Terrell Foley

Happy Farmer | Foodie

OOC First Name
Verity
Blood Status
Half Blood
Relationship Status
Too Young to Care
Terrell was endlessly entertained by life. He didn't see how it was possible not to be - there was so much to see and experience and so much fun to be had. Back home, he was often climbing trees, pestering the animals, and finding himself adventures. As courageous as he appeared most of the time, there was something that Terrell was afraid of. Afraid wasn't even a good word, because the fear was sometimes immobilising for the otherwise brave young Gryffindor.

Water. Nothing made Terrell as uncomfortable and panicky as large bodies of water did. It didn't even have to be that deep, anything larger than a puddle then he would not go anywhere near it.

When he was little, most of his adventures had worked out just fine and were fun. He had conquered the world, or at least the fields that made up his home farm. Except the day at the river where he had been playing alone. He should have been more careful. He shouldn't have even been down there without supervision. But he was, and he had fallen in. Terrell had seen his short life flash before his eyes as water filled his lungs. He couldn't remember what had saved him from drowning, if the river had been shallow enough for him to touch the bottom, or if he'd managed to grab onto driftwood, he could not recall. He’d been no older than six when it had happened and the memory of the event had long been repressed into his unconscious memory, only the feeling of cold terror remained.

He refused to go near water to this day.

Except now he was a wizard at Hogwarts and he’d been sorted into Gryffindor. There was a huge lake that made Terrell feel very uncomfortable, but it was going to become a problem if he couldn’t go near it for the next seven years, people wouldn't understand his reasons and would laugh at him for it. He would miss out on some epic adventures because they happened at the lake. He needed to face his fears and he needed to do it quickly. Stood at a safe distance from the lake, his heart beat accelerated and his hands were clammy as he watched the water. His whole body froze as he thought only of death. He gulped, nope - it wasn’t worth it. He could avoid the lake for seven years, he turned around ready to head back.

Lily wandered around the castle and decided to go to the Lakefrot. Previously she and another girl got splashed by a gigantic eel. It was not fun at all. But hopefully thus time she could sit in peace. Lily walked around and spotted a boy. She walked toward him trying to identify how old he might be. She guessed that he was around her age so she decided to walk closer. She stood next to him , looking over and then she said " Heyy. I'm Lily. Do you mind if I join you. I just love the lake. " Lily looked at him and smiled.

Terrell was lost in his bubble that he almost didn't hear the girl speak, even though it wasn't like she was being quiet. To him her voice sounded distant and muffled, for want of a better analogy – as if he was listening underwater. He glanced at her, white faced. Of course. That was just his luck, wasn't it? A chance to make a new friend to explore a space with and he was in the one place he wanted to avoid.

"Uh, what? Yeah." He replied, his voice dry and higher than it normally was, her smile calmed him a little, telling him she was not a threat. "I don't much care for water, really." He played it off - no need to let this girl know he was terrified of it. 'Do not show weakness and no one will know you are afraid,' that was an unhelpful quote from his father when he had tried, and failed, to face his fear of water before.

Lily looked at the boy . She noticed he looked as though he were in a different world. She looked around wondering if she should repeat herself. But she waited a while when she heard the boy speak. She turned to face him and immediately she shot a worried look at him as he was terribly white in the face. She couldn't tell what happened . As he spoke she calmed down a bit as his face did too. But as he spoke that he didn't really car for water she could make out that he was somewhat afraid. Lily didn't want to ask since he was a Gryffindor and most probably never share his fears with a stranger. " Are you sure you are okay?You look a little bleak. Nice to meet you by the way. " Lily smiled with a worried smile.

Terrell's throat was dry and his hands were clammy. He didn't want to be at the lake anymore but he was frozen on the spot. The girl looked worried for him and he wanted more than anything to tell her that he was fine but he couldn't, and it wasn't true. "Yeah you too." He hadn't been listening to what she said, "I think I need to go back to the castle."

Lily looked at him. Now she could tell he was frightened badly. Maybe something in the water. Or just the water itself. Lily looked concerned and offers help " Do you want to go to the hospital wing? " Lily asked placing her hand on his shoulder.
Lily removed her hand quickly as he spoke " Okay. Sure I guess. Do you want me to walk with? Maybe? Or maybe we could go to the garden and just relax. Away from here? " Lily was shocked at his reaction. All she wanted to do was make a new friend.

Terrell shook his head, he didn't need to go to the hospital wing. The gardens wasn't a bad idea, it was away from water but he still had fresh air. He looked at the Ravenclaw, grateful that she was being nice to him, she must be shocked to find him like this. "Yeah, the gardens are nice. Let's do that."

Lily was happy when the boy agreed to go to the gardens. It was a great place to relax and get fresh air.She was especially glad that the boy didn't just leave. To be honest she wasn't really good at making Gryffindor friends. So she smiled at the boy and started walking toward the gardens. Maybe she could figure out what was wrong. Or perhaps just make a new friend. " Well off we go then. The gardens are a great place. " Lily said in a soothing voice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back