Blood Status
Half Blood
Relationship Status
Seeing Somebody
Sexual Orientation
Derek<3
Wand
Curved 10 Inch Rigid Rosewood Wand with Unicorn Hair Core
The blonde was glad that her life started to become a bit happier with getting some positions after all. It wasn't everything she wanted or Evelyn had, but she tried her best to life up to the expectations she put on herself. She had to accept that she was not Evelyn and not Emilia. She was different and she was feeling more confident thinking like that. Becoming the Social Chair for Heta Omega and being accepted by an friend of Evelyn's for working at Gladrags was good. Evelyn had worked there too, so it was nice to keep it into the family. And Amber was a really nice boss, so what else did she wanted? Athena wanted to help Amber out and perhaps even sell stuff at school if that was allowed. Doing things for herself and letting people know she was here. Athena wanted something for her own too. She found her way to the student lounge a room where she liked coming. Where she made friends or just heard people talking to eachother or doing what they liked.

The blonde walked further and wasn't exactly sure if she had to go to the person who she saw sitting there. But he didn't seemed that happy, so she could not ignore it. Her cousin's ex boyfriend, he now was. And Athena had no idea how that happend. Derek and Emilia seemed so happy together and perfect. He called her princess or something and Athena could only dream of that kind of stuff. She had been jealous of her cousin about that kind of love she had. She had not spoken to Emilia yet, and was sure she had different friends she would go to first. But she didn't liked it when her cousin would be hurt. But every story had two sides, so perhaps Derek could use someone to talk to. But the blonde was just curious too. She slowly walked towards the Slytherin prefect and smiled shortly when taking a seat next to him. '' Hey..'' She than said friendly. '' How are you doing?'' She than continued. She didn't knew Derek that well. But he seemed like a really sweet boy, so she could not think of him hurting Emilia. Perhaps Emilia wasn't exactly like Athena knew it, perhaps she had changed too? She had changed from the outside for sure that was one thing.

Derek had been feeling rather melancholy, with his break up with emilia, everything had been a little more dull. Quidditch and flying being his only real reprieves, they were where his mind could just shut down and focus on the task at hand, everything else would just remind him of her, of them. Even if things really hadn’t been good towards the end. Derek had set up in the student lounge as everyone else had gone to dinner, studying didn’t keep him all that distracted. He didn’t know why this was affecting him so much, the relationship had been crumbling away for a while before he had finally broken it off. Perhaps he’d been a bit harsh in how he’d broken it off. His parents had always told him it was important to handle break ups like gentlemen, to take the person aside to sit down, to explain what was happening but he hadn’t been able to follow that, his emotions hand taken over and it had all just come blurting out of him, in an unkind and perhaps rather cruel manner. But he really hadn’t meant for that. Emilia still did in some regards mean a great deal to him. No matter what had happened, it had still be a long and good relationship for the most part. She had been his first crush, his first kiss and he had at the time thought there would be no one else for him, but things had changed, he had changed, she had changed. His thoughts muddled him away from his homework, away from what he was supposed to be doing. He wasn’t looking for any distractions and was hoping to just get a little more work done.
Derek was broken out of his thoughts when a voice spoke, first greeting him and then asking how he was. Derek didn’t know Athena all that well, he knew she was linked to Emilia, they were cousins or something. He shrugged at her question, meeting her gaze and just giving a little smile. ”I’ve had better days,” he replied honestly. Though he wasn’t sure how honest he should be with her. Since she and Emilia were related or at the very least friends, he didn’t want to end up getting accused of getting in the middle of that, he didn’t want Athena to end this conversation by getting annoyed him, which maybe she was. He didn’t see the point much in lying. He was finding it hard, halloween had gone well, but it just hadn’t been the same as it once had. He felt overwhelmed and a lot of the time, he’d see Emilia and he just wanted to go home. Forget about school, OWLs, quidditch and everything else and just lay in bed at home. But of course he couldn’t do that. ”How are you?” he asked back, closing over some of the books he had in front of him over, since he hadn’t exactly been studying all that well. ”Hows Emilia doing?” he couldn’t help but ask, his voice cracking a little as he spoke. He probably shouldn’t, Athena didn’t want to get in the middle of it, but he just wanted to be sure she was doing okay. Or as well as could be expected.

The blonde didn't want her cousin to feel like she was siding with someone. She didn't even knew Derek that well, but he seemed like a nice boy and someone she would like to hang out with. She had a lot of female friends, and she had some interest in hanging out with boys too lately, perhaps in a wrong way but she noticed boys now more. She had no intention at all in that with Derek though she just wanted to know how he was doing. And he was here first than she saw Emilia. Her cousin didn't runned of to her yet and talk about it so? Athena put her leg above the other and looked around the room for a moment before Derek answered her. She gave him a small smile, ofcourse he would not have the best day of his life. He was honest at least and not telling her that he was doing fine and all. '' Sorry for hearing that.'' The blonde than replied back. She had no idea if there was anything she could do to help him or feel better because she had no idea what the situation was only that they had broke up. And perhaps he didn't even want to talk about it or have her here. She would find out soon. Athena felt like she could be a good listener if he wanted to clear his mind. He than asked her back and ofcourse that was something you did, but that didn't seemed that important right now. '' I'm doing okay. Thanks.'' Athena than said in return and smiled shortly again. Sometimes when she was a bit nervous or didn't knew how to act she just smiled. But than he started about Emilia and that seemed like a opening for her to ask. '' I'm not sure. I didn't spoke to her yet. She didn't came to me. We are not that close as we used to be. So..'' Athena said honest. She had no idea how Emilia was doing. When her cousin would need her she would be there ofcourse, but they both changed and went their seperate ways in this school at some point. And that was fine. '' So what did happen between you guys? If I may ask.'' The blonde than asked straightforward. She just wanted to know. Athena didn't want him to think she was here on a war path for Emilia. She could not judge about anything if she didn't knew what happend she thought.

Derek watched as she took a seat and gave a small shrug at her words, he was a little tentative with Athena, since she was related to Emilia and he had no idea how close the two were, Emilia had never really talked about it. The teen nodded when she said that she was doing okay and when she went on to describe how Emilia was doing, he shook his head. He shouldn’t have asked that. It was unfair of him. ”I shouldn’t have asked,” was all he said with an apologetic look. Then she asked what had happened. Perhaps this was Emilia’s way of getting to the root of what had happened, but he didn’t particularly believe that she was capable or willing of that. He had no real evidence to show that she would send Athena to find out the information that she clearly wanted. Or had wanted. Derek just shrugged, ”I think we just grew up, and we changed and it wasn’t the same any more,” he still deeply cared for Emilia and didn’t want to disparage her at all.
”I think we both knew it was coming, but I was comforting a friend of mine who’d just broken up with her boyfriend, and Emilia saw us and threw accusations my way, and I just knew I couldn’t keep going. I didn’t care for her in the same way I once had,” It was the first time he said his concerns about the relationship out loud, the first time he’d talked about what had gone wrong. Maybe if he’d spoken up some more, perhaps if they hadn’t just pretended it was always sunshine, daisies, princess and princes. ”Maybe if we’d actually talked a bit more, or I’d brought up that I felt we were drifting then it could’ve been saved, but it’s too late now,” He felt a little bad for unloading all of it on to Athena, but once he’d said everything, he took a deep breath and the weight on his shoulders seemed to feel lighter. He flashed a slightly better, easier smile at Athena, as a way of saying thanks for listening without saying it. Maybe she’d be annoyed at him for it, but at least he’d finally been able to say it.

The blonde looked at Derek who seemed to be regretting his question but Athena was kind of open about her feelings and difficult stuff so she was ok with it. She didn't want to feel in he middle of the two or choose a side. It seemed obvious that she would side with Emilia, but as she thought before she had to know first how things happend. And she would judge only after speaking both. The blonde shook her head to Derek and smiled sweet. '' It is no problem! I'm not here to hear you out or do anything or take revange for Emilia. I'm not gonna judge about you. I don't even know what happend between you guys. '' The blonde than said. She loved making new friends and she wanted to get to know Derek better since he seemed a sweet person.Athena didn't liked it when people would judge her too. Often people did bu just looking at her and not knowing her at all. And Derek soon opened up to her and she went sitting straight to listen to him. She liked talking to Mazi her best friend also, when she had something on her mind. And Mazi could do the same. That was what real friends did. So if Derek needed her as a friend she could be perhaps. The blonde only nodded about his explanation. Emilia grew up for sure it seemed and people could change for sure.

Derek than went in detail about him comforting a friend and it seemed that Emilia had been a bit jealous. She didn't thought that cwas possible but Athena had known jealous feeelings too. Emilia seemed to be judging too soon it seemed, but Athena had no idea where that came from. She could understand seeing her boyfriend with someone else would be hard perhaps. '' I'm sorry to hear that. And you could not explain to her what was going on that moment? She would not listen? Or didn't you get a change to?'' Athena than asked Derek trying to understand where it came from. '' But feelings are feelings. You can't change them. Better than pretend to someone right?'' The blonde than said to not make Derek feel more bad. But than Derek answered her question a bit, but you could always look back and want to change things or things like what if you did it that way? Athena would want to change some things too but than you needed a time turner and that was not the case. '' Did you guys talked after once? Or do you give eachother some space?'' Athena than asked. And before she knew it she put her hand on his shoulder as comfort. '' I'm sure things will be fine after a while. You can't force things. Perhaps you will get a chance to explain if you want to. Do you think you can stay friends? '' The blonde than asked to Derek. Athena was sure Derek had other friends too, but he seemed kind of sad and she would offer her help. ''And if you need to talk or anything or do something fun to take of your mind you can search for me for sure.'' Perhaps it would be strange for Emilia that she would comfort Derek. But she just runned into him here and now, and if it was someone else that she didn't know she would do the same and offer the same. She took her hand slowly back and smiled.

Last edited:
Derek was a little reassured when she said that she didn’t mind him talking about it, of course, that there was no judgement. With so few friends, and the distinct impression that Diana was possibly avoiding him, he didn’t have anyone to talk to about it. The teen found a little smile on his features in reaction to her words. It was nice to just be listened to. Nice to have someone try to understand it from his perspective or at the very least hear him. Derek nodded at what she said, he got the impression that they’d never been pretending with the feelings but they had just changed and neither of them had really listened. He had still cared about Emilia, he still did to a degree but things had just changed and it wasn’t the same. He did agree with her that it was better to break up than to pretend to someone, and he knew that was the point he had reached, somewhat in a different way from what he’d thought, but it hadn’t mattered all that much how it had all happened, it had happened and now here he was. He shook his head, he hadn’t reached out to Emilia since they’d broken up, he’d thought about it when he’d seen her in his classes or in the hall, but he had decided it against it every single time. He was giving her some space and taking it from himself.
”I think we’re done for good in terms of being together, maybe years down the line, but I don’t think so,” Derek gave a little shrug, he didn’t know about if they could ever be friends, ”I don’t know about friends, probably not, not for a while either, I don’t think I’d manage to be just her friend for a while,” he knew that it would be hard to see her with someone else, that it would be hard to be friends for a long while with this history between them. He did feel a little bad for saying so much to Athena about it, even if she was reassuring him that she was okay with it, especially as she placed a hand on his shoulder. ”I really appreciate that Athena,” he told her honestly, ”I think I’m realising in all this, I spent so much time with Emilia, or studying and with Quidditch, I don’t have that many friends,” Derek gave him a little smile as he spoke, though it probably sounded a little sad. ”How’s your semester going? Better than mine I hope?”

Athena said next to Derek and looked at the people walking in or out for a moment. She had no idea what Emilia would think if she would walk in. Athena felt like she didn't knew Emilia anymore now she heard Derek his side. But she could not judge yet since she didn't spoke to her cousin yet. On the other hand she was proud of Emilia for sticking up for herself, since she usually just stayed silent and was fine with everything. But the outcoming result was not nice ofcourse. Athena listened as Derek told about Emilia and him and how he felt right now. He seemed to be negative about chances of them coming back together and that seemed to be saying he was done with it. '' Space should be the best thing right now I'm guessing. But honestly I don't have experiance so don't listen to me.'' Athena than said and grinned shortly trying to keep things a bit light and positive still. '' I though hope you can stay friends. You seemed cute together. But people change. And so can feelings I guess.'' Athena figured Derek had nothing of this right now, she could not give advice or anything just what she would think of her point of view would be. And she smiled shortly.

He seemed to be fine with her hand on his shoulder and she put him away when he said he appreciate what she did and said. Athena smiled friendly back. Athena nodded for a moment she understood him a little bit. She and Mazi were always together and best friends and she sometimes forgot other people. Perhaps even Emilia for a moment, but she was busy with Derek and sometimes Jacob it seemed but in a friendly way than. '' I can be your friend? If you would like. I have one best friend Mazi she is in Gryffindor too. But we spent so much time together that I sometimes forget the rest. I would like to have more friends.'' Athena than responded and smiled. It was not that Mazi wasn't enough for her she was the best, but she didn't had the feelings for a girl that Mazi had. Athena started to notice boys more and she felt confident hanging out with one right now. It was just different than with a girl. She grinned for a moment. Derek seemed to be funny too and seeing stuff on the bright side. '' My semester is ok. I wanted to achieve stuff this year that didn't worked out. But I got other stuff that I really like now too, so that makes a bit up for it. '' Athena than explained.

Derek smiled sympathetically at Athena when she said she didn’t have much experience in dealing with this sort of situation. He didn’t either really. He hadn’t thought he and Emilia would break up. Things hadn’t been right for a while but that in his mind would be worked on, it was just the last straw recently that had broken them up. ”I don’t have much experience either, it’s just what feels right,” he liked thinking that maybe they could be friends again, but he also didn’t think it could happen soon and he hardly wanted it to either, he was not in a place to be able to. Not yet. He just smiled at her and nodded. The boy appreciated her hand on his shoulder, and appreciated the kindness she was showing him. He knew he’d gotten so wrapped up in Emilia and everything else that he lacked friends. He wasn’t sure how to reach out to others, especially when he knew that Emilia had far more friends and he didn’t want to end up trying to be friends with someone who was friends with Emilia and perhaps had a much lower opinion of him. He had to give Athena a little smile when she offered to be his friend. He had to smile at that, he was just surprised and appreciative of her kindness towards him. ”I might take you up on that,” he joked with her but he was quite genuine. He listened as she talked about her own semester, probably fairing better than his own. He was curious about it, ”How so? What didn't work out?” he asked, he knew their friendship was tentative, but if she was having problems he’d be happy to hear about them as she had been with his.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back