Blood Status
Half Blood
Relationship Status
Interested in Somebody
Sexual Orientation
Straight
Wand
Curly 12 inch sturdy Alder wand with Phoenix Tail Feather core
Lily and Hilda entered the room, the invisibility cloak was in a bag with sweets to cover it up. They were having a meeting with Ruben about the Thestral Hunting. Lily sat down on the same couch as before and waited impatiently for Ruben to show up. She hoped it would be okay with him if Hilda could tag along. Lily didn't know if Ruben had met Hilda before, but she was sure they would get along. As they waited for the Right siblings to show up Lily started whispering to Hilda " Are you sure, you are going g to be okay if you get caught? "

@Ruben Right , @Hildegard de Valeriane

"Yeah don't worry and then I'll improvise if I ever get caught" whispered Hilda to her friend when they entered the lodge because they were no longer alone, other students were scattered all over the place .
It seemed that those who stayed at Hogwarts for the holidays liked to hang around there, which would make the mission a little more complex.

Ruben had received an owl from Lily, he guessed she already had the Invisibility Cloak. Lily worked fast, he didn't knew how she obtained results so fast but he guessed that it was a benefit of having a large friend circle.
He entered the lounge and another girl was there with Lily, probably Hilda, he knew that she would want part in it when Lily talked to her so he was kind of accepting the idea already. "Hey girls" he said arriving next to them "You must be Hilda. Heard so many good things bout you" Ruben quickly said turning to the girl and extending her his hand to shake.
"I presume you have the Cloak but Hilda is also coming with us right?" he questioned Lily, he already knew the answer but he just wanted to make sure that it was it.

"Yes it's me and you must be Ruben, nice to meet you" said the girl, shaking his hand.When the boy asked them if they had the cloak, Hilda pointedly showed the bag with a smile.

"I was hoping you would let me come with you but if you refused I would understand completely" she said to Ruben when he asked if the young girl was going to join their little expedition. Hilda was not the type to miss an adventure but she did not want to be a burden for her friends.

Last edited:
Lily smiled as Ruben arrived, feeling a little less anxious. She made space on the couch for him to sit down. " Heyy. " Lily greeted back and listened to his question, although it was quite obvious. " Jup! Exactly.But only if you agree? " Lily asked.
She hoped that he would allow it , not only because Hilda was great fun and a good friend, but also because she offered to be the one getting caught.

Ruben gave Lily a weak smile. It wasn't about Hilda, he might not have expressed himself in the best way so he said "Yeah of course she can come. Only fair that the person who is letting us borrow the cloak to join too" he took a seat beside Lily and kept going "Even though I haven't talked to the professor, as we are on holidays and I don't wanna disturb her, I did found new information that is not so cheerful" he said looking at Lily with a not so excited look.
When he first read book on Thestrals they seemed very mysterious and they were also very bizarre looking and that made them interesting. They were described as peaceful creatures that could be associated bad omens with evil because of their ghostly appearance.
"We have a problem" he finally said, taking a book that he had found in the library on the previous day "Here says, and I quote 'they are visible only to those who have witnessed death at least once'. So unless we all have seen someone dying we won't be able to see anything even if one of them is right in front of us.". He wasn't sure how the girls would react, he wasn't even sure if the setence referred to actually see someone dying or to just see a dead person. And death was also a vangue concept, he had killed mosquitos before, did that make him a witness of death? Did it only referred to human deaths?
He wasn't sure how the girls would take it but he would be surprised if any of them suddenly answered all his questions.

Lily noticed a dull smile on the boy's face and suddenly the excitement in her disappeared. She managed to smile a little when he said Hilda could come with. But his next words made her worried, she let out a sigh of disappointment as he continued to talk. She had no words, she had never seen someone die, unless movies counted. " Do you think movies would count? " She asked with a hopeful voice. Even if it didn't, that didn't mean they couldn't still go explore, maybe just for something else... Like Centuars.

Hilda smiled broadly when Ruben agreed to have her accompany them,then she listened to the information he had gathered, but it was not very positive. "I don't know about you but I never saw someone die and I hope it doesn't happen "she said disappointed that this was the only way to see the Thestrals.

"I think we have to see it for real, unfortunately" replied Hilda to Lily, if it had been so simple she would see the creatures very well, the number of times she had watched horror movies behind her parents' backs.
"So either we find someone who has already seen death or we are going to look for other kinds of creatures" she added trying to find a solution.The girl was not one to give up at the first hurdle and she really hoped that they would manage to solve this problem.

Ruben thought about it for a second, he wasn't sure how finding someone who could see thestrals be a good thing for them since they still wouldn't be able to see them. "Well...I have been to a funeral. It wasn't a close person, still family but we weren't very close. I wonder if that counts" he thought out loud. Clearly books didn't exactly have all the answers they were looking for and he definitely needed to talk to one of the professors once the semester had started.
"Gimme a few days, I'll talk to the professor and send you an owl when I have news" he said putting his book back in the backpack.

Lily listened as her friends made suggestions and Lily agreed with Hilda that they could hunt for a different king of creature. Suddenly she thought of a type of animal they could look for " Centaurs " Lily thought aloud. " How about we go look for Centaurs? I mean there has to be some of them in the woods and I'm sure we can see them. " Lily suggested hoping her friends would have a great reaction. " But I mean, you should still see the Professor. Maybe just ask about both? " Lily said while looking at Ruben.

"Okay, no problem be careful not get in trouble," she said to Ruben when he seemed to be tidying up his things.Hilda then turned to Lily "And then if you want in the meantime we can go and try to observe Centaur discreetly" she proposed to her friend, pointing to the bag which contained the invisibility cloak."And of course, Ruben if you want to come don't hesitate" added the Gryffindor.

"Good idea, maybe if you talk about other creatures, the professor might be less wary ," she said to the boy when Lily offered to ask for more information about the Centaurs.

Ruben got up and put his backpack in his back "Would love to but I still wanna check some things out and talk to more people to gather some more info" he said to the girls "But you go and have fun. Perfect opportunity to test the cloak before going for something more dangerous. Bye bye for now" he quickly said to the girls and heading towards the students louge door. He was checking thing out of his mental list when suddenly he remembered something, he rotated on his feet and headed towards the girls again.
"Just promise me something" he started saying "Be careful. Centaurs are experts on Divination, they might see you coming before you get near them, if that's how Divination works" he said giving them a confused look. Divination wasn't an exact science so he had some trouble trying to understand how it worked when he read a book about it "Also, they are smart creatures. They have a human brain after all" he warned them. Now he could go, all the information had been given and he didn't forgot any bit of it. Or at least he hoped he didn't.

Lily was surprised that Ruben was in such a hurry to leave. She thought he would have liked her idea of looking for Centaurs. " Oh, well okay then. See you around. " Lily said with a dull smile. She looked at Hilda at shrugged " That's odd. I thought he'd like the idea. " She said . When Ruben stopped at the door to share some more info Lily looked at him and nodded her head while listening. She wondered why he couldn't just go with. " Are you sure you don't want to join? " Lily asked , hoping he'd change his mind.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back