Alternate RP Exchange of Letters

This is a roleplay outside of the site's canon.

Alexander Rogers

'57 grad 🎓 | stutterer | awkward artist 🎨

OOC First Name
Maria
Blood Status
Half Blood
Relationship Status
Too Young to Care
Sexual Orientation
Unknown
Wand
Straight 12 1/2 Inch Flexible Alder Wand with Billywig Stinger Core
SET DURING Y41

Alexander didn't really know what he was doing. The Ravenclaw boy was bored and decided in the spur of the moment to send a letter to see if there would be any response, but just as he had sent the letter, he became nervous and didn't really know if he regretted the idea or not. He most likely wouldn't get a response of any kind though.

Dear To Who May Ever May Read This I Guess...

I honestly don't know why I am writing this letter. I guess It would be an interesting way to make friends? This honestly was a spur of a moment kind of thing and I definately think I'll regret doing this as soon as this letter is sent. I'm sorry if my writing is a bit unreadable, I don't have the best handwriting. This letter probably won't reach anyone, and that's totally okay.

I should probably introduce myself shouldn't I? Well... I'm from and live in a small place called New Zealand (I wonder If this letter was reached somewhere else in the world, I think that would be quite cool, but I doubt it would). It's quite nice around here. I go to a boarding school here. I don't have many friends around here. But that's okay, I have my art to keep me company I guess. I do love art, It's my favourite thing to do, even though I'm not the greatest at it.

Tell me about yourself! What are your hobbies? What sort of things do you like to do? Where are you from and what's it like? (You don't have to even tell me your name either)

From,
Blue Raven

It had been just about a year since he graduated, and he had fallen into a comfortable rhythm. He had a nice flat in London, and he bounced around the cafes and bars in town, playing his music for anyone that would listen. His life was comfortable, and he enjoyed the solitude. He was surprised then, when one night an owl swooped down from above him, dropping a letter. His brow furrowed. He had left the magical world behind him after he'd graduated, being so dramatic as to have snapped his wand when he left school.

Still, curiosity won out, and he picked up the letter. He finished walking back home, pulled his dinner out of the fridge. Then he settled down with his food and a drink to read it over. He raised his brow as he read it over. That was interesting. Random letter to a random stranger. Somehow he found that sort of daring charming. So, on impulse, he pulled out a new piece of paper and wrote back.

Dear Blue,

Well, lucky for you your little owl found itself a wizard. Or at least, an ex-wizard. I gave up magic and the wizarding world after I graduated. I didn't think I would return to it, but your daring has intrigued me. I live in London though I grew up in Russia.

I'm an artist myself, though my medium is the musical arts rather than the physical ones. I'm assuming you meant physical arts. What's your medium? I mostly play the piano, and sing if the muse strikes. I bounce around between coffee shops, bars, whatever venue calls to me really. I'm eighteen currently. How old are you, my little Raven? Do write back, this is an interesting experiment.

~The Midnight Muse

Dear Midnight,

I was not expecting a reply, thank you for the message. That's interesting to know. What's London and Russia like? And do you prefer Russia or London? I've always wanted to travel the world. Maybe one day. What made you give up magic and the wizarding world? If its too personal to answer, that's okay.

Musical arts? That's really cool! I'm sure you have a nice voice. Are there any other instruments you play aside from piano? Do you write your own songs too? Yeah, I do physical art. I mainly sketch or draw, but I don't mind painting either. Sketching and painting is like an escape from the real world. The real world can get chaotic sometimes. And to answer your question about my age, I am currently seventeen.

From,
Blue Raven

Dear Raven,

The simple answer? Russia is cold, covered in snow. London is wet. But I love London. What is New Zealand like? Travelling would be interesting. Is there anywhere you want to go? As for why I left the wizarding world, maybe in a few letters I'll let you know. I've dabbled in guitar and drums, but the piano is my baby. Maybe you could send some sketches in your next letter? Can you read music sheets? I do write my own music. I also write some poetry, but that's something I keep just for myself. What do you want to talk about?

~The Midnight Muse

Dear Midnight,

Oh really? Does Russia snow often. To be honest, I've never really seen snow since It doesn't really snow in New Zealand. Well, not in the area that I live in. London sounds nice. Is it as gloomy and rainy as people say it is? I honestly don't know where I'd like to travel. There are so many cool places and I don't know where to start. Yeah, that's alright. I'm sorry if my question was a bit too personal.

Guitar and drums too? Wow, sounds like you're a music genius or something (Which isn't a bad thing, it sounds like you're very talented with music) Oh, sure! I would love to send you some of my sketch pieces! (I'll send them along with my next letter) I mean they might not be the great, but I am happy to show you. I'm not good with reading music, but I'm sure I can ask someone at school in the art club to help me out. Poetry sounds nice, keeping something to yourself is very special. Is poetry something you're passionate about?

Honestly? I don't really know what to talk about, but through these letters you're great company, so I don't really mind what we talk about.

From,
Blue Raven

Dear Raven,

Russia snows much too much. London is gloomy, but then again, so am I. Perhaps you should start in London. It is rather spectacular. I could show you around. Just don't forget your rain coat. I did say I only dabble in the others; I can only play a few simpler songs and my rhythm is still slow. Tickling the ivories, however, that is where my soul lies. I shall include one of my newer pieces then, and you can tell me what you think of it. My journal is comprised mainly of poetry about my existence, the emptiness and bitterness of this world and how eager the universe is to extinguish any light it can find. Why don't you tell me about your drab existence at school? Since you stretched out your hand into the void looking for companionship.

Always,

The Midnight Muse

Dear Midnight,

London sounds great! Maybe I should come up and see this special place. I'd like to take that offer of you being my tour guide. Any special places in London you recommend at all? Your poetry sounds sad, Though I can somewhat relate to the emptiness of the world and such.

School's alright I guess? I don't have many friends or companions around. More so of aquantinces. My roommates are nice. But I don't interact with them often. I'm in the arts room most of the time, doing some sort of art piece, whether it be sketching or painting something. My school life isnt that interesting if I'm being honest with you.

I've added a few sketches along with this letter, I hope you like them. You can keep them if you'd like.

From,

Blue Raven
Sketches that came with the letter: one, two, three (Artwork isn't mine, all credits go to the respected owners)

Dearest Raven,

Your art has brought a breath of life into my otherwise dark and dreary world. Please, send me more. I can see your soul, your heart, and it is beautiful. I've written you a piece of my own in return, though it pales in comparison to you, my sweet Raven. The fates have favored me upon our chance encounter. Please, tell me more about yourself. I yearn to know the soul behind such beautiful art.

Ever Yours,

The Midnight Muse

((x this guy is awesome seriously))

Dear Midnight,

Your music piece is beautiful. I had asked one of the musical artists to help me with the piece you've given me, and it was quite beautiful. Thank you for sending that to me. I'll be sure to keep it safe with me. You really liked my art pieces? I'm glad and I appreciate that a lot. I'll send you a few more pieces in my next letter.

About me? How much do you wanna know? I don't think there's much to know about me. As you know, I am into art, sketching espcially. I wanna become an artist - even though it might not be much. I do love animals. I think dogs, would be my favourite animals. Do you have a favourite animal? Or a favourite colour? I'm not sure what my favourite colour is... There are many colours to enjoy. Family life isn't the greatest, but that's a story for another time.

How about you? Tell me about yourself.

From,

Blue Raven

My Sweet Raven,

I am glad you enjoyed my music. I loved your art pieces, and it would be my honor if you would send me more.

I want to know everything, my dearest Raven. I love that you are a dog person, though I must admit I'm more of a cat man, myself. They are graceful, playful, independent. I see many colors, though since we have started speaking I tend to favor blue.

I do not see myself as much, I must admit. I am a lone star in the vast night, almost lost amongst the darkness. I must admit, sweet Raven, how my heart does race when I receive your letters. Though I do not know your name, you are beautiful to me, and I feel I must know. Is there someone that holds your heart, my Raven?

Longing,
The Midnight Muse

Dear Midnight,

Well your music is honestly quite beautiful, and I wouldn't mind hearing more. Lucky for you and as promised, I have more of my art pieces attached to this letter. Again, you can keep these if you'd like. I try my best with them.

Cats are great too! We had a family cat once, but that was long ago. We had to give him to someone else though because my mum was allergic to cats. His name was whiskers (I know, such an original name). Blue aye? Blue's a nice colour.

In all honesty, my heart races too when I recieve your letters. I would never admit this either, but I smile too. It gets quite lonely at school sometimes. Your letter always make my day, and I hope mine does the same for you. My name? Maybe in a few more letters... I like the mystery behind the letters so far.

From,

Blue Raven
Sketches that came with the letter: one, two, three (Artwork isn't mine, all credits go to respected owners)

My Sweet Raven,

I've written you another piece, and attached the music sheet again. I must admit, I dream of having you on my bench beside me, listening as I show you how you make my heart ache. I've hung your art in my room, on the walls around my bed. My flat is small, but its mine, and it is my haven.

Perhaps someday you'll get a cat again.

Blue is the color that reminds me of you, dearest Raven. The inky blue lost between the stars, the fading of the night with the morning sun, the blue of the endless waves in the vast and unforgiving sea.

I wait with baited breath for the day your owl returns to me, baring your soft words and your artists heart. What is in a name? It is just another word thrust upon you my someone else, a burden bestowed on your soul at birth. I do not need your name to know you are beautiful.

I do not need to know your name now, not written in ink but instead fallen gently from your lips, a whisper among the rain, a breath in my ear from you and you alone. What I wish to know, what I feel I must know, my darling Raven, is there someone else that has captured your heart? Has the universe granted me a glimpse of an angel that was never meant to be mine?

However brief our meeting, however far away you remain, I shall cherish it always.

Yours,

The Midnight Muse

Midnight,

You're new piece is very touching and special to me. That's so sweet of you, I would love to be sitting next to you on that bench right now. But I'm stuck here at this boring school at the moment. I appreciate that you're saving the art im sending you. It means a lot. I keep your written pieces in a small, special box. I also have save your letters as well and put them into the box too.

To answer your question, no. No one else has captured my heart, though, maybe you have. It maybe be a dumb question, but I too am curious, as anyone else captured yours? I may have said this in one of my previous letters, but I'm going to repeat it again, my heart geunienly beats each time your letter arrives. It always brightens my day.

Your Sweet Raven

Ilya loved getting letters from his Raven. It had been such an unexpected turn of events, and now he found that he lived for it, pouring over the letters over and over again late at night when the moon kept him from his dreams. He was thrilled to receive another letter, his heart fluttering as he saw the owl appear on his windowsill. Ilya tore into the page, devouring the words quickly and hugging it to his chest, shutting his eyes and imagining the beautiful soul behind them. He didn't try to put a face to his love, instead imagining the heart wrenching symphony that played in his mind at the thought of his Raven. Sighing, Ilya grabbed a letter and quickly penned a reply back. He wrapped the parchment around a black rose, tying it with a crimson ribbon, pressing a kiss to the page before sending it out.

My Dearest, Darling Raven

My heart is yours.
You ignite my soul and stir the passion in my heart.
The stars shine brighter and the moon smiles down upon me, as the heavens rejoice for the sake of your beauty. My entire being aches for you, yearning for the touch of your skin and the warmth of your breath.
How I wish you would come to me, my muse.
Every mile between us is a needle in my heart.
Tell me, my sweet, how long must I anguish in this torment?
Every moment you are away is utter agony.
How I long for our souls to intertwine, our hearts to beat as one.
I lay awake in the light of the galaxy above, yearning for you.
Please, please, my heart, I beg you, end my suffering.
How long must I lament until the fates draw you at last into my arms?

Forever Yours,
Your Midnight Muse

Alexander honestly didn't know what to think with these letters. He was enjoying the letters sent to him from his Midnight. He found the letters so sweet and endearing. The letters had made him feel less lonely. His heart fluttered as he received another letter, surprised by the rose and ribbon that came along with it. He for sure was going to add it to his box filled with letters from Midnight. He blushed as he read the recent letter being sent to him before he rushed and began to write his letter.

Midnight,

Your poem has made my heart flutter. You're quite good at poetry. As for how long we can see each other? I say soon. School is almost over where I am, and once that's finally over, I think we can finally meet. My heart flutters when I see your letters. So I'm not sure what my heart will do when I come face to face with you.

Thank you for the rose by the way. I'll be sure to keep it in a safe place. This made the recent letter you sent me extra special. I'm sorry that I wasn't able to give you anything this time around. But I'm sure in the next letter I give you, there will be something for you.

Your Sweet Raven

Users who are viewing this thread

Back