Blood Status
Muggleborn
Relationship Status
Married
Sexual Orientation
Flavio) (Pansexual
Wand
Knotted 12 Inch Swishy Ivy Wand with Phoenix Tail Feather Core
Kauri had thought exams had been a huge amount of work last year, but this year he was feeling the pressure even more. The amount of coursework just seemed to increase and increase, and with exams on the horizon he felt like if he didn't spend every minute he had before the exams revising he didn't know if he would be able to remember it all. Kauri wasn't used to exams, his muggle primary school had never had them, but they seemed such a serious facet of life here.

All study time had its limits though, and after hours spent poring over books in the library, Kauri felt like his brain was going to melt. Packing up his things for the day, he decided to take the notes back to his dorm and take... just an hour or so off. Surely it wouldn't hurt to go down to the lakeside for a bit and relax, even if the weather wasn't really the best for it anymore. The fresh air would do him good. Humming to himself to try and put a bit of pep in his step, Kauri left the library and headed out down the corridor towards the stairs.

While Tristan knew most of his classmates despised the exam period at the end of each semester, he didn't mind as much. It was a lot of work, sure, but it also was a chance to prove himself. It was a way to confirm he had worked hard all semester, and to see the results in his good grades. It made him determined to do well once again, much like he had the previous semesters, so he spent most of his time in the library revising for the exams.

After a few hours, he yawned and stretched, feeling like he was done for the day. He looked around, feeling a little bit like he just woke up from a nap. Focusing on studying wasn't difficult for Tristan, but it made him a bit groggy if he focused for too long. He yawned, and noticed another boy seemed to be done for the day. He recognized him as Kauri, a boy in the brotherhood with him. Tristan didn't know him very well, but he always seemed cheerful and nice, getting along with most other people. It seemed effortless to him, which always baffled him. Tristan got along with most others too, but he had to work hard for it. Study other people and say exactly what he thought they wanted to hear.

He suddenly noticed that Kauri had left a book behind on his way out of the library. He didn't seem like the type to leave library books lying around instead of returning them to their proper place, and a glance confirmed it was one of the textbooks they needed for Charms in the second year. He picked it up, gathering his own things too before heading out of the library to follow the younger Gryfindor. He had walked ahead int he corridor, and Tristan had to hurry a bit to catch up. "Kauri, wait up!" He called once he was nearby, a smile on his face as he held the book in the air.

Even having left the stuffy air of the library Kauri's mind was still swirling, running through lists of potion ingredients and their properties in his head. He was too distracted to realise someone was hurrying after him until he heard his own name, pausing and turning over in surprise. It was an older boy he recognised from Brotherhood, and he was holding... one of Kauri's Charms books. Whoops. Kauri laughed awkwardly, holding out a hand for his forgotten book. "Oh man, thanks mate!" He said appreciatively. "Dunno how I managed to forget that." He smiled. "You're Tristan, right? I think we've talked a bit at Brotherhood things."

Tristan was glad he hadn't forgotten the boy's name, and that he had managed to get his attention with minimal effort. He walked up to him and gave him a smile. "Maybe you had something more interesting on your mind than Charms?" He asked him, not handing the book back yet. "Yes, I'm Tristan, and you're Kauri. I remembered because its such a nice name." As he talked to the boy, he looked at him and realized he wasn't bad looking. Tristan had been wondering what it would be like to flirt with a boy that wasn't Vivian, but he wasn't sure if Kauri would be a good candidate. For one, it was hard to determine whether another boy would be interested or not, and he even wasn't sure if Kauri was even interested in dating yet. He cleared his throat. "It suits you too. The name, I mean." He glanced around, thinking of what to say next. "So where are you heading with this book? Maybe I could help you carry it, just to make sure you won't forget it again." His tone was light and teasing, and he watched the boy carefully to see how he reacted to it. If he flatly said no, Tristan would at least know he wasn't interested.

Kauri laughed at Tristan's comment, surprised that the older boy would pay so much attention to him. He had always struck Kauri as the type to be too cool for people he didn't think were worth his time. It was a thrilling feeling to be considered so interesting. "Well, it's kinda easy to find things more interesting than exams to think about." He smiled, a little confused as to why the boy hadn't returned his book yet, but he didn't mind continuing the conversation. "Thanks, mate. It's a kind of tree, you probably knew that." As Tristan went on there was something about the way he was talking that drew Kauri to him. He found himself wanting to spend more time with the older boy, and actually felt his cheeks heat up a bit, laughing awkwardly. "Well, I'd never say no to someone doing a good deed." He smiled, feeling a strange little thrill. It was hard to think of things to actually say though, and Kauri realised this conversation made him strangely nervous. What was going on? He walked with Tristan, trying to cover his nerves and continue the conversation normally. "How, uh... how are your studies going?"

Tristan was glad to see Kauri react positively to his words, and it made him wonder more if he would make a chance with him. He wouldn't be a bad date to a dance, and it might even surprise some people to see him appear with a boy. The only problem was Vivian, as he didn't think the other Hufflepuff would appreciate it. He had a feeling he would dislike it even more than his date with Jessica last year. But he didn't want Vivian to hold him back. "That's true." he said to the boy with a smile. "And I didn't know that, actually." It was vaguely interesting to him, but not really. The hint of a blush on the boy's cheeks spurred him on, and he smiled in a way that resembled a smirk. "Is it a good deed if I have an ulterior motive? Nothing sinister, I promise. I'd just like to talk to you." He said, his smile turning sheepish again as he continued walking with him. "So, where are we going? Your common room?" He asked, glancing around. "My studies are going well, thanks. I'm not sure how many of my classes I will keep into next year, honestly. There's a few I'm not entirely happy with, but I think I'll get good marks anyway. How about you? Any ideas for electives yet?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back