Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Sexual Orientation
Heterosexual
Wand
Curly 11 1/2 Inch Flexible Vine Wand with Chimera Scale Fragment Core
One of Lyra's favorite things about living in California was the simplicity of life. Or perhaps the weather. It had been just a little over six months since the birth of her twins and 9 months since her escape from the wizarding world, and much had changed for Lyra since then. She lived in a small, remote house by the beach, worked in a little coffee shop down the road, did sunrise yoga every morning, and had her wand firmly hidden in the bottom of her sock drawer. Still, as happy as she was, Lyra felt guilt about how she abandoned Ezra and her family. She had been thinking about it for some time, and it was weighing heavily on her to reach out to him with her apology. For the first time in many, many months, Lyra actually sent one of the letters she wrote to Ezra Cade.

Lyra arrived early to the coffee shop two towns over where she had said she would meet Ezra if he decided to show up. She wasn't sure that he would. Her two small children slept peacefully in the stroller next to her. Lyra looked different. Her hair was darker, and she was once again slim and fit. Her hair was pulled up and she had on muggle exercise clothing. She only hoped they would remain that way while she attempted to apologize--not that she really expected forgiveness.

It had been nine months since Lyra had walked out and disappeared without a trace. Ezra had used every resource he had, including some of the resources at the disposal of his family members, chiefly James and Alexander. It was all for nought, where ever Lyra had gone, she was completely off the grid. He hadn't given up, he had hired a couple of muggle private investigators to search for her, focusing mainly on Australia, the UK and the US. If she wanted to get away he didn't think she'd remain in the country. Ezra would never give up his efforts to find her but privately he was beginning to give up hope of his efforts being successful.

That was at least until a letter arrived at the Cade manor. He wouldn't have believed it was from her if not for the fact he'd know her handwriting anywhere. She was alive which had come as a relief and wanted to meet. Ezra had put the letter to one side and considered over a few days whether he would meet her as she wanted. He had wanted to find her to make sure she and the children were safe, that appeared to be the case, but did he really want to see her? Lyra had abandoned him, after everything they had been through together and it had taken her nine months to reach out.

Ezra's resolve had always been weak when it came to Lyra so it wouldn't have been a surprise to anyone when he apparated to the small town in California where she was staying. Their meeting point was a small cafe in one of the most muggle heavy places he'd ever seen. Ezra had always hated California, it had to be there that Lyra had found herself living in her isolation. Ezra pushed opened the door to the cafe and spotted Lyra across the room, a stroller by her side. The feeling of seeing her again, alive, healthy, indescribably beautiful as ever, was something he'd never be able to put into words. Ezra walked up to the counter, ordered a coffee to be sent over to the table and he walked over to her and wordlessly took a seat in the chair opposite her. Ezra was happy to see her, but he wanted to know the reason she had summoned him before he admitted to anything.

Lyra had completely embraced the muggle way of life. She had found something so freeing about it. It was blissful to slip into the oblivion where no one knew her and no one expected anything of her. There was a missing piece though and Lyra knew she owed him an apology. Her green eyes looked towards the door as it opened. Her eyes followed the familiar figure as he went to the counter before sliding into the seat across from her. Her stomach flipped anxiously in her stomach as she tried to read his mood. Lyra knew what she had done was unforgivable but the brunette held out hope that he might forgive her anyways.

“Ez.” Lyra murmured, not sure where to begin. “Thank you for coming.” she said, pausing to take a sip of her tea. “I know I owe you more than this..I owe you so much more, but I wanted to apologize to you for running off like that. I know it doesn’t excuse things, but I was scared and hurt and betrayed, and I ran. It was all too much, and I was weak. I asked you here because I miss you, and I wanted to let you know I’m okay. I’ve tried writing you, but I could never bring myself to send the letters. I’m sorry it too me this long.” the young mother said, her voice calm and even. She had done a lot of healing mentally and emotionally over the last six months. Lyra knew Ezra might get up and walk out without another word, but at least she had apologized.

Ezra sat and listened, Lyra's words interrupted briefly as the waitress brought his coffee. He picked up the cup and sipped it. It was disgusting, but he should have expected nothing less from a low rent cafe in a backwoods town. Ezra grimaced as he put the cup back down on the table, undecided if he would even pick it up again. His attention turned back to Lyra who was still talking, words seemed to be tumbling out her uncontrollably. He hated how good she looked, it made it difficult to be mad at her, but he was. Ezra had done something with Lyra he'd never done before. He let his guard down, he let her in and showed her a part of him even he didn't know existed. He was vulnerable with her and she had repaid that by leaving him and by her own words it seemed her reason for leaving was a betrayal. It all came back to Felix, it was never about him, he had just got caught in the crossfire of her relationship with Felix. Needless to say Felix had been fired as soon as it became clear Lyra wasn't coming back.

"I've been looking for you for nine months, of course I came," He said flatly, braving another sip of the worst coffee he'd ever tasted. Ezra wanted to get more out of her, he wanted to know why someone else's betrayal had pushed her away from him. She knew he would have gone with her without a moments hesitation. He'd have done anything for her. He just couldn't bring himself to ask the questions he wanted the answers to. "How are the twins?" Ezra asked instead.

Lyra was startled to hear that Ezra had been looking for her for nine months. She assumed he had looked for her at first, but like everyone else, gave up after his search yielded no results. It was specifically why she had been hiding in the muggle world without magic. “I’ve been in this area the whole time. I work at a coffee shop, not this one but a similar one, and I teach a yoga class. I rent a tiny little cottage on the beach. It’s nothing like our home, but I still like it. I limos you despise it, but I like the muggle world. It’s easier.” she said, even though he didn’t ask.

Right at that moment, Ezra asked about the children. She smiled at him before looking down at the children. “They are perfect. They came a little earlier than they needed to, so we stayed in the hospital an extra week. Would you like to meet them?” she asked, reaching down into the pram. Lyra picked William up and handed him over to Ezra without waiting for an answer. “This is William James, and this is Kiera Hope.” she said softly, picking up her little girl. “I named him after you. I hope you don’t mind.” Lyra said softly as she looked up at Ezra. She loved him most, but she had realized it too late.

Lyra was right when she said he probably hated the muggle world, he did, it was alien to him and a life without magic seemed like such a strange concept to him. He knew however that if Lyra had come to him and told him she wanted to him to run away with her to the muggle world, he would have dropped everything to be with her. Ezra didn't know what would be worse, Lyra not knowing he would have been willing, or knowing he would be and choosing not to ask him.

Before he had a chance to say anything Lyra handed him her baby boy. Ezra held the boy in his arms and raised his eyebrow at Lyra when she said she had named him after him. "Why would you do that?" He asked looking down at the baby. It was also strange to hear James as his middle name, he knew it was her father's name but he still couldn't shake the connection to his brother. A painful realisation hit Ezra when he realised that he could have been holding his son. He didn't know if Lyra had ever found out who the father of her babies were, he didn't know if he wanted to know, but there was every possibility they were his. Ezra had been so engrossed in finding Lyra, it had escaped him that he could have become a father. "He has my eyes," He said quietly, unsure if Lyra could hear him, not caring if she did.

Lyra had never bothered to find out who the twins belonged to biologically. It wasn’t like she could test the DNA without a sample of the father, but she didn’t care to find out. It was either Felix or Ezra. She would have known if it was Lanithro by now. Quite frankly, Lyra wanted it to be Ezra instead of Felix. Ezra has continuously put her first. He was the only person in her life to do that. He deserved so much better than what he had gotten from Lyra. The brunette was well aware that she had made a huge mistake in throwing her life with him away. Too late for that now.

Lyra smoothed her daughter’s face before looking up at Ezra. “I love you, Ez. I know it might not seem that way and I know I don’t love well, but as far as I’m concerned, they are yours whether that’s biologically true or not.” she said, looking up into his eyes. “Not that you have to help me raise them or anything. I just wanted you to meet them at least once. I know you aren’t really a kid person.” Lyra said anxiously. She didn’t want him to think she expected anything from him. She didn’t deserve that after everything. The brunette watched Ezra with Will. He was gentle with the baby and said something that Lyra couldn’t quite make out.

Ezra heard the words from Lyra, they were rare and he knew she meant it. When Ezra had found out she was pregnant, he had felt how she was feeling now, he considered the twins his regardless of who their biological father was, there was a possibility they were his and that was all he cared about. William seemed to take to him and reached out to grabbed Ezra's finger, he wasn't sure how he could go back to New Zealand and leave his children behind. Lyra might not have expected anything from him, but that didn't mean Ezra would take the easy way out.

"I love you too," He said simply, not taking his eyes off his son. "But I don't know if I can trust you," Ezra added. He didn't know if he could trust her with his heart, he'd been opened himself up to her once and she had betrayed that. "Whatever happens I won't leave my children without their father," Ezra said as he picked up William and handed him back to his mother. Ezra wanted nothing more than to be able to trust her, to raise their children together as a family.

Lyra placed her little girl back down into the pram, still asleep before she looked back at Ezra. William was awake now and reaching out for Ezra. She smiled slightly as she watched them. This wasn't easy for her. The last six months had been the most peaceful time in her life. She had learned to let go of her mother's death and to let go of Felix. She couldn't go back in time and right all the wrongs, all the mistakes she had made in the last four years, and she didn't think she would do that even if she could. Every mistake Lyra had made put her on this path to where she was now. The brunette was finally happy.

It surprised Lyra that Ezra said he loved her. She had thought that love would have evaporated in the last nine months. Especially after everything she had put him through. But here Ezra was, promising not to leave the children without a father. whether or not they belonged to him biologically. Tears formed slightly in her green eyes, and she brushed them away quickly. He didn't trust her, but there was a chance he would some day. She took Will back, cradling him in her arms. "I know you don't trust me, and I understand. I hope you will come to see you can trust me. I'm not running away from you again. I won't hide." she said, looking back at him. "I'll give you my address. You can come and go as you like. I only ask that you don't tell anyone where I am. I'm finally happy and content. I know you might not understand it. I know my family won't understand it, but things are good for me here. Uncomplicated. No expectations. It's finally peaceful." she said, hoping he might understand even if he didn't like it.

Ezra believed Lyra when she said she wanted him to trust her again, he wanted to trust that she wouldn't leave again. If he could find a way to believe that, to trust her completely again, they could be a family. He listened as she told him about her new life, that it was peaceful, uncomplicated. She was finally happy, perhaps there wasn't even room for him in her new life, at least not in that way. "I'm glad you're happy Lyra, I'm just sorry you couldn't tell me you needed to leave," Ezra absentmindedly took a sip of the coffee on the table now his arms were free and grimaced again. "I hope your cafe has better coffee than this swill," He said putting it back down. "I understand needing a chance, finding happiness in an unexpected place, I get it and I won't tell a soul where you are,"

Guilt washed over Lyra as Ezra spoke about wishing she had told him she needed to leave. It had never been his fault. She hadn't treated Ezra fairly in the slightest. She put William back in the pram with his sister before turning her attention back to the man in front of her. The brunette took a moment to really look at him. He looked good.He was always handsome, but there was a guarded look in his face as if she was a poisonous spider ready to ensnare him at the first opportunity. "I'm sorry I abandoned you, but I think I needed time on my own to heal. I wasn't thinking when I left. I just had to get out of there. Away from Felix and the hurt. I thought it would be better for you in case I didn't make it through." she said, quietly. Lyra reached down into her bag and pulled out a stack of letters. They detailed the last nine months of her life. "I wrote these, but I wasn't brave enough to send them after what I did to you. I'm not scared anymore, and I think you should have them. You can read them or burn them, but they were always meant for you." she said, looking back at his face. "I love you most, but I didn't fully realize it until I lost you. I think that's my tragic flaw." she said with a small smile. "Thank you for keeping my secret. I'm sure I will eventually tell my family, but I'm not ready yet."

Ezra understood what Lyra had been through, he knew he never had her heart, at least not 100%. He could appreciate that what happened with Felix had hurt her. Ezra wouldn't have liked it, but knowing how what happened made her feel, knowing she needed time, would have helped. He would have fought her on it, but if she had left having told him, he wouldn't have had to put his life on hold while he tried to find her. Felix reached out and took the letter, he would read them but he would do so in his own home, he wouldn't put Lyra through the experience of having the read in front of her. "Thank you," He said stood up from his chair. Ezra had heard all he needed to and now he had the letters to read and he knew where Lyra was, he would be back. "I'll be in touch," He said as he began to walk away but before he did, he looked down at his sleeping children with a smile and reached down to kiss Lyra gently on the cheek. "You haven't lost me,"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back