Blood Status
Pure Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Sexual Orientation
not interested
Wand
Oak Wand 14 3/4" Essence of Raven Feather
Aonghas had come outside purely as a new place to explore. There was a lot of the school that he hadn’t yet seen, and was curious about. Plenty of places that he wasn’t supposed to go to. He couldn’t rock the boat while at school, that wouldn’t be the right thing to do at all. So he was staying away from the forest and away from the cliffs, somewhat staying away from swimming in the water too. It wasn’t like the water’s coldness would be something that greatly affected him given that he’d been raised in a climate not unlike this one, but instead he was just at the water’s edge with his robes being used to keep him off the cold ground with a few books scattered around and just with his feet at the edge of the water throwing the occasional stone. It wasn’t like he had much work to do really. It was the beginning of the semester and he had a lot less than he’d imagined he would have. He’d been trying to just do some light studying but it hadn’t been of much interest to him, oddly enough it hadn’t been too interesting to revise when they hadn’t really learned anything yet, so he was just looking for anything to spend his time doing, at the very least, so long as it stayed within the limit of the school rules.

Katia Hensel was unsure if she liked the school or not so far. She had nothing to do and found herself bored all of the time. She kept to herself because she felt that she couldn't trust others to befriend, even those in her dorm. As the Ravenclaw walked along the edge of the lake, she stopped short when she saw another student in front of her. He was throwing the occasional stone into the water. She struggled to locate a name, but she could not think of her. Her golden eyes reflected her own Matthias/Hensel nature. It was a dominant gene in her family. She cocked her head slightly, her red hair falling over her shoulders, "Are you having fun?" Katia started, her voice a little cold but managing to stay almost friendly. The books at his feet were thrown around so carelessly. All Katia wanted to do was just fix them, and make them neater.

Aonghas looked over at the girl who spoke to him, he didn’t recognise her or her tone, and despite it maybe being a bit cold it was still friendly enough, ”Naw, ah’m a bit bored, honestly.” the boy said honestly, giving a little shrug and looking at the ground around him. He wasn’t sure how else to explain that mostly he was bored because there wasn’t a whole lot else to do. ”Ah’m no willin’ tae go in the water, and skimming stones is only so fun when ye’re only,” the boy motioned vaguely, though he knew that someone had died in the water, he was more thinking about all the creepy and gross creatures that lived in it, and additionally it wasn’t like his books or notes were that interesting either. He looked at the girl and gave a little smile, ”Ah’m Aonghas Fergusson,” he stepped towards her with a hand outstretched to her, ”Ah cannae promise it’ll be fun, but yer welcome tae join me,” the hufflepuff offered, he didn’t know if this girl would be interested in that at all but he felt it right to offer to at least maybe make it a bit more fun.

Katia could definitely relate with him about being bored. She stayed that way ever since she had been sorted into the school. “This entire school bores me, actually, so I can relate.” Katia smiled gently, bending down and taking a pebble. She flicked her wrist and attempted to make it skip. It did not and sank to the bottom. Katia sighed. Before she glanced down to get another stone, the boy introduced himself. Tucking red hair behind her ear, she reached out and shook his hand. “Katia Hensel.” His accent was certainly strange but pleasant regardless. She shrugged her shoulders, “Misery loves company, they say. I guess it can be like boredom.” Katia tossed another stone, making it skip once. Better than nothing at all.

Aonghas was a little surprised when the girl said she found the school boring, ”How so?” the hufflepuff couldn’t help but ask, he’d found this boring, and there wasn’t too much to do when he still lacked enough friends to always have someone to spend time with, so he was curious as to if this girl was the same, or if perhaps she had other reasons for not liking the school. He was glad that she seemed to be joining him, since he’d been bored a little company went a long way to make things a little bit better and easier. ”Katia,” the boy repeated as they shook hands, her surname too was something familiar, but he couldn’t place why, ”Ye from around these parts?” the boy asked, since he’d found not unlike him, this school attracted people from all places. He watched her toss the stone, ”Aye, but like maybe we could have some fun, ah dinnae know how mind, but maybe ye’ve an idea?” the hufflepuff asked, wondering perhaps if she had an idea of how they could have just a little bit more fun. End the boredom that was clear that they were clearly both experiencing.

Katia shrugged her shoulders. "Haven't met anyone interesting. The girls in my dorm are not interesting. I have one that has nightmares and wakes up screaming. It is more annoying than anything." Katia rolled her golden eyes at the sheer thought of the girl. It was almost like she was having night terrors, but those were a lot more serious, she believed. Katia shook her head. "My surname comes from Russia. Same as the Matthias family, but there's a long story that I'm not allowed to know. My mom is a Zhefarovich. I came from Bulgaria." Katia picked up another stone and skipped it across the pond, amazed that it actually skipped twice. "Where are you from? Your accent is strange." Katia did not mean to come across as insulting, but she was just blunt. "I want to learn more about the lake. Or fly over it by stealing brooms. Something that would be exciting."

Aonghas frowned a little, ”Have ye complained? It cannae be good fae ye if ye arenae gettin’ enough sleep cause one person is screamin’ at night,” the boy returned, finding it odd that no one had said anything, that no one had complained about it because he certainly would’ve. He hadn’t shared a room before hogwarts so it would’ve been something he didn’t like and would definitely complain about. He listened as the girl also went into a lot of detail about her family name, he certainly knew the Zhefarovich name, His father had often complained about the relative power in the family. He’d been choice about his words but Aonghas had never cared or listened, though perhaps he should’ve. ”Aye, ah guess it is strange, but ah’m fae Scotland, a wee village no far fae the hogwarts,” The boy replied, he was sure that she would ask about why he was here rather than at that school, he didn’t care much about answering that sort of question. ”Flying over could be fun, can ye fly?” the question seemed to answer itself a little, since she was suggesting it, but it never hurt to really ask about it. ”Some kid died in the lake, I dinnae want tae be the second one tae, so no swimmin'”

Katia shook her head, "No, since I'm not sure if I can trust the Ravenclaw Head of House. I don't know him well enough to cast any words to him." She flipped her red hair over her shoulder as she said that. She had no qualms being truthful as she was. For now, Katia would just deal with it. Besides, her little brother was still rather loud at times, so handling a girl would be nothing compared to Corvus. Katia nodded softly as he said that he was from Scotland. That was far away. Why would he be here? Well, then she would be brought into question herself. Katia lived in New Zealand but her family was from Bulgaria. "Can't be too hard. Swing a leg over and take off. Sneaking into the closet where they keep the brooms would be a harder task." Katia turned her head toward the waters, hearing that someone had died in the lake. She shrugged her shoulders, "Unless you can't swim, then you shouldn't go near the water. Water is unforgiving like that."

Aonghas frowned a little, why wouldn’t she just go to that man, he was there to help the students in his house. If not him, why not then someone higher. She had some many options for who she could go to. ”Go tae the deputy then maybe,” the boy suggested, but he could figure that if the girl didn’t want to talk to her head of house, then it was unlikely that she would go to anyone else. The boy was thinking about other things she could do, ”Ah’m no in the same house as ye, but if ye want someone tae talk tae yer head ae house or somethin’ ah’d be willing tae,” the boy offered to her. He didn’t know most of the situation, but he was more than willing to do it,. He knew sleep was important and it wasn’t too fair if some weren’t getting enough sleep because of only one person. The boy smiled at her simplification of what flying was which he was more than happy with. The boy thought it would be a fun thing to do actually, and he knew he needed to keep his flying up, even if he wasn’t yet part of any quidditch team. Aonghas agreed also with the statement, ”Aye, that’s true, the water is unforgiving,” the boy spoke with a little smile, Katia seemed a little harsh probably to most, but he liked that she didn’t seem to mince her words. ”Aye, so ye wanna go flyin’?” the boy offered, ”Ah’m a pretty good flier so ah can gee ye some pointers,” he offered.

Katia smiled a little more when he gave out suggestions. That was pretty smart. Perhaps she could go to the deputy. He might have some more pull about it. If Katia became bothered more about it. While she considered it, Aonghas even mentioned talking to them for her. That was sweet. Katia shook her head, denying his act of generosity. “I cannot let you talk on my behalf. If it bothers me too much, I’ll go to Professor Pendleton. You are sweet. No wonder you got placed in Hufflepuff.” Katia wondered if her mom managed to talk to anyone sweet like this. Maybe not since her mom seemed pretty intimidating. “You know, that sounds like a good idea. I think my mom used to play quidditch. And my dad did. Maybe I could give you pointers.” Katia smirked slightly, almost teasing.

Aonghas would’ve happily done it on her behalf, knowing that it was important for professors to get told about certain things when it was affecting everyone. The hufflepuff gave her a little smile, ”We gotta look oot fae each other,” the boy replied, he was sure she could understand why he was saying that, why he would believe that it be important that they look out for each other. He didn’t think it very often, but her name, what he could figure was her family, the fact that he had always been taught that status did mean something, even if rejecting it could come with such a high and ridiculous price. ”Ye gee me pointers?” the boy laughed as she teased, ”Ma da, ma uncle, ma half brother and ma brother all play quidditch. Ma half brother play fae our national team, ye’ll be taking point fae me Katia,” he returned, he meant it lightly, but couldn’t help the little smile and the small amount of family pride that quidditch afforded him, ”Maybe we could race, see whose the better flier and who’ll be geeing who pointers?” he offered, he didn’t know if she’d enjoy the challenge, but he could figure that it would at least make this a little more fun for them.

Katia narrowed her eyes toward the boy. Did he mean what she thought that he meant? Yes, that had to be it. Katia could most certainly trust the boy now. Her name was a dead giveaway plus her Zhefarovich mother. There was no denying her heritage. But, she had to be sure. “I suppose that means that you are like me, Aonghas.” If he said anything other than yes, or relative to yes, then they were on the same terms. When she heard about his family playing Quidditch, that certainly outnumbered her relatives. Well, her immediate ones. Katia outstretched her hand after making sure that there was no dirt involved. “Let’s see then. Provided we can break into the school’s broom cupboard.” This would be interesting. Her golden eyes seemed to hold a mischievous gleam to them.

Aonghas knew the trouble that their status had caused his brother, but Aonghas also knew it was still important for him to follow it. He would need to do so. It wouldn’t be fair on his sister and he would provide the greatest difference to his family. The boy gave a little smile and nodded, ”Aye okay,” he didn’t think it would be breaking in, people were allowed to use the brooms, maybe not for what they wanted but they were just improving their flying, so he didn’t think that there could possibly be anything wrong with it. ”After you,” the boy motioned in the direction of where they needed to go and waited for her to move in that direction. He liked Katia, she was a little icy but nice and he was happy that they could at least bond a little. She was like him, she’d understand at times their struggle. He waited for her to go before following.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back