Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Sexual Orientation
Pansexual
Wand
Straight 16 1/2 Inch Rigid Blackthorn Wand with Fwooper Feather Core
Spending the day delivering roses had been a pleasant distraction from Flavio's worries, a chance for him to spread happiness and focus on something other than the responsibilities weighing on his mind. As the day played out and he witnessed so many students accept roses from their loved ones, and he received roses from many people who cared about him as well, he almost felt free from his problems for a little while, like the burden on his shoulders had been lifted and for the first time that year he could wholly enjoy the moment and experience his final year of school instead of worrying about the future. But as soon as the deliveries were over and students retreated to their dorms to prepare for the dance Flavio felt the worries return before he had a chance to stop it. By the time the dance had begun the pressure to make up for lost time had forced him to spend the night studying in the student lounge, somewhere Flavio knew would be empty while the hustle and bustle of the valentine's dance was many floors below him in the great hall.

He never planned to attend the dance, assuming he would be exhausted from rose deliveries and simply wouldn't be able to find the time as he worked on other things, and though as the day progressed he had found a sliver of hope the dance would be a possibility, this was crushed as quickly as it appeared when reality hit him. Avoiding the dance was a good idea, he convinced himself as he shuffled the pieces of parchment on the table in front of him. Guilt lingered in the back of his mind over disappointing November and his friends, and even himself since he knew he wanted to appreciate his time at hogwarts while he was still able to, but he tried to ignore it to focus on studying. There were homework assignments he needed to work on, notes to rewrite, and readings he needed to complete, all things that required him to be away from the dance and making the most of the quiet calmness elsewhere in the castle. His newt year was nearly over, he couldn't afford to slip up now and risk the future he was working towards.

November felt breathless as she moved up the stairs wondering if there was a magical cure the inability to breathe while walking up stairs after dancing all night. It had been a smashing hit, the entire dance. She had found Noemie and talked with Amber's younger sister and another girl and a few other friend. Noemie was her oldest friend at Hogwarts and she couldn't believe how little time they'd spent with each other during the past semester. She knew Noemie did many more activities than she so November never wanted to be a bother to her friend. So it'd been really nice to get to spend the evening with her instead. She was able to avoid all the people she didn't really care for and it made her nearly forget her boyfriend who ditched her last minute. That was until she saw him in the student lounge as she passed to get to the Hufflepuff Common Room from the stairs. There he was, head in books notes being scribbled and underlined. He looked almost peaceful until you saw the concentration across his face.

It brought November back to the days when she just dreamed about him looking up and seeing her and feeling the same way she felt for him. Of course she hadn't ever realized in the moments she looked away he had been staring at her and feeling the same. She wasn't so sure about that now. He was constantly hiding behind his work he had to do and spending less and less time with her. It hurt her feelings but she never felt as though she could confront him about it. His rose today had sent her over the edge, she couldn't believe he didn't have the nerve to tell her to her face he wasn't going to the dance with her. Instead he said he loved her lots but he couldn't go. Everyone was going to the dance, no one else felt the need to continue studying throughout the night. It made her so angry that she stormed off to her dorm room with the aim to rip to shreds the rose he had sent her.

It had been a very fun night for Hufflepuff, whose cheeks were still slightly flushed from spending so long dancing with her friends. It had been a long time since she'd been quite that social, and interacting with students she'd only spoken to briefly before, besides having Austin around with her had made it twice as fun. As she felt as though she would pass out if she stayed there any longer, the fifth year had left the party and begun the assent back to the common room, a smile plastered on her face as she moved back to her room. With only a couple of years left at the school, she felt as though time was flying by, and she wanted to make the most of it while she could. She'd spent time working hard, but now she had a good balance as well as a good idea of what her future held, and in that night she couldn't have been more proud of the direction she was headed in.

As the Hufflepuff walked for the first time in a pair of heels she was still trying to get used to, she glanced up as a flash of blonde hair passed her nearby. "Hey November," she'd not spoken to the older girl much properly, but given she was in a particularly good mood, she wasn't against making conversation. "I love your dress," glancing up and down at the gold fabric on the girl. "Have you seen Flavio?" Geo often only saw him at patrols as her partner, but her question was easily answered when she glanced across the corridor to see the boy sat at a desk, deep in work as usual. "Hey you," she grinned as she took a brief detour into the doorway of the student lounge. "How come you're buried in here with your work? Your girlfriend is looking great out here you know," she added, nodding her head in the direction the Hufflepuff was walking. It seemed a little odd to Geo that November had attended the dance without him. "Please tell me you're nearly done?" she asked him, hoping that he wasn't going to let the last few events he had at the school go to waste, instead of spending it with those he should be making memories with.

When footsteps began to echo in the corridor outside the lounge, Flavio assumed the dance was nearly over, and tried not to let the noise distract him from his work. He knew if he gave in and focused on the distraction when he was already tired he wouldn't be able to drown out the noise later on as more students walked past to return to their dorms, and he tried to keep his focus on the notes he was revising instead, in an effort to avoid wasting the time he had before curfew. Sighing, he removed his glasses to rub the sleep from his eyes, only noticing Geo was standing in the doorway after returning them to his face. He gave his friend a puzzled look, glancing between her and the table where his notes were laid out as if this was enough to answer her question. "I spent today delivering roses, this is my only chance to study." Flavio said simply, shaking his head and averting his gaze to the floor before he answered Geo's second question. "November knows I was not going to be at the dance, and I will not be done for a while." Catching the end of the dance and seeing November and his friends for just a moment would have been a nice end to his day, but with all the things he needed to do it wasn't a possibility. The guilt of being distanced from the people he cared about and absent from what should be his last memories at hogwarts was something he felt everyday, but he didn't think he had another option with so many responsibilities to worry about.

The prefect was in too much of a good mood to let Flavio's puzzled expression get her down. She lent her weight back and forward on one arm as it was propped up in the doorway of the student lounge, watching the Ravenclaw inquisitively as he tried to tell her why he hadn't attended the Valentines dance. She knew better than most that the desire to study and make sure grades weren't an issue was important, but she'd also come to realise in the last year that balance was even more so, and right now it didn't seem as though the Head Boy had that nailed. "Have you seen her though?" Regardless of whether he was attending, Geo hoped he'd at least sent a compliment her way. Her blue eyes glanced between the boy and the work on his desk, and with a small sigh, Geo walked further into the room, approaching the table beside him to see what he was working on. "Is this really going to take a while?" she asked sincerely, hoping that it wasn't just an excuse to avoid a social event. She had had a lovely evening and it was only fair that where she could, she help others enjoy their night too. If Flavio wasn't able to do that until his work was finished, there was only one way for it, and besides he'd helped her numerous times. "Show me." she added definitively, perching on the side, "Let me help you get out of here." Perhaps if they worked on it together, Flavio would be finished sooner, and be free to enjoy his time.

November was in her dorm room her thoughts going a hundred miles per second. Why was Geo looking for her boyfriend? Sure they might be friends and patrol partners, but today was about love and loving your own boyfriend. Didn't Geo have a boyfriend already? Why was she seeking out Flavio, well before any patrol they'd have for the evening? Surely the Professor who were not at the dance would be patrolling the halls making sure students weren't getting into trouble while all the Prefects were enjoying the dance. Geo had always been all over Flavio, she didn't really think he ever paid her much attention other than a mild friendship. But what if that was what Flavio was hiding from her? The past few weeks, months even Flavio had seemed different. He was changing and he said he just wanted to focus on getting his grades before finishing school. It could be more, November thought to herself. She looked up at her bedside table, the rose he'd sent her was laying there, no vase to keep it living for longer. Feeling tears well up in her eyes thinking about how her boyfriend and hopefully life partner hadn't even been able to spare a minute to give her a dance at the dance all about love...it was too much for November. She rather be angry then sad, so she grabbed the rose in her fist not caring about the thorns on the steam and marched back to the Student Lounge.

Flavio was still sitting where he'd been when she stopped and looking in through the door at him before. But now Geo was there sitting with him and he was talking to her. "YOuu!" November said loudly using the rose as a pointing stick, aimed for Flavio. "This is all I get from you? An excuse written on a note days ago? Once I got this I had hoped it was a joke, or that you'd change you mind and show up! But did you? No!" November was outright shouting and not even caring that Geo was sitting there watching her go mad. "You go out of your way to avoid me these days? Why? Do you not love me anymore, because that's clearly not what you wrote, unless your written words are just lies? You've been distant and just a terrible boyfriend, did you even notice I didn't send you a rose this year? I didn't even bother Flavio, I honestly thought you wouldn't either. You....you rather sit in here with her then spend a night enjoying yourself with me and our friends," November was sure her face was getting red, the emotion building up inside her wanting to burst out more. Her free hand grabbed the top of the rose and ripped the flower head off in her hand, the petals becoming loose. She threw both at Flavio, the stem aimed for his face and the petals fluttered down around him and Geo.

Flavio's automatic response was to shake his head and deny any help when Geo offered it to him, knowing it would be selfish of him to accept and a waste of her time that could be better spent elsewhere. She was in her fifth year, and he was caught up in seventh year homework, the last thing he would want was for a friend of his to spend the last few hours of their valentine's day assisting him with school work out of their year level. Geo was smart, Flavio knew this from his time tutoring her, but he couldn't ask her to help him with work outside of the work she already had for her OWL year, it would be unfair on both of them and an extra guilt to plague the back of his mind. "No, I can do this alone, please do not worry about me." He answered, covering his notes with his arms, voice sounding more frantic than he wanted it to. Really he wanted to avoid to avoid the conversation with Geo in its entirety so he had a chance to focus on studying to make up for the time he wasted delivering roses earlier in the day. Quiet calm to read and write and get ahead with the mountain of work constantly piling up was all he needed and he wished for Geo to understand this. As they spoke time ticked on, the pressure Flavio felt to work grew worse and fear began to rise that he wasn't being the person he needed to be. The person everyone expected him to be.

He opened his mouth again to ask Geo to leave but found himself too startled to utter another word as a familiar yet furious voice suddenly called his attention, causing him to look to the source. He swallowed the lump in his throat as November continued yelling at him and watched, confused at her words. The rose and note he sent to her was honest, he thought of all people November would understand he couldn't attend the dance because of his compulsion to work hard during the school year, it was ingrained in his personality and the way he had always been. Without his interest in academics he would be the shell of the person he had grown to become and he thought she understood this, thought sending her a rose and telling her he needed to focus on school would be enough for her. As she pulled the rose apart he realized it wasn't, and he felt defeated when she threw it at him as if none of it mattered. He instinctively turned his face away though felt one of the thorns pierce his cheek, something he confirmed when he moved his hand to his face and saw it was smeared red when he drew it away. "I-" He stuttered, tears forming in his eyes as he moved his gaze from the blood on his hand, to November. "I am sorry, I love you. I thought the rose would be enough." Flavio was shocked and hurt at what had just happened, too taken aback at November's anger and admission she did not bother to send him a rose to conjure a better response. She deserved an explanation but he felt frozen in place, unable to react other than stare in shock while his emotions welled up.

Last edited:
As the prefect became frustrated with how little Flavio was opening up to her at the moment, she sighed to herself and considered whst else she could say to get him to change his mind. She didn't want him wasting precious time working on a day like this, and head boy or not, he deserved to have some fun. Before Geo could say anything however, she heard a screech coming from the doorway she'd just come through, and she turned to see her housemate shouting at them, or more specifically Flavio. Usually the Hufflepuff would have jumped in to defend her friend, argued her way through until she could settle a problem, but this wasn't her business and she knew her presence only seemed to be making things worse. Geo wasn't quite sure what had happened between the couple, but apparently Geo wasn't the only one the Ravenclaw had been distant with. She forced herself back into her chair as she felt out of place and awkward sat between them, a look of shock and concern on her face as she silently glanced between the pair, wishing she were a year older and she could have apparated straight out of there. Surely November would know Geo had only just arrived?

As the Head Boy looked as thiugh he was on the verge of tears, and an awkward silence filled the air, Geo could hardly sit back and watch forever. She tried to clear the lump in her throat that had formed as part of becoming a third wheel. "November." She addressed the girl, hoping she wasn't about to regret it. "I.. I don't think he meant it." What would she care about what Geo thought? She already seemed to believe Geo was a bad guy in this situation. Stuck between not wanting to take a side but feeling the overwhelming urge to help, she figured it was easier to deflect the attention away from Flavio. She slid out of her chair, wanting to give her friend a hug but knowing it would only make things worse. "I only came in to see if he needed help. So that he could finish and come back to you." She tried to explain, nervously darting her eyes between the pair. "Why don't we go back to the common room? Least we can enjoy the rest of the evening?" She asked her hopefully. Maybe it would give him time to reflect too.

November was upset to say the least, never had she really doubted Flavio's interest in her during the length of the relationship. But the past few months of him disappearing and always working, never seeming to want her around had broken her little by little until she finally got to the point where she shattered. She was over whatever was going on between her and Flavio, Flavio and Geo, and her and Geo. She never really enjoyed the younger girl or understood why Flavio always tended to spend time with the younger girl. Other than they Geo was a better version of whatever November could hope to be. Her grades always good, a prefect, out going and fun. She sent a glare at Geo as the young girl spoke to her offering to go back to the common room with her. Of course she'd want November away from Flavio, she was a sneaky little twerp. She hardly heard what Flavio had to say either for as soon as the rose was out of her hands she was turning towards the door and ran as fast as she could back up to the 7th year girl's dorm. Somewhere Geo wasn't invited in their shared house.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back