OOC First Name
Cyndi
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Single
Wand
Knotted 12 Inch Rigid Larch Wand with Mermaid Scale Core
It was a day after the Gryffindor match and Jacob was still going on about the victory. He'd been going on the entire walk from class, talking about different aspects of the game and quite happy for the audience. "And if Ravenclaw or Slytherin loses pretty quickly, we still can take second place" he declared to the person beside him. It did still bug him that the team wasn't going to be playing in the championship game, but at least they weren't last. Jacob would take that. With a small wave as his friend headed in a different direction, Jacob grabbed onto the straps of his backpack and continued on, humming with some content to himself. He was having a pretty good day so far.

Analei was feeling good. Even if Hufflepuff had lost their match, Analei had a lot of good things happening for her at the moment, and was actually enjoying things other than studying. Of course, the other things made things like Quidditch and dueling seem not as important as they used to be, but she did still try hard at the things. Even if they weren't as important as Edmund and her friendships, they were still quite important.
Analei was heading to her Common room, when her "nothing can bring me down!" mood was jolted. Of course it had to be Jacob heading towards her. In a school that big, of course it was him she would run in to. Analei felt herself actually pause where she took a deep breath before continuing forward.

Jacob quickly stopped humming when he spotted the girl approaching him. It was Analei, and she was enough to sour anyone's mood. Besides, if she heard him whistling, even if it was a song like happy birthday to her, she'd be likely to take offense just because it was him humming it. Jacob was sure he was keeping his face neutral and he certainly didn't make eye contact with her, but in reality, a small eye roll escaped him as he tightened his fingers around the straps of his bookbag and continued in her direction.

Jacob seemed in a pleasant enough mood, and Analei could only guess it was about Quidditch, and she matched his eye roll with one of her own. She definitely wasn't in the mood to deal with him or any of his issues, so she kept her mouth shut, eyes straight ahead as she made her way back to her common room.

Analei hadn't paid much attention to the final games of Quidditch. Hufflepuff had lost both their games, so had obviously come last, and she didn't want to go and watch anyone else play. She could have gotten behind Ravenclaw, but Edmund didn't seem to care too much about Quidditch, so it would have just been energy wasted. With Quidditch over, she was able to focus the rest of her energies on the piano (and what came with it) and studying. She was spending more time in the Common Room again, which is where she was headed as she saw the very person that always made her angry. Analei let out an audible groan.

Jacob couldn't stop talking about the final quidditch match of the year. The Slytherin Beaters had been on fire, knocking player after player out of the game. He'd been pretty envious of their luck and skill, and he was determined to push himself harder and faster for the next season. As he made his way upstairs after running some drills with a friend, Jacob was still chatting about it. "Yeah, we were pretty lucky to end up in second. I mean I'll take it but next year I want Gryffindor to win the cup..." He'd been talking someone's ear off for a few moments when he heard a groan near him. Jacob only had to turn his head slightly before he recognized that stupid blonde head. He turned back to who he'd been talking to and continued his assessment of the season. "...yeah, my friend Abian is one of the 'puff chasers. The good one" he added pointedly, knowing Analei would hear it.

Of course Jacob was talking about Quidditch. Even though his team didn't win, of course he would be acting like they did. He was so conceited and full of himself, Analei wondered how anyone ever saw any goodness in him. It wasn't like he had even played that well in the game. At his last sentence, Analei felt her skin crawl and her anger bubble up. Ignoring the voice telling her to keep walking, she swiveled and bee-lined for the boy. "Are you actually for real, Jacob Kingsley?" Analei called out as she moved towards him, anger flooding her. "You realize that I actually played a better game than you did? You talk a whole lot of - of sh*t about yourself, but that's all it is - it's sh*t." Analei said, further angry-ing herself for swearing. It was all the Gryffindor's fault.

It was almost as if Jacob had been waiting for Analei to turn on him because as she did, he immediately threw his hands up, a smirk flitting across his face before he glanced at who he'd been speaking to with a poor attempt at disbelief. "What?" he asked, his voice full of question as if he had no clue what had brought her back. He listened to her, his mouth dropping open as she cursed. Jacob had figured she was too prissy for that kind of thing. "Did you though? Did you really?" he asked, his eyes narrowing, the smirk returning. "What place did you guys end up in again?" he added, his voice dropping to a whisper.

Analei felt her blood boil as Jacob dropped his voice, hiding the bully he actually was. It was infuriating that no one else knew how horrible he was! Even Kengi Smile sort her out, surprised that he could actually be such a herk. But he was. She shook her head in disbelief, he actually believed he did a good job. Taking a step back, Analei folded her arms. "Oh, you want to play this game? Okay Kingsley. How many people did you actually hit? None - right? But - you got hit with a bludger. Great beating skills there." Analei started, laying the sarcasm on thick. "And how many goals did Hufflepuff get before Gryffindor even showed up to the game? You're acting as if you won the title, but you're just riding on your team's success and skill - you did nothing. And people only like you because your mom is a Professor - so get your head out of your - ass and stop thinking any of your success or friendships are your own."

Jacob was unfazed by her attempts to discount his work this season. Sure, he'd been hit but so had nearly every person on the Ravenclaw team. The bludgers were just crazy this year. And speaking of crazy, Jacob did his best to appear bored as Analei continued getting worked up. "Where'd your goals get you?" he added pointedly. So Gryffindor had had a slow start. "Oh, right. In the basement." Jacob didn't care about attacks against his playing skills. He'd been playing quidditch for as long as he could walk, so he knew two things - both that he was good and that even good players had off days. And he'd made the team as a first year. Jacob could go back and forth all day on quidditch burns. He could take a joke.

But as Analei continued, she struck a nerve he wasn't even sure she knew truly was one. Jacob's smirk fell slightly, growing more grim. She was wrong. He'd earned his spot on the quidditch team. And there was no way his friends would be his friends because of his mom. No way. Jacob raised his eyebrows, not wanting her to see how much the comment had bothered him. He let out a humorless laugh. "My mom? Come on, Analei. Don't you know who my dad is? If you're gonna try to have a go at me, at least go for it. It's supposed to go 'people only like you because your dad was Minister for Magic' Get it right." The teen rolled his eyes before continuing. "But actually, people like me because I know how to take a joke aaaaaandmind my own business aaaaaand don't think I'm better or smarter than everyone I meet. Oh, and I know how to have fuuuun. You should try it some time." Jacob shook his head before trying to walk away, but he couldn't help but throw out one more dig. "...such a *****" he muttered under his breath.

Analei scowled when Jacob fought back about Quidditch, if goals didn't matter then why did the even have chasers and keepers? If they didn't matter, then the game should just purely be the seekers looking for the snitch. But Kingsley continued, and her eyes narrowed when he let out a laugh. She couldn't help but roll her eyes as he mentioned his dad - someone she had actually completely forgotten about. As he continued taking digs at her, Analei felt her heart heating up, her cheeks flushing. She knew how to have fun! Just because she only had one close friend, didn't mean she didn't know how to have fun. Then he swore at her. Called her such a horrible word, and even though she had sworn at him, she couldn't help but get angry at him - especially as he turned to walk away - running away after insulting her! "You're an ass Jacob Kingsley." Analei said after him. "You're an absolute *******. One day everyone will see you for the real you."

Jacob's mood had completely shifted, the dig about people only liking him for his parents was a sore spot. It wasn't something Jacob had actively thought about in a while, but as soon as she'd mentioned it, it overpowered a lot of other thought, an unresolved issue in his life. He heard Analei calling after him, calling him names. It felt good that he'd gotten such a rise out of her. She'd hurt his feelings, so to Jacob it felt only right that he'd hurt hers. He knew that was wrong, that his mom would expect better of him but in the moment it felt good. Jacob turned his head enough to call over his shoulder in an angry tone, "Takes one to know one!"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back