Blood Status
Muggleborn
Relationship Status
Single (Not Looking)
Sexual Orientation
Homosexual
Wand
Curved 11 1/2 Inch Swishy Dogwood Wand with Vampire Blood Core
Kishen Tiwari was wearing a robe over his spandex ballet unitard. He was very nervous about people seeing him, so he made sure to cover up to look decent, until he arrived at his destination. He had recently had an encounter with another Slytherin that was awkward but also eye opening. It opened his eyes to how he had not danced since his father pulled him out of his dancing academy. At his academy he had learned a bit of everything. Contemporary. African. Latin. But his favorite was ballet. It was much like Kishen, calming. However, his nervousness always got him in trouble. Confidence was his issue. Kishen had the skill to make a living out of dancing, but he did not have the confidence that captivated the audience. However, he had been told that was something that took years to develop, just like his magic. Kishen walked over to the Conglomerated Arts room to try and find a place to do some practice. He had many books on technique, but it was all nothing if he did not try and practice. The boy found a room, leaving the door open because it was hot. He stood in front of the mirror as he took off his robe and threw them to the side of the room. He began to stretch, as that was the most important part before one began to dance.

Between studying and quidditch and prefect duties, there was only one thing October was dedicating her energy to this year, and it was dancing. After weighing her priorities last year and making some decisions for herself, it had come to October that what she really wanted to do with her life was dance. The talent show had cemented that as a certainty in her mind. And with no proper teachers in Hogwarts, all October could do was rely on strong tuition in the holidays, and practice as much as possible in her free time. So she had taken to regular practices in the arts room, trying to keep her technique strong and build on her ability in her own time. Opening the door to the room one day, pointe shoes in one hand and a leotard under her uniform, October was surprised to see a young boy already in the room, clearly getting ready to dance himself. "Oh... sorry to interrupt." She said with a small smile. "Do you mind if I join you?" October hoped the boy would be fine with her staying to dance too, as she didn't really want to give up a practice time.

Kishen was surprised when he heard someone else walk into the room. He looked at the older girl and got nervous. His nervous always kicked in when he was around people. He did not say anything when she apologized, he just looked at the ground. She then asked if she could join him and he simply shook his head. He thought about leaving, but that was not what he wanted to do. He had not danced in awhile, so he was not going to leave. It was not like the girl was making him leave either. He needed to practice because everyday that he didn't practice was a day that he got worse at dancing.

October was relieved that the boy didn't mind her presence, glad for the practice. She sat down in a chair to remove the uniform over her leotard and tie on her pointe shoes. "What kind of dance do you do?" She asked while she changed, curious about the boy's practice. There were so few dancers at Hogwarts that October felt isolated from her passion, and it would be nice to have someone to talk to about dancing.

Kishen stood still as he continued to twiddle with his thumbs. He did not have an easy time making friends. He was a relatively quiet person to begin with. The girl asked him what type of dance he did and he gulped. "B-ballet." he said softly as he looked at the ground. He decided that he needed to stop being such a loser and start practicing. To start off, the boy did three cartwheels to try and get rid of his nervousness. He also had done gymnastics as well, which is something else he was very proud of.

October hadn't known what kind of dance to expect the boy to do, but ballet came as a welcome surprise. "Oh!" October said cheerfully, lifting one foot half tied into her pointe shoe. "I do ballet too. We could practice together if you like." October smiled kindly, stretching forward once her shoes were on, hands reaching easily beyond her toes as she began getting ready to dance. "How long have you been dancing?" October added, curious about the boy's past. It was clear from the cartwheels that he had some experience.

Kishen was surprised when the girl said that she did ballet as well. It was not often that he met someone with similar interests as him. He stood close to the girl with his arms folded over his chest. "I don't know what level you are on, so I don't know." he told her honestly. Kishen was not very competitive, but he did not want to hold the girl back of she was better than him and vice versa. "I have been dancing since I was four. I had to stop when I came here though.." he trailed off quite abruptly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back