Blood Status
Muggleborn
Relationship Status
Married
Sexual Orientation
Linnux
Wand
12" Ash wand with tail of unicorn hair core
After taking some Felix Felicis in her most recent Potions lesson, the Pufflehuff had come down the Great Hall on the hunt for a partner for the Yule Ball. She'd only attended in the past while hiding in the corner, and she felt like this year, since she was doing so many more things that put her out there, that she should have someone to go with too. Chaser used to go with Linnux when he couldn't go with Mini, but then Mini was once caught out kissing Lennon at the Yule Ball too, and Maggie knew the whole event would be full of drama. With Pippa changing her entire style, Maggie thought this year was a good year for her to branch out too, and as she entered the hall during lunch she was on the prowl for someone she could ask. Surely, since she'd taken the potion, nothing could go wrong right? She moved down her own house table to begin with, stopping next to a boy she didn't think she'd spoken to, but one that did seem to be quite cute. Without hesitating she took a seat next to him, thinking about how her best friend would have handled the situation. "Are you going to eat that?" she asked, trying to be forward yet comfortable and she pointed at the last brownie on his plate.

Eutropia sighed and sat on the bench at the Hufflepuff table. He had transferred back from Hogwarts Scotland and now he regretted it since he had to get back into his classes. Which wasn't fun. He had OWLs this year and no sister to watch for, so he would have thought it was easier, but that was not the case. He lover Thala, he didn't like that she wasn't here with him. He was about to pile food onto his plate when he was suddenly joined by a girl from his house. He knew her from classes, but he'd never really spoke to her. He ignored her at first, reaching for a brownie when she suddenly spoke to him. She was cute, admittedly. He looked down at the brownie he was about to eat before shrugging and pushing the plate towards her. "Nah, if you want it you can have it. I probably should cut down anyway." he said, grinning at her. He would be happy to share, since he didn't really have any friends here yet, he'd been in another school for the most of the time.

Maggie grinned, the potion must have been working already! She picked up the brownie gingerly, careful not to make a crumby mess and laid it out on the plate in front of her instead. “Thank you,” she replied politely, always remembering her manners. She grabbed a fork and tucked into it, using the excuse that she now worked at Honeydukes and needed experience with different types of chocolate too if she was going to be a good employee. “Your name is Eutropia?” She asked, shoving a bit more brownie into her mouth. She recognised him from a few years ago but it had certainly been a while. She was quite sure he was in her classes too, and since she was quiet and sat at the back it was easy to learn everyone’s names when she was younger. “I am Maggie. Well technically I am Magdalena but no one actually calls me that.” She shocked herself, having not introduced herself as such to anyone before, and she was pretty sure only professors and Pippa knew her full name. “Anyway,” she pressed on, a smile still on her face, “Do you want to do something fun?” She offered, hoping he would say yes and that luck would still be on her side. She did have an hour after all.

Eutropia watched her curiously as she grabbed the brownie off of his plate and placed it on his own. He’d never had anyone pick off his plate other than Thala before, so this was a bit weird but he didn’t mind it so much, it was kind of fun actually and she seemed really nice. He nodded at her as she asked his name. “Yeah, but you can call me Ro if you want.” His name was a bit weird so he could understand if she wanted to use his nickname instead. She continued on to introduce herself and he vaguely had a recollection of her, though it had been years. He hadn’t really noticed her in classes much, but he was usually so focused on the material that it made sense that would be so. “Magdalena is a nice name though,” he commented, though if she wanted him not to call her than then he definitely wouldn’t. This conversation was very strange. He turned away from her for a second to grab some cookies when she spoke again. Something fun? Ooh, that sounded a bit exciting and a chance to make a friend was always a good time to do stuff. He looked back at her and smiled. “I mean, sure, what did you have in mind, Maggie?”

“Thank you,” she said through a mouthful of brownie. If her parents could see her now she’d probably be scolded but unfortunately for them she wasn’t near them. “Okay I will call young Ro. That is simple enough.” Simple was good for the girl who was still trying to grasp English. She was much better now than when she joined the school but she still had her habits. She smiled once she had swallowed her food, turning back to the boy beside her. “Well I have never really danced before, and I definitely want to. I think we should dance together.” She stated her intentions outright. Usually she wouldn’t have the confidence at all to ask this of someone, but he was cute and she was feeling lucky and besides she couldn’t let Pippa be the only one of the pair with a date for the ball. “Maybe we can practise and then dance at the Yule Ball, as a couple?” She clarified, making sure he absolutely knew what he was getting into if he said yes. She lent across the table, her white crop top not quite touching the remaining brownie on her plate as she collected a goblet and proceeded to fill it with water and sitting back down. “I think you might make a good dance partner,” she added with a smile and took a sip of her drink. If she hasn’t just drunk Felix Felicis then she wouldn’t have been this confident in herself, but right now she felt like whatever happened would be the right thing for her future.

Maggie was pretty cute, admittedly, there was something about her that he liked, maybe it was that she'd just up and sat herself down with him despite them not knowing each other. They were in the same house and year, but he'd been away for a while, so all of this was quite new. When she started talking about dancing, Ro frowned a little, a bit unsure where this was going. He hadn't been back at the school long and all of his friends were in HS, so he didn't really know anyone, he would like to make a friend or two if he could before he had to suffer through exams and probably never get to resurface under the pressure. This conversation was weird, but he didn't hate it. His eyes went wide and he dropped his muffin when she suddenly asked him to the yule ball. He wasn't sure what to say, but it was kind of funny, since he always used to go with Thala and this was definitely not Thala. "Oh!" He was definitely shocked. "Um, I wasn't going to go, actually, since I don't know anyone..." he started, but perhaps this would be a good way to make a friend and after all, the girl had just asked him out, in front of people, that took a lot of guts, right? "Uh, sure, actually, I could go with you, if you really want, it would be fun!" He was actually a bit excited now, after all, he'd never been to the yule ball with a proper girl, Thala didn't count.

The Pufflehuffs face dropped when Ro said he was actually going at all. Well that was a shame. Everyone had a point when they didn’t know anyone though, and even Maggie who had just asked someone she barely knew too still was a little apprehensive about the dance herself since it would be the first time they got to know each other properly. She was about to grab her brownie and slinks away to find someone else when he changed his mind, and her eyes lit up. “I really want,” she nodded, hoping that he was just saying that to spare himself of the embarrassment of wanting to go with her too because it’s what he wanted. “I agree!” Maggie smiled, taking another sip of her drink. She’s never had a actual partner before so this was going to be nice. “Now,” she began, laying down the goblet and resting her arms on the table. “We should probably practise,” the fifth year had never danced in her life and she didn’t want to trip the first second she got up there for real.

Ro watched the girl, he wasn't sure what was going on, but it would be kind of nice to go to the dance with someone. He fixed his glasses and nodded to her. "Uh, okay, I guess... it will be fun I think." He wasn't sure when she'd decided to ask him, or even why, but it was a nice thought for sure, he was a bit excited if he was being honest. She looked at him again and put her arms on the table, and Ro watched her, smiling a little bit. It was nice to have a friend, and she was his first friend. It was very exciting. "Practice how?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back