Muggleborn
Relationship Status
Married
Sexual Orientation
hetrosexual
Wand
Knotted 12 1/2 Inch Sturdy Fir Wand with Thestral Tail Hair Core
here.

I won't be watching any of it, and I had decided not to when they cancelled it. I'm very much a purist with eurovision, I don't listen to any of the songs before hand and have to watch it live.

I didn't host my eurovision party the last couple of years because of outside factors so I was looking forward to it this year. Everyone just gets trashed and we argue loudly about countries. The social aspect was always what I loved about eurovision so I am deeply sad that it is not happening - as much as it was 100% right to cancel it.

I am sad too, especially as it is the first time in my lifetime that my home country is hosting it.

I wasn't going to watch it but I'm somewhat tempted now xD

Can somebody explain for those of us without the pleasure of being a Eurovision nation what's happened? What is there to possibly watch if it is cancelled?

Can somebody explain for those of us without the pleasure of being a Eurovision nation what's happened? What is there to possibly watch if it is cancelled?
The competition has been canceled, but because of Eurovision rules all the songs that were made for the contest can't be used next year. So this year they have a tv program where they show off all the songs the different countries made for this year and say a bit about the artists and show bits of Eurovision history.

That's silly.
Why couldn't they still do some form of a vote if they're still doing some program for it, anyway?

I'd guess because now they only showed parts of the songs and only from the official clips as no one could actually come here to perform, which is kind of a fundamental part of the show.

The show as alright but it was a bit boring too, I won't lie xD

And because it isn’t just a program like The Voice, there is unprecedented history when it comes to television shows, so to become part of the winners of the list of Eurovision winners, they simply didn’t just give someone the title based on their clips. The live part of the acts makes it so hard to win, anyone can edit a song to make it sound better: but doing it live is what counts in eurovision. I guess that’s why they didn’t do a winner this year.

And I agree @Amber Chou Wilson without the screaming audience and the whole hype, it just missed something tonight

It would also cheat us out of our year of hosting a bit if we had to give it up again after this year xD

That as well!!

for the Americans and other non-European or Australian peepz: that’s because the winning country is the host the following year. So all 40+ artists and fans come to that country etc. So it would be sad if The Netherlands had to miss out on that as well

And while it is expensive to host it also brings a lot of tourism to the country and is a great way to advertise the country to others. And I was looking forward to seeing what the Netherlands did.
so what is everyone’s favourite song this yoear.
I have been listening to them on Spotify (no video) and cleopatra was one that always stood out to me. I don’t know what country it is from mind you.

And while it is expensive to host it also brings a lot of tourism to the country and is a great way to advertise the country to others. And I was looking forward to seeing what the Netherlands did.
so what is everyone’s favourite song this yoear.
I have been listening to them on Spotify (no video) and cleopatra was one that always stood out to me. I don’t know what country it is from mind you.

I'm listening to the Spotify playlist too. Not all the way through yet, but I really like Think About Things by Dadi Freyr ^_^

There are lots of good songs to dance to (not sure if that's typical of Eurovision?)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back