OOC First Name
Kadi
Blood Status
Muggleborn
Relationship Status
Single
Wand
Knotted 12 Inch Sturdy Vine Wand with Hippogriff Feather Core
Poppy stood awkwardly at the edge of the great hall, unsure of what she should do and where she should go. She had always felt slightly awkward in these kinds of situations, surrounded by people, but never this self conscious before. Absentmindedly she reached up and fiddled with one of the several hand painted luna moths she made for this costume. It wasn't much of a proper recognizable costume but she had seen an illustration from one of her mother's art books over the holiday and the image had stuck with her. She has spent the past several weeks making the paper moths, whenever she had any free time which had been harder to find then she expected. Getting them all arranged was another story but she was quite pleased with the finally outcome and she hoped her creativity would maybe win her a trophy from the costume contest. She had won three out of her four years entering so far and she felt like she had to keep up her streak, even if she felt a little half hearted about the whole thing at the moment. She saw her friends but kept to herself, and told herself she liked watching people anyways. Poppy sighed and took a sip of the drink she was glad to have since it kept her hands busy.

Chloë usually enjoyed the halloween party they had at hogwarts, even if she never ended up putting a whole lot of time and effort in her outfits like she knew some other students did. Considering the only thing she had managed a year or two ago was to turn her hair blonde and call it a day she never much expected a whole lot from the costume contest either, but she still liked showing up. Nevertheless, she was still quite pleased with the simple dress and red cape she had on and she had even managed to get a little woven basket to hang around her arm which would definitely be useful for sneaking a few of the leftover snacks back to her dorm at the end of the evening. All in good fashion of course since she had some sort of responsibility now. As she entered the hall Chloë looked around to see if she noticed any of her friends, which was always a bit more difficult at halloween when she didn't exactly know what they were all dressed as. After walking around for a second she spotted Poppy standing alone, curious to get a closer look at what the girl was wearing since she had some fun costumes in the years before. "Hey." She smiled when she reached her classmate, admiring the moths that were fashioned around her. "Those are so pretty. Did you make them yourself?"

Poppy froze with her cup half way between to her mouth when she heard someone greet her, but was relieved to see it was Chloe. She relaxed and smiled at the other girl as she took in her red ridding hood costume, which was cute and recognizable. She had gotten a bit distracted and blinked when she remembered she had been asked a question. "Oh these?" she asked, and reached up to touch them again. Poppy never realized how much she touched her hair until she decided it was a good idea to put things in it. "Yes, I cut them out and painted them myself." she answered brightly, glad she wasn't the only one who thought it looked nice. "It took forever." she admitted with a laugh. "You look nice too." she added quickly, not wanting to be rude and feeling a bit awkward as she tried not to stare.

Chloë nodded when Poppy reached up to touch the moths in her own hair, still a bit in awe of how good they looked. It almost made her feel bad about how little effort she always put into her own halloween costumes but at the same time as long as she had fun anyways she couldn't actually be bothered. Especially not with so many other things going on. "Looks like it was worth it though." She chuckled when Poppy mentioned making the moths had taken forever. "They honestly look super good." She added, always a little envious of people who were creative, who could come up with things like that and make it look good in the process as well. Things like that definitely weren't for her and she was sure that if she'd tried anything like that it would've just ended up looking like a three year old made it. "Thanks. I figured it was an easy costume, just throw on the cape and go." Chloë smiled, never bothering to even try and make it look like she had put a lot of effort in. "This," She started, giving the small basket on her arm a little pat, "Might just turn out to be the best part of it though. I reckon I could easily turn myself into a walking snack table." She finished jokingly, although the thought of stacking some snacks in there so she could just roam around whilst still having access to the snacks had definitely been on her mind.

Poppy smiled at the compliment. “Thank you.” she said sweetly before having an idea. “Do you want one?” she asked curiously. She had made plenty and she doubted loosing one would make a big difference. Besides it wasn't like she was going to have much use for them after tonight. “I think I can spare one.” she encouraged with a laugh. Poppy watched carefully as Chloe demonstrated the practical use of her basket. “Very clever." she agreed. "Everyone knows that the worst part of parties is when you can’t eat something. Problem solved.” she added before laughing again.

Sully had already wasted half the Halloween feast trying to shake off René after he'd tried to follow him around half the night. He was still peeved that René had straight up stolen his costume idea, even after Sully had told him not to while they'd been packing for school back home. Now though, he was little brother free and ready to get mingling.

He grinned when he spotted Chloë, throwing an arm around her waist and resting his chin on her shoulder where she was talking to Poppy Perkins. Poppy was a bit of a quiet nerd he thought, but she had bugs in her hair tonight which was kinda cool. "Hey, someone say snacks? Hey, Poppy. You have real snacks in there?" Sully asked, poking at Chloë's basket. "You could probably smuggle half the feast back upstairs if you play it right. After-party in the common room?" He asked with a grin.

Chloë's eyes lit up when Poppy asked her if she wanted one of the moths. It seemed like a small gesture but after being told how much time the girl had spend on it she almost felt hesitant to say yes. Even if it would be fun to put it on the handle of her little basket. Her hair didn't really seem like an option since that meant she'd have to take her hood off. "That'd be cool." She nodded eventually when Poppy said she could spare one. "Right? Why waste time heading back to the snack table when I could just take the snack table with me." She laughed when Poppy brought up the issue of not having snacks. The snacks definitely were one of the best aspects of their school parties though, asides from just having fun with friends.

Chloë smiled when she suddenly felt an arm around her waist and a chin or her shoulder, turning her head to give Sully a kiss on his cheek. "Not yet." She laughed when he asked about the snacks, not even surprised that his thoughts had gone in the same direction as her own had when she thought about the basket. Even if hers had been scaled down quite quickly when she had realized sneaking a basket full off snacks out of the hall might not be the best thing to do. Unless she was sure they'd be throwing they away otherwise. "I mean I was thinking more about smuggling a respectable amount back to my dorm. I'm sure Emma would be thrilled."

Poppy's smile widened as Chloe said yes, and she reached up and unpinned one of the moth's that she had trouble with all night because it kept bumping into the one next to it. She handed it over gingerly and gave her the pin that was holding it in places as well, just in case she needed it. "Well there you go." she said proudly but before she could say anything else they were joined by Chloe's boyfriend. "Hi Sully." Poppy greeted politely but instantly felt herself shrink a little. She didn't know much about him except that he was on the quidditch team with her and Emma. He seemed nice enough, but was a bit louder than she was usually comfortable with especially right now. She shifted her weight and laughed lightly at his idea to smuggle food up to the common room. She didn't have much to add but took a moment to try and spot Emma or Iris with little luck.

Sully wordlessly watched Poppy hand over one of her moths, deciding it must have been a girl thing. He shook his head in disappointment when Chloë revealed she hadn't managed to fill her basket with food, though he didn't miss the 'yet' tacked on there. "Aw, c'mon, you gotta share, it's Halloween," he said, poking Chloë gently in the side. "You'd share, aye Poppy? Do Ravenclaws throw big ragers up in the towers?" Sully couldn't imagine it, but he did enjoy the mental imagine, trying to envision kids like Emily Underwood cutting loose for a bit, lollie wrappers everywhere.

Chloë smiled when Poppy handed her one of the moths, admiring how well made it was for a second before trying to attach it to her small, woven basket. It gave it a nice little touch and she could appreciate the gesture. "Thanks, I'll take good care of it." She chuckled when she had finally managed to attach it to the basket, barely noticing how the conversation had just gone a little silent whilst she was busy attaching the moth. She laughed when Sully poked her in the side. "We'll see." She joked when he mentioned sharing because it's halloween. She still wasn't even sure whether she would actually end up getting snacks in her basket. Although there was always the possibility of putting some in there for now and simply forgetting they were there when she went back up to the common room. "I'm sure they do. Right?" Chloë smiled when Sully mentioned the ravenclaws throwing parties but still curiously looked at Poppy to hear whether it was actually true or not. She couldn't imagine them not having a little party every now and then, just possibly a little less loud and obnoxious than those involving only gryffindors were.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back