Blood Status
Muggleborn
Relationship Status
Single
Sexual Orientation
Asexual
Wand
Straight 9 1/2 Inch Rigid Walnut Wand with Thestral Tail Hair Core
Over the next few days, Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them is being released in cinemas across the globe! As usual when new HP themed books/films/plays come out we ask you to keep all discussions on it in one place - here! This is in order to prevent people accidentally stumbling across spoilers in spam, shouty, etc. We also ask that you please contain any spoilers within spoiler tags, just for added safety ;)

With that out of the way, who here is going to see the film? What do you think of the trailers? Personally I'm going to go - I think it looks pretty good (plus Eddie Redmayne :wub: :r )!

Tenile and I are going to try and go this Saturday :D :D :D so exciting. THINK OF ALL THE NEW GIFSSSSSS

I'll hopefully be seeing the movie this weekend :party:

Not sure what to expect but I'm excited nonetheless!

Tenile and I were discussing the movie last night, so here are a few thoughts that I came up with at the time:
But you know, I was watching a panel talking to the cast, directors and J.K. Rowling herself on Fantastic Beasts, and they all brought up a good point. Fans are really invested in the world that they're so leery of the new quartet kind of 'replacing' the trio, but I love that we don't have preconceived notions about who we love and who we hate. We're free to be introduced to the characters and grow to love them or hate them for ourselves.
And, listening to J.K. about how she wrote the screenplays, I felt better about the fact that there were going to be five because it was at no point a cash-grab. She had a story she desperately wanted to tell, and when she started it just evolved. The directors were happy with the three they'd planned, but the story wasn't finished to her, so she worked really hard to make sure all was complete and in a proper narrative with no useless bits.
<i></i>
I just hope that it doesn't move too far away from Newt and his adventures and just become all Grindelwald vs Dumbledore, because while I want to see that just fine, I've fallen in love with Newt and I feel like this is his universe.
<i></i>
Here are three of my favourite released clips, so far!

Newt: 1; Niffler: 0
The Bowtruckles
Murtlap on the Loose

I'm going to a midnight release too. My sister's dragging me (not that I'm unwilling in any way! xD ) Hopefully it'll be good.

I wanted to go, but I would be going alone and I dislike crowds xD

I reallllyyyy want to see it this weekend :D

Trying to drag Claire with me :r

I'm pretty sure I'm seeing it this weekend with my sisters. ^_^

Tenile and I have invited Kaye along, so it's a mini meetup too :D

I'm going next friday and can't wait, together with Cian (Leon) :woot: :woot:

I'm going with a couple of friends who are just as excited as I am sometime next week or the week after (probably the week after its released) because the movie's only coming out next week Friday but I can't wait xD

What's been everyone's favourite part of the trailers/sneak peeks so far? Mine's when the Niffler gets into the jewellery shop. They're sooooo cute ^_^

I really love the little featurettes they showed. The one's KR added and there have been others as well. Personally so far the Bowtruckles were my favourite!

The movie was worth the wait and money. For me there was two plot twist by somewhere in the end. Though, Aurors attire, you'll think they're doing a gangster movie from the 20's or part of al capon's gang. I was curious though on the death penalty part, I didn't quite get the people in white robes if they're part of a hospital staff or law enforcement. But I love it, didn't even went to the bathroom for a break xD

Just got back from seeing it and wowwwww it by far exceeded my expectations. I was really skeptical of the entire series, especially after hearing that there were going to be 4 more, but wow it was so so good. I just love learning all the new things about the magical world.

Except I do have a problem with casting Johnny Depp as Grindelwald. :oy: I just feel that he's such a "character" actor and he's so well known that it immediately cheapened the whole reveal for me tbh. I wish they would've stuck with lesser known actors because the HP franchise is already so huge, people are going to see the movie regardless, you don't need big names to draw in a crowd. And I loooved the dynamic between the 4 characters & they were relatively unknown/low profile in comparison to some big names. So that's literally my only complaint about the movie. Other than that it really was amazing. I take back everything I said about telling JRK to let it die, gimme all 5 movies now!

I loved it. Not the movie I expected, in the best way possible and I can't wait to see it again and again to pick up on things when I wasn't so tired because I went to the midnight release xD

So Tenile, Kaye and I went to see Fantastic Beasts today. We invited Jesse but he was unable to come :( ( <_< ) Anyway we have some pictures of us and Kaye. Kaye is in the Mickey Mouse shirt, Tenile with the icecream whilst I am in the yellow shirt. It was very hot today xD

CML8g8b.jpg
YvCaRTo.jpg

Anyway onto the spoilers!
</COLOR></FONT>
Well, the movie started off rather predictably, with our main character pictured on the left, Mister Light with his sidekick Kid Glow.
MACzpA5.jpg

Next of course you had your generic bad guy who tried to kill Mister Light and Kid Glow. Bulbman of course did not win the day.
Fu9afGp.jpg

We had a wonderful cameo from the Trolley witch herself!
0IhJqRr.jpg

And then of course the movie faded to black after the day was saved once again thanks to the Power Puff girls!
RKafo5X.jpg

So the pictures above are basically what we were looking at for nearly half an hour. Apparently the projector had broken for our session at 10:50 so we were given complementary tickets for the next session as well as some cool stuff. So we didn't actually get to see the movie until 12:50 but it was definitely well worth the wait. My especially favorite scene was in the zoo, there were some interesting movements made by a certain character that had me laughing in my seat and attemtping not to slap the shite out of Tenile in my excitement (sorry sis xD ) the ending was almost really sad until they made up for it and the Johnny Depp cameo wasn't what I was expecting. I didn't see enough of him to real get a feel for him but I didn't hate it at least!
<FONT font="verdana"><COLOR color="black">
In short, I really recommend going to see it :wub:

Tenile and Teigan are the best ever :hug: I went to see it with them and it was really good, despite the fact that we had to wait such a long time to see it due to 'technical difficulties'. Thanks Jesse :glare:

However, there is one part of the movie which Teigan mentioned that I've been thinking about and so I want to discuss it.

Okay so in one of the scenes, Tina's sister comes across a photo frame with a picture of a girl in it in Newt's office. Because she is a Legilimens she can read minds and reads his mind to find out that the girl's name is Leta Lestrange. He then begins to say that they were good friends during school. I've been thinking for a while how Leta could fit into the story and now I think I've finally got it.

We know Bellatrix was born into the Black family, so Leta would be some kind of in-law to her. Radolphus Lestrange, one of Bellatrix's husband's ancestors, was born some time before 1818 according to the Harry Potter Wiki. Newt was born in 1897 so let's say Leta was born the same year. This would mean Radolphus would have been at least 90 years old when she was born which suggests that Radolphus could perhaps be her great-grandfather or something.

But there's another theory too.

I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure when Tom Riddle went to school he was friends with one of the Lestrange's. Voldemort was born around the time Fantastic Beasts was set so I'm thinking perhaps Leta could be their mother or aunt??? We'll most likely find this out in the next movies but I just left this here in case anyone was as curious as I was, and because I'd also love to hear everyone's opinions on the subject.

So, what do you think? :D

Is anyone going to talk about the obscurials and the theory that Ariana Dumbledore was potentially one of them?

I was so happy to see all of the creatures in Newts suitcase, and I'm so pumped for pictures and gifs (gonna update my menagerie stock photos :r ) The Erumpent scene was absolutely amazing and its hands down one of my favourites. xD
The logic I thought was a little dumb at some points, such as the sudden death sentence without any proper trial, evidence or argument. The MACUSA is a pretty shitty government imo.

Professor Aeon Summers said:
Is anyone going to talk about the obscurials and the theory that Ariana Dumbledore was potentially one of them?

I was so happy to see all of the creatures in Newts suitcase, and I'm so pumped for pictures and gifs (gonna update my menagerie stock photos :r ) The Erumpent scene was absolutely amazing and its hands down one of my favourites. xD
The logic I thought was a little dumb at some points, such as the sudden death sentence without any proper trial, evidence or argument. The MACUSA is a pretty shitty government imo.
Honestly what was up with that Death sentence? I mean i realise it was Grindelwald that handed down the sentence to be rid of witnesses, but wtf was that thing? Dream acid?

Professor Sloane Stark said:
Honestly what was up with that Death sentence? I mean i realise it was Grindelwald that handed down the sentence to be rid of witnesses, but wtf was that thing? Dream acid?
Newt just called it a 'Death potion'.

Charlie said to me as I was happily pointing out plot holes during the movie (bad habit, I know) "Just remember, in Harry Potter movies, the answer is always 'wizards'."
Me: "How did the memory potion wipe all those photographs the muggles took of the beasts and the ministry-"
Charlie: "Wizards."
Me: "And why would-"
Charlie: "Wizards."
Me: "But-"
Charlie: "Wizards!"

Just been to see it :wub: It's so good. Lots of ideas now for future roleplays ;) wasn't too sure what to expect going in but loved it ^^
Also have to say Johnny Depp in it was quite unusual. Not his normal type of film, but I think he will be good!
kdgmbZJ.jpg

Claire left, Pheeb right

IT WAS SO GOOD :party: Loved the story, loved the actors, loved the setting. I don't have much else to say, except that

The strudel scene was amazing. I've always wondered about wizard cooking and it was so fun to watch xD

Users who are viewing this thread

Back