forget new years eve. more like labour day

Professor Elvera Le Fey

Seer, Mother of twins, Divination 3-4, inner eye

OOC First Name
Mia
Wand
Oak 14 3/4" with an Essence of Raven Feather core.
new years eve and all elvera had planned for the day was a good book, and maybe a nap. the middle of summer was probably the worst time to be heavily pregnant, the heat sapping away any energy you had left to move your ginormous belly around. and what to think she still had a month left. would she even be able to fit through a door afterwards. the book she was reading was a good one a novel, and it had ben a long time since she had been able to just sit down and read a novel. one ting she thanked maternity leave for. as for today the book as called the opposite of me, an old muggle book she had found in a second hand book shop a few months ago about a pair of twins who are complete opposites both moving home at the age of 29. it was about lunch time and she was just about to get up when she felt the baby start to kick up a fuss and start kicking. "hey, calm down little one, you haven't got much longer to go" she said putting the bookmark in the book and lasting her other hand on the area of her stomach that she had felt the kicking telling it to stop. eventually it did. she had her lunch though she wasn't feeling particularly hungry before going back to her book. the baby kicked a few more times as the afternoon went on until about three o'clock when she the kicks were getting stronger and more frequent that se realised that it wasn't kicking at all. "morgan. do you fancy a trip to hospital? i think it is time" she called trying to get up. she had decided to go and have the baby at the hospital, as she wanted to be somewhere that knew advanced healing just in case anything went wrong. it wasn't that she didn't trust morgan, she was just scared of what the evening had in store for her.
she heard morgan rushing around picking up things before she came into the sitting room and assessed her feeling her tummy and nodding before gave her a hand out of the chair and helped her out of the door and down the path before they both turned on the spot apparating to st mungos. she landed outside the hospital and made her way in still supported under the arm by morgan. she was left by a row of seats that she didn't sit in for fear that she would never get out as her mother went over to reception and had a word to the lady behind the counter.

William Kent riffled through the many papers strewn around the lounge. He was definitely ready for a break, though now that he was actually on one, he couldn't seem to just relax. He had always been a relaxed person, not really held up by small issues, but sometimes, when he was coming down from a long time at work, he found it difficult to relax or even to just to kick back and think about his work. Never-the-less, he was going to try. Gathering up the papers he had been about ready to throw out not two minutes ago, William walked back out of the lounge and down the hall towards the maternity ward where he was going to go back over a couple of his recent patients. One woman had been in there that morning, complaining of unusual back pain. As it had turned out, she was pregnant with triplets and one of them was sitting on her spine. They were going to have to watch out for that one, the baby was dangerously precariously close to being able to accidentally snap the cord and they really didn't want that. William shook his head. He was glad he wasn't a woman. William didn't know how they did it. Superwomen, the lot of them.

Coming into the reception area, William noted a woman chatting to the receptionist. William was going to keep walking until he heard the words labour and Elvera Le Fey. She was a patient of his and he had seen her a couple of times. He walked through to the ward, deposited his papers on a desk and then looked around for Elvera's file. As he thought, she was still a month out. Well, that happened sometimes. It also appeared that she had not wanted to be told the babies gender. Well, then, he would not say a word, unless she asked him too. William walked back out and placed and hand on the woman at the receptions shoulder, nodding at her before continuing down the corridor towards Elvera. He smiled at her and tilted his head. "Afternoon, Miss Le Fey. How are you today?" He asked, cheerful for many different reasons, least of all was the fact that he was able to be doing something instead of relaxing. From what he had seen of Elvera Le Fey, she was a lovely woman. So why wouldn't he be happy to help out where he could. He was a Healer and whilst he didn't care about a persons personality and would help them anyway, it was nice if they could get along. "I understand you might be in labour? Why don't we take you through and I'll take a look, yes?"

Morgan had just shut off the shop for the year and was just making a celebratory cup of tea when she heard elvera shout from the lounge where she had taken residence not being able to climb the ladder to her attic room. She stopped went into the room and saw her there sitting down and she could tell by the look on her face there was something wrong. and she had seen enough people going into labour for the first time to know what to expect, after all she had delivered all her grandchildren so far, and some of her friends children. elvera however looked like she was ready to give birth a month before she was due, just like eden was on her first pregnancy. "come and we will get you to the hospital" she said knowing elvera wanted to give birth in the hospital in case anything went wrong. she helped her out of her seat and out of the door until they were far enough out of the house to apparate. then they torned together on the spot and ended up in the entrance to the hospital she led her eldest daughter to the seats before going to the receptionist to talk to the receptionist. "my daughter is going into labour. her name is elvera Le Fey, can i get a... she said when she saw a young gentleman in healer robes going over to her "thank you" she said heading back over to her daughter just as the man said that they should go through. "thank you healer" she said taking elvera under the arm as moving seemed to worsen her pain an a little "come nimue, it will be over soon I wont let anything happen to you" she said as she led her daughter through the magically opening doors towards the labour ward.

Elvera saw a familiar face head through the doors looking slightly distracted until he saw her there. she had only had one or two checkups of her the space of the pregnancy. she had rather not know anything about it. the only thing she asked was if it was healthy, and the answer was yes. that was all she cared about. she stood there by the chars focusing on her breathing when her healer came over. "Afternoon healer Kent. I am well i hope" she said trying to force a smile as another wave of spasm ran through her. ooph" she said as morgan came over and the healer said that he thought she was in labour and they should head back into the hospital. "I think i am, and good idea" she said. and took her arm supporting her as they headed through to the maternity and where she managed to get a room and more importantly a bed. she sat down reclining glad to be off her feet and not having to worry about balancing. she was happy just there relaxed a little taking a few deep steadying breaths before another wave came through her, they were steadily getting harder and the moving had caused them to intensify. after each spasm she felt the child inside moving as if trying to push back against herself. thankfully as she was now longer on her feet they were a little less painful though "no need to be scared little one" she said looking to her guides the fear evident in her face. "what now? she asked wondering how her evening would span out.

So sorry about this!

William nodded at both Elvera and her mother. He followed them into the ward, making notes as he went. The miracle of birth was exactly that, a miracle and it would mostly work itself out, he was just there to make sure things go smoothly and to help out if the situation called for it. As Elvera reclined and asked what they should do now, William smiled encouragingly at her. "These things usually work themselves out, all we really need do is wait it out." He told her, placing his hands on the edge of her bed and pulling up the board to place all the important information across it. "If you like, I can retrieve some potions to ease any tension and make sure everything is going the way it should?" Some expectant mothers preferred to do these things alone, but William knew that some also preferred every bit of help they could get. He walked up and stood beside Elvera's mother. "I don't really know how long your labour will take, though generally the first is the longest and often looking at one's own mother can yield some knowledge." he said, glancing at the older woman before he turned back to Elvera. Do you mind if I feel your stomach, see if I can make some sort of estimate?" he asked, holding his hand out and over her stomach.

Morgan looked at her daughter. In her eyes there was fear. She was sure she knew that this was the riskiest part of the pregnancy. Though she new elvera would make it through with the strength she had that she knew her daughter often didn't acknowledge. you will be okay! you just have to wait it out. I will be here the whole time if you want me to be she said. Before the healer spoke. She frowned at this nrws feeling a little guilty. unfortunatly if you are following me you are in for a long night! let's hope you are more like eden she said. Waiting for the healer to inspect her tummy? As they waited she Looked at the girl and being reminded so clearly of herself that night when she lost one of her daughters for eighteen long years. "do you want me to get anything from home for you? Then I will have no reason to leave the room again if you don't want me to she said deciding a change if clothes at the least would be good. And she wanted to get the box that had been sitting on her dressing table for e last month.
Once elvera put her request out she nodded. Sure I can get that for you. And I will message your sisters too. I shall be right back. She said leaving the ward and apparateing to her house she quickly stopped in elveras room to get a large shirt, a pair of loose pants for the night and a loose top and skirt for the following day. Then she stopped in her room for the box that she was glad was stil empty indicating no birth yet. Then the kitchen to pick up a large teapot and a box of tea before apparateing to the hospital with the odd assortment of things.
By the time she was back things were still very similar to how they were before, if anything be grunts of pain a little closer together. She took her daughters hand and with her free hand went about making the tea before she handed it to her daughter and took a seat beside her ready for the long night ahead.

As e healer said that all they had to do now was wait it out she wasn't sure if she felt reassured or slightly annoyed that there was nothing to do and no indication on what was to come. And when the healer said that she would likelly labour like her mim she looked at Morgan in the hope that she had had a quick labour. Unfortunatly her suspicions were confermed when the older lady shad that she hoped she would be more like Eden. "no potions, I am going to do this old school she said. Old remedies had kept her family going for generations and she was not going to be the first to break from it. Then the healer offered to check her and see if he could give an estimation on how long it would be. She wasn't sure how looking at her tummy would guess That but she nodded and lifted up her top sure go for it she said watching as her pressed and examined her tummy.
At the offer for an trying from home she Ly took a moment to pick something. tea, raspberry leaf and willow tea she said watching as Morgan left and focusing on breathing and the next few hours. It seemed as she was focusing too much on keeping calm as before she knew it the world has changed to be almost as if behind glass, a typical sign of a vision.
it was dark! and the world let heavy and she felt pain like nothing she had felt before but suddenly things seemed to lift! the pain stopped and he world felt lighter. And there was a sound she had never been so happy to hear a cry and then a chime. The back ground that she didn't notice as a voice she couldn't place say somethg about having to keep going and she did the pain got worse, head splitting and then it stopped again as another cry echoed out
Wit a flash the world exploded back to its normal colour just as Morgan came back into the room. twins?! she said shocked but then realising that it had been sort of clear due to how much bigger than her sisters she had been theough most of the pregnancy[ how long have you known? she added glancing down to what the lady was carrying and seeing it included twos baby blankets. When Morgan grabbed her hand she instantly felt a lot calmer. thank you! for everything she said as Morgan made and gave her a cup of the tea, it was hot and tasted pretty bad but she drank it down. It was meant to healp with labour, this tea would be all she took. She lost track of time as the contractions got closer and closer together, she just tried not to let on how strong they were getting as she spoke to Morgan and the healer from time to time until she realised that she felt wet and sticky between her legs umm mum, healer Kent, I think my water may have broken. Is there anything else I should do now she asked. Looking to the clock, quarter to eight. Maybe this would be the hour she had heard the chimes for. One could hope.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back