Blood Status
Muggleborn
Relationship Status
Seeing Somebody
Sexual Orientation
Renata <3
Wand
Knotted 13" Sturdy Pear Wand with Phoenix Tail Feather Core
Eugene had just had his last exam of the semester, of the year, end of his first year. He had come to the great hall, his books from the exam in hand and his wand and had just sat down at the end of the hufflepuff table. He cast a quick lumos and looked at the light from the wand. There was part of him that still expected to wake up and for all of this to have been just a really amazing dream, but it wasn't. He was a wizard, he had just spent a year learning about magic, he could do things his cousin could never imagine, things his mother would've never known. He loved everything about it, the people he'd met, Van, Charlie, the Sweet As boys, the other boys in his dorm, Crystal. He had never been so surrounded with friends, he had never worked as hard in his lessons, he had never had to learn as much and it had all been amazing, and now he'd be heading home and he could tell his cousin all about it. So, Eugene didn't know why he felt almost melancholy. He should be happy, he was doing well, he was a cool wizard, he had bandmates, dorm-mates, so why didn't he feel as on top of the world as he thought he should. It had been years since his mother's death and he didn't know why now, at the end of an amazing year instead of being happy he just missed her.

Louis couldn't help what times of the day that he happened to get hungry. He had just finished his exams and needed some food as he had lost most of his energy studying. The boy was relieved for the exams to be over with and couldn't help but be nervous for his third year. He would be taking a couple of new subjects and he hoped that they weren't going to be too bad. With a grumbling stomach, the boy entered the almost empty Great Hall. He knew that some people still had exams going on, and so he was sure the library was where most people were. The boy took a seat at the Hufflepuff table, piling some toast onto his plate and buttering it. He became distracted and looked up as a boy on the other side of the table lit the tip of his wand. He seemed unhappy and Louis couldn't help but be concerned. "Are you, um... okay?" Louis asked, wondering if it had something to do with the exams.

Eugene looked up as someone moved towards him and then gave a wide smile, forcing himself to appear more okay than he felt. Eugene gave a shrug, "I don't know bro, I've had a pretty good year, lots of friends, I'm starting a band with friends..but i'm just.....," he started strong, his smile wide and his tone strong, but it faded and his words went quieter and then failed entirely. He looked at the wand and then at the hall before looking back at the boy. "I....should be happy, like over the moon happy....but I dunno, bro," Eugene was sure he could name it. What was wrong, why he felt a little less happy than he should but he didn't really want to say it, it had been years since it had bothered him so much.

Louis noted the way that the boy always said 'bro'. It was an unusual one, but something he could get behind. The idea of starting a band seemed cool to Louis and he wanted to ask more about it, but thought cheering him up first was a better idea. "It'll get better, bro." Louis replied, very much forcing himself to use the term. He wasn't always one for giving advice, but thought it would be beneficial in the situation, especially if it meant he could potentially make a new friend. "I wasn't so happy about coming to Hogwarts either. I was pretty much scared of growing up... and I still am if I'm being honest. But I can assure you that it gets better." Louis smiled at him before picking up his toast and taking a bite out of it.

Eugene nodded a little, he was sure it would get better and it would get easier, it was the first time in a while he had missed his mother this bad, but it would get better, easier. He thought it was odd that this boy hadn't wanted to go to Hogwarts but he got not wanting to grow up. "It's not that really....I don't mind growing up...not really," he paused and gave a little sigh, "I appreciate the sentiment though bro, it'll get better," he told him with a little smile. "My mum died a while back...and I just can't share any of this with her, and I think that's why I feel sad..." he told the boy a weak smile on his face, trying to save face. "But you are right, it gets better, easier,"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back