Earth Hour: Where will you be?

Artemis Tuuri

The 31st of March 2007 marked the very first Earth Hour. Partnered with the World Wildlife Fund, 2.2 million Sydney residents and businesses turned off their lights and electrical appliances for one hour. By 2008, the whole world knew, and 50 million people all over this planet did the same. This year, on March the 28th, their aim is to have one billion people turn their lights off with the slogan, "Vote Earth by turning off your light switch".

For now, have your say: Will you be participating in Earth? Why/Why not?

I'm participating!! The time for Earth Hour is the same in every country. It's Earth Hour right now, actually :lol: Everything's off except the computer :unsure: But I'm doing homework, so it's okay :D Everyone else should participate!

Earth hour has just finished. I have taken part over the last two years. however this year i was an a free event held by the local council, and so didn't concisely switch off any lights, however my lights weren't on. so i reckon it counts

Apparently burning candles produces more carbon emissions than fluroscent lights...

My stepdad gets us to participate. Last year we switched the television off. It was a very dull hour. This year he kept the TV on so I kept the laptop on. To be honest, I just see it as a stunt. It doesn't really do that much at all. :unsure:

I'll probs do it and take a nap. xD

Dunno if I can keep my lappy on or not!

I will reduce the lights that are in use but I won't shut everything off. I would light some candles, but that is not the best choice with a little monkey running around the house. She would not leave them alone. :p

Earth Hour takes place at 8.30pm everywhere, so no, for most of world it hasn't happened yet.
It would be stupid if it took place at the same time.
For some people it would still be light (I'm ignoring people who live way, way north and south (?), where it is light for longer than this.)
Also, it might be in the middle of the night, so lights would be off anyway.

((Bah, I meant to post this at like 1pm (7 hours ago). ^_^ It made sense then... ))

I participated :)
I kept walking into walls and tripping over power cords XD
'Twas quite funny though. I had my Nintendo and my radio on though, so it wasn't too bad :p

for earth hour i celebrated by turning every light on in my house while blasting aerosmith on five stereos, turning on six table saws, spraying fifteen areosol cans at the sky, and strangling a baby panda bear. all while pouring pure gasoline down a drain.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back