eager flowers

Ferdinand Oakley

OOC First Name
Annaleise
Wand
Fir Wand 14 1/8" Essence of Sphinx Remains
Ferdinand had always been a get up and go kind of kid, he wanted to learn things first hand, with his own eyes rather than in a classroom. It got to him sometimes that he had to sit down and learn. But he never hated learning, so if he had to attend classes all day to learn things he would gladly obey. It was all for the sake of knowledge. Though like every other student, he was glad when his classes and finally finished for the day, because it meant he could spend more time with his friends! Believe it or not, Ferdinand was slightly more excited about today. He had slipped Kelsey a note yesterday asking her to meet him at the rosebush aka their usual place since he had quite a few things to talk to her about, but he mostly wanted to brag to her about his trip to Scotland these coming holidays. He couldn't wait, and by now Zeiva and Angela were tired of his excitement so who better to talk to about it than Kelsey? She was always a joy to talk to. He loved spending time with her because she was always happy, and nobody wants to spend time with a grumpy guts. She always seemed to brighten his day. On this cheerful note, Ferdinand sat himself down in the grass, half in a daydream as he waited for Kelsey to arrive. He wanted her to be here soon so he could tell her about his trip, he hoped she would be just as excited as he was.

Kelsey was in her usual excitable mood as she walked towards the Rosebush. The Rosebush was the first place that she and Ferdinand had meant and so she had dubbed it, "their place". Anytime they hung out together, it was usually in the Rosebush, of course sometimes they would go somewhere else, like if it was really cold, or really hot. She was glad for classes and exams to finally be over because now she could spend time with her friends. Pip had spent all of yesterday with Kieran and so now it was time for some-one else. She had stopped to chat with some of the other Hufflepuff's before heading out of the common room, but she didn't really know many. She was going to make it her mission to try to get to know every single first year. Then next year she would hopefully be able to make friends with most of them. She smiled as she thought about it. Coming up to the Rosebush, Pip smiled as she saw one of her very favourite people waiting for her. He was probably daydreaming, she would if it was her waiting there. Sometimes she thought that he must run to beat her, the Ravenclaw common room was in the tower. It amazed her that he managed to beat her to places. Though she had to admitt that she was very likely to stop and chat, so that was possibly how he managed it.

On that note, Pip plopped down on the grass next to her very good friend and grinned, holding out a packet of jelly babies. Pip had grown attached to them over the past year. She wasn't allowed to eat them at home, so whenever she was in Hogwarts, she made the most of them. "FERDI! I am ever so sorry!" She announced as she shook her head. "I almost completely forgot, I ran down as fast as I could, though I do get amazed at how you always manage to beat me everywhere, but then I thought about how I always get sidetracked and that made me think about it possibly being why I never beat you. Jelly baby?" She asked as she leaned back on the grass. She was really rather content.

Ferdinand jolted slightly at the sound of Kelsey's voice, she didn't need to yell, and it ruined the silence he was happily sitting in, nonetheless he was always happy to see his friend. Not even her yelling would annoy him. Somehow he could tolerate Kelsey much longer than he could any of his other friends; he would give them a piece of his mind without hesitation if they approached him yelling his name. But never Kelsey, he let her call him Ferdi for merlin's sake. He had never been his sarcastic and overly truthful self towards her; he was just as nice to her as she was to him. It was only fair. But he couldn't help but over analyse everything when they spoke, it was just his nature and he probably looked standoffish, maybe even rude. He couldn't care less though; Kelsey hadn't mentioned it yet so he assumed it wasn't a problem. What was a problem however was how Kelsey was frequently late when they arranged to meet at their usual spot. But he wasn't about to mention it, and managed a shrug once his friend mentioned being side-tracked. He was in too good of a mood to complain thanks to Kelsey's company. He didn't want a jelly baby though, he hated those things. Chocolate was way better than any other sweet, so the Ravenclaw politely declined Kelsey's offer with a shake of his head. He loved lots of different kinds of candy, but one thing he couldn't stand was jelly babies, or any candy with jelly in its name.

He chose to change the subject, suddenly remembering why he asked her to meet with him in the first place, his trip to Scotland! How could he forget! He had been thinking about it all day! "Aren't you wondering why I asked to hang out?" He asked his friend, a smile tickling his lips. He didn't let Kelsey answer though, choosing to answer the question himself because he just wanted to talk about his trip. "I'm going on holiday, in the holidays, to Scotland!" He exclaimed, beaming at Kelsey. Hopefully she wouldn't think a trip to Scotland was boring, he of course thought it was the best thing since sliced bread. He hadn't been out of New Zealand before, so the idea of learning about new places first hand was just amazing to him.

Pip liked the outdoors. All the beautiful colours made her mind whirl. She loved all the smells and light and everything. It was all just so Fantabulous. She loved the outdoors almost as much as she loved jelly babies, but not quite. She shrugged when Ferdinand declined and plopped one in her mouth, smiling at its sweetness. It just meant that there was more for her, so she didn't mind so much that he didn't want one. She slipped them into the pocket of her shorts and turned to smile at Ferdinand. She really liked him, he was so nice to her. He always let her talk and he didn't seem to mind that she was really loud or always late. They hung out alot, all the time and it was always at their Rosebush. She sometimes wondered if he called it that. She always did, she even described it to her twin as such. Kieran hadn't met Ferdi, but she was sure that they would run into each other at some point. They would surely be in some of the same classes right? Her an Kieran were sometimes so it would make sense to think such things, she was sure of it. She smiled as she remembered a conversation that they had before arriving at Hogwarts. They had promised to never be apart, but now, she was at the Rosebush with Ferdi and Kieran was probably in the Slytherin common room. It was after all the Sorting hat that made Pip realise that she and Kieran were quite different afterall.

The blonde smiled as Ferdi spoke to her. She had actually been wondering, somewhere in a dark part of her mind that she never visited, why he had asked her here. Not that she had minded, any excuse to be with a friend is completely fine with her. She loved being outdoors and she loved being with Ferdi. He was a really Fantabulous friend and she loved him very much. She was about to ask when he went ahead and answered the question anyway. He was going on Holiday! To Scotland! Pip squealed and wrapped her arms around Ferdi, jumping around like a loon. She loved holidays very much. Unfortunately she wasn't going away for these holidays. "SCOTLAND! That is so Fantabulous! Is your whole family going! I've never been to Scotland! I've always wanted to go though! Me and Kieran and mum and Dad and Veronica! I wish I could go too! Wouldn't that be fun!" She stopped for a second to think of all the possibilities of what they could do for fun. Then she remembered her holidays and she frowned slightly, though it was really more of a pout. "My holidays are going to be so BORING! My whole ENTIRE family is coming over! Seriously, why couldn't WE go to Scotland, or Paris, or even SPAIN! Even though I have been there heaps of times, anywhere is better then stinky old Manchester!" She complained, before her face brightened again. "YOU JUST ABSOLUTELY HAVE TO WRITE TO ME! Tell me all about Scotland! Yes?"

Ferdinand had to admit Kelsey was a bit too hyperactive sometimes, the kind of hyperactive some people could describe as scary. He had never thought Kelsey was scary, or anything similar. But he second guessed this as she surprised him with a hug. He wasn't very fond of hugs, and had never been, though despite this he hugged Kelsey back. He was excited too after all. He just blamed some of her energy on packet of Jelly babies she was holding; instead of assuming it was all excitement. Overall Ferdinand was happy Kelsey had mirrored some of his excitement; it was refreshing to see one of his friends almost as excited as he was about it. How could he not be? He was going to Scotland! He would probably shake hands with the loch ness monster or something! Who was he kidding, the loch ness monster would be his wingman, and they would be buddies. There's no way he would settle for just a hand shake with the creature. He would just have to find it first, but with the help of his mum and dad it couldn't be too hard, right?

Ferdinand returned Kelsey's pout with a sarcastic smile, anything she had planned for her holidays couldn't be more exciting than going to Scotland. Though he wasn't going to be mean about it. He laughed as Kelsey complained about Manchester; he would like to go himself one day, but if it was actually smelly he would never want to visit Kelsey there. She was probably joking though. "Of course I'll write to you, I'll write to you and tell you everything you're missing out on!" He said, playfully poking out his tongue at Kelsey. Apparently he was going to be a little mean after all, if teasing counted as being mean. With a wide gin spread across his features, Ferdinand decided it would be a good idea to move the conversation onto Kelsey, no matter how much he wanted to continue talking about his trip. He felt selfish otherwise. "So what's new with you Kels?" He asked, his grin just as wide as before.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back