for himself anyway. His strong smile, and the way his eyes were looking around for someone he knew. In the end when Elijah could spot no one he knew, he just made his way over to the drinks table and picked one up from there. There was one girl that he was waiting to see, but, he was happy to make other friends while he waited. Which was why he kept glancing around trying desparately to spot them. In the end it really matter little. Because he still felt truly Awesome in his costume. He also half felt like running around yelling Freedom at the top of his lungs, but he decided to not considering that he was a fifth year and a prefect. Smiling, Elijah was glad that it was Halloween. The best day of the year.​
<i>
</i>

Elouise walked into the Great Hall feeling a bit awkard about the whole thing. The young girl did not know many people and those she did, well she wasn't the type who wanted to be a bother if they were busy. She had been preparing for the feast for the past few days getting her costume down to the last arrow. She labeled herself as a warrior but a few of the other Gryffindor girls said it would make much more sense if she said she was a Beautiful Warrior instead. Elouise knew they were just complemented her on her looks in her outfit but she still had felt completely strange about the whole thing. Being beautiful meant having confidence and this young teen did not believe she had any. It was her fifth year and first year to bother with the Halloween feast, usually she would spend the night outside if it was warm gazing at the stars or in her dorm reading and studying for tests. Though by now after having the same dormmates for the past three years they were getting tired of her not going out and doing fun things and forced her to agree to attend this evening. If she did not enjoy herself enough then during the next big Halloween feast in the year following she could skip out on. However nothing was said about the Yule Ball and Elouise was fearing for lungs, eversince she saw the other looking at wonderful gowns that also meant a corset would be envolved.

Once entering the hall she managed to slip the grasps of her roommates and moved on towards the drinks, her mouth was drying up as her nerves kicked in. Once at the table she bumped into a boy dresses as a Scotsman, and when she looked up she realized it was Elijah Tine someone she actually knew. "Oh I'm sorry, Elijah," she said quickly not wanting him to give out a warning to her for bumping into him. She already knew he passed her off once for an offense to the rules and wasn't sure if he'd be able to do such a thing again without being caught himself. Since then she kept her pranks to a minimum. Glancing over his costume she felt herself smile her mind already working out a prank before she could stop it. "Are you Scottish? I can't really see it," she said to him before she could stop herself, the teen had a feeling that he was Austrialian like herself. Being that both her parents were Austrialian she knew her father's side stemed from Scotland but never borthered finding out much more. Though the kilt gave away some of where Elijah's costume came from, although she wasn't sure if he had just borrowed a skirt from some girl for his costume.

It would be a lie to claim that on his mind was not just one girl that he desired so deeply to see. After all, going to the Halloween feast was something that he had wanted them to do together, but he had never quite gathered the courage to ask her. Obviously since he was sure they were still friends. And until he was certain that they were nothing more, he would do nothing. Elijah was the kind of guy who was afraid of being completely shot down by a girl. Sure, he had a few girls that were friends, and his confidence was growing, but he didn't want to be taken down by a girl, just after asking them out. He knew that it would work out that she would say no, and then it would be awkward, and the friendship would be over. Elijah would much rather be friends with the girl he liked than to lose her forever because she didn't feel as strongly about him. Elijah's fear of being abandoned. Which he knew was silly, considering in his plan, he would eventually abandon everything and everyone, to persue his dream to be a musician. Because Elijah knew that as much as being a prefect meant the world to him, he also knew that his music meant more, and would be their for longer. And if Elijah was honest, he didn't care much for titles. However, he hadn't quite worked out how to approach his parents about his plans, in fact he was pretty sure, all he should do, was come to school for the start, give it a week or so, then just take what he needed and go. Dropout and never look back. Break all connections with his parents and start afresh in New Zealand, saving up money to get his music to the states. Where he hoped he would be picked up. And if not, then he knew he could still continue his music, but he'd just be a lot poorer. Not that it really bothered him. As long as he was making music, then it was all that mattered. And that was the biggest fact. As long as he was making music, he didn't care where he was, or how big his music was.

However, as someone walked into him, he looked round hoping it was the girl who was on his mind. As it turned out, it was someone he knew, but not the girl on his mind. "It's alright, Elouise, No harm done" He smiled at her warmly. The dark green eyes shining in the dimly lit hall. "It's difficult to see here. But, it doesn't matter, this place is still Awesome" He added, looking around the hall, smiling and then meeting the gryffindor's eyes again. He thought something had changed in the way she looked at him, as if she wondered if he would give her into trouble for the slightest thing. "No, I've come as an Englishman. Can't you tell. Don't I look amazing in a Kilt? You do look amazing. " He complimented her, smiling brightly. "It's my dad, he has scottish roots. Or Something, he sent it to me. Since my cousins getting married to a scottish girl, so I have to try a Kilt for the occasion. And I thought I'd use it for Halloween too."
<i>
</i>

Elouise smiled back to the guy standing before her as he let her off for bumping into him. Though she wasn't much of a party animal she found herself enjoying being surrounding by everyone who was enjoying the party. A blush appeared on her face as he complimented her, she knew it didn't mean much to either of them but it still suprised her that he thought she looked good. The young teen didn't know many people, boys or girls, however she was glad she knew Elijah, afterall he was one of the nicer Prefects. "You do look great," she said in reply to him.

Looking around she listened to Elijah explain his costume finding it interesting why he picked such a costume. "Oh, my father has a line that goes back to there as well," she said with a light smile. She didn't know much about her heritage but she wasn't ever interesting in learning either. Even now it wasn't something she was very much interested in. Glancing at the different costumes again Elouise thought she saw some tree branches poking out through the crowd and shook her head at the crazy ideas people had.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back