Brooke Townsend

🤍 No Grit No Pearl 🤍

OOC First Name
Kris
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Single
The blind date idea had been a rather exciting open for going to the ball this year versus just going alone or with friends. Especially, when to Brooke's dismay, she had realized she'd not really managed to make any good close friends at school yet. Plenty of acquaintances and friends sure, but no one Brooke could really be herself around. Not that she was expecting Terrell to end up being that, but it was nice to have an excuse to talk to more of her classmates outside of class or quidditch games.

Standing near the doors so they wouldn't miss each other, Brooke smiled and waved Terrell over when she spotted him, brushing her hair off her shoulders. "Hey, happy Yule," She said, stepping over to him. "I'm impressed so many people are dancing already, I half expected the dance floor to be empty," She added as she turned to look further into the hall. She wasn't sure if Terrell would want to dance, Brooke hadn't gotten around to it last year, but she had quite enjoyed dancing with Lillith during the dance lessons, so she wouldn't turn him down if he offered.

Terrell was excited for this evening since last year's Yule Ball had been one of the highlights of his first year. This year he had signed up for a blind date, using it as an opportunity to meet new people he may not have otherwise spoken to. His blind date was Brooke, a Slytherin he knew from classes but he didn't know anything about her. It was the perfect person for him, someone he knew of, but could get to know better over the evening.

He had to make sure that he looked smart, he combed his hair and wore a suit. He carried a small gift for his date inside his jacket pocket and made his way down to the Great Hall. Brooke was already at the entrance waiting for him. He smiled and waved back, "Hey, happy Yule to you too! You look lovely." He complimented, noticing her brush her hair off her shoulders. The atmosphere of the hall was great, Terrell smiled as Brooke pointed out the people dancing. "They are making the most of it. Do you like dancing?" He asked, hoping she did.

Brooke smiled when Terrell complimented, pleased that he seemed to be leaning into the spirit of the evening and had made an effort. She was half expecting to end up with some brotherhood boy who didn't even care enough to change out of a t-shirt, so she was pleasantly surprised. "Thanks, you too," She said, moving so they could enter the hall together. Brooke wouldn't have been perfectly polite to Terrell if he had just shown up in a t-shirt, but it made it a lot easier that he'd dressed up for her. "I think so, I'm admittedly still a bit of a novice when it comes to like, ball room dancing. But I did the lessons with Professor Castillo and Nurse Arora and it was a lot of fun. I wouldn't mind trying it out if you want," She said. "I could even lead," Brooke added. She'd lead with Lillith and it would be easy enough to switch roles, but Brooke wouldn't mind a chance show off as well if the chance arose.

Terrell smiled at Brooke's answer, she seemed like fun and someone who wasn't ready to sit around and eat all evening. Not that Terrell would mind eating all evening, it just wasn't his idea of Yule fun. "I went to that dance lessons too!" He replied, offering a hand and saying "Come on then, you can remind me what Professor Castillo taught us."

Brooke was relieved to hear Terrell had put in the time to take the dance lessons as well. As good as it felt to know she knew how to dance, it was a bit wasted if her partner couldn't keep up. That'd just make them both look bad. "Oh great! I was paired up with Lillith the whole time, so I wasn't sure who else was there," She admitted. She smiled and took Terrell's hand, moving with him out to the dance floor so they could try to recreate their dance lessons. It was a bit different being surrounded by more people all doing whatever dancing they felt like, and Brooke had to spend a moment listening to the music to get a good grasp on the beat, but otherwise she couldn't imagine it'd be that much more difficult. "You know, I was half expecting to spend all night by the snack table like a couple of wallflowers," She admitted, glancing over at some of the other students their age who were undoubtably too scared or awkward to dance, trying to see if she recognized any of them and quietly pleased that she'd managed to avoid that fate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back