Kris
Blood Status
Half Blood
Relationship Status
Seeing Somebody
Sexual Orientation
Lesbian
Open after Daph posts with Natalia

Summer was just around the corner and Salem was relishing getting to spend more time outside. She'd been stretched out on the lawn for a bit, just enjoying the warmth of the sun before breaking out some snacks. After the last Brightstone Weekend she'd bought a selection of lollies, including a handful of fizzing whizzbees she'd been dying to get into, just saving them for a perfect moment.

Popping one of the whizzbees into her mouth, Salem giggled at the tingling feeling on her tongue, and then even more so as she began to feel the floating feeling that came along with it. She sat up a little, pushing herself off the ground with her arms and grinning as she floated a few inches off the ground, flapping her arms slightly to see if she could go higher. Maybe with enough lollies and some effort she could get herself up into the tree branches above her.

While Natalia didn’t mind being in the dungeons, she was getting a bit tired of the Slytherin common room. It usually seemed like the best place to spend time and do homework, but it was honestly a bit depressing after a while. The girl liked spending time outside in nature, missing her garden at home. So she had decided to do her studying for the day out on the lawn, preferably away from other students. But her intention to talk to no one was ruined when she walked past Salem who was floating. Natalia stopped in her tracks, frowning at her. “What are you doing?” She asked the Gryffindor before she could think better of it. Salem was such a weird person, she always seemed to be happy, even when there was no reason to be. Natalia was still a bit annoyed at herself for agreeing to the group costume with her at the Halloween Feast, even though it had made sense at the time.

Salem waved brightly at Natalia, still sucking on the whizzbee and not wanting to choke on it by speaking. The motion caused her to rock though, and as she swallowed the sweet, the momentum flipped her backwards, causing Salem to land in a heap on her back, forcing a laugh out of her. "I'm ahah- Ow, I'm eating Fizzing Whizzbees," she said, holding up the bag by way of explanation. "I think if I eat enough I could get to the top of that tree over there or something," she said, giving the bag an experimental shake to see how many where still in it. "You want one? They're fun and tasty. Well, maybe not tasty tasty, but they do make your tongue tingle," she said, wiggling the bag again, this time towards Natalia.

Natalia winced when Salem landed on her back on the grass, though she didn’t seem very hurt. The Slytherin frowned as she watched her. “Oh.” She said as Salem held up the bag of Fizzing Whizzbees. “I don’t think they’re that powerful… are they?” She asked hesitantly. “Besides, you’d probably get sick from eating too many sweets way before that point.” Natalia hesitated as Salem offered her one. “I’ve never had them.” She admitted. Her parents hadn’t allowed silly sweets with ridiculous side effects like this. “Is one enough to make you float?” She asked cautiously, not taking any yet.

Salem sat up, stopping to pick some grass out of her hair. "Maybe if you ate enough," she said in response to Natalia's doubts, eying how many she had left in the bag. "Or you could give me a boost," she said pensively, giving Natalia a hopeful grin. When she heard Natalia hadn't tried one before, she got to her feet, not hesitating to shake one of the lollies out to put in her hand. "You gotta try! It's fun. One's plenty to hover a lil bit, it's fine," she assured her, shaking out a second for herself and sticking out her tongue to drop it onto, in case Natalia had any doubts. "See?" She said, though it came out a bit garbled with her tongue still out.

Natalia frowned. "They probably made sure you can't float that high. Imagine if a small child ate a whole bunch and flew up to the ceiling, it would be dangerous." She said, thinking it over. "It's just a silly thing for small kids to enjoy." She added though it did look like Salem was having a lot of fun. Natalia wrinkled her nose at her suggestion. "A boost? Like with a levitation charm? They're not that strong." she informed her. She felt a little flustered by the way Salem told her to try one. "I-" She hesitated. It was oddly tempting. She thought about it for a moment. "Fine, just one." She finally said, holding out her hand hesitantly.

Salem glanced up pensively when Natalia mentioned eating too many and floating away, trying to hide her grin at the idea. "Like a balloon," she said with a sage nod. Maybe she should eat a few inside next time and see if there was anything interesting near the ceiling in the Gryffindor common room. Or try them out on the trampoline. But Slytherin didn't have a trampoline so Salem didn't want to mention it. It might make Natalia feel bad. "We're still kids," she offered, shaking the bag again at Natalia. Salem did feel more grown up now than she had in the past, she went to school on her own and did homework and bought her own snacks on Brightstone weekends, but she also still got her allowance for her parents and missed her mum's on the weekends. She wasn't in a hurry to grow up like some of the other girls in their year.

Salem hadn't been thinking of magic, but Natalia's suggestion wasn't a bad idea. "Maybe a banishing charm? Or you could push me," she said with a laugh, nearly choking on the whizzbee in her mouth as she did so. She beamed when Natalia finally took one, nodding encouragingly so she'd eat it. Salem's own mouth was starting to tingle uncomfortably from how many she'd already eaten, but Salem was ignoring it, enjoying the weightless sensation that started to take over as her feet drifted up off the ground while she flicked the lolly around in her mouth, it clacking on her teeth as it fizzed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back