Blood Status
Half Blood
Relationship Status
Single (Looking)
Sexual Orientation
Heterosexual
Wand
Straight 10 Inch Flexible Oak Wand with Boomslang venom Core
Alec was up early that first weekend she arrived at Hogwarts New Zealand. The only thing she had to do was feed her Owl, the Hufflepuff was used to doing chores everyday that moving in a magical boarding school limits that. Against to her dorm mates who were still sleeping, Alec went on to get ready to start her days. She change into her day clothes and carried the special pellet her parents bought for her Owl. The journey up toward the Owlery was cruel and yet it gave her a reason to say that she had exercise that morning. "Hello, Dan. How's my nice Owl doing?" She greeted her Owl named Dan as she got to the Owlery. The name seems a bit odd but she likes it, a tribute to her older brother who passed away from a surfing accident. The Owl was brown with bits of black feather tucked away underneath his wings. "Don't worry, you are not going anywhere yet. Just enjoy your new friends and here are some foods.I hope you don't mind sharing with the others." Alec talked sweetly to her owl and Dan seems to understand what she was saying because once she took out a pet bowl and put it on the ground with the pellets, one by one, owls were gathering up. Dan was first to pick some food off the bowl and he shared the others nicely. Alec smiled at the happenings around her.

Audra had spent some time exploring the castle after unpacking her things in the Ravenclaw girls' dormitory. First down to the grounds, chatting with people here and there, then working her way up floor by floor so that she had a feel for things by the time classes began; the last thing she wanted was to be late to class and miss anything important.

One of her last stops was up to the towers, one was where the Ravenclaw House was but the other she had not been to. Trekking up the stairs began to make Audra feel out of breath but she was amazed when she reached the top. The room was filled with students' pet owls, all gathering around a bowl of food. Amazed, Audra looked curiously at them. She didn't bring a pet to school for her first year but she hoped to have the money saved up for her second year.

Audra looked to the side and saw a girl in black and yellow robes with dark hair. "You must be a Hufflepuff?" She felt certain she had named the right house but they all had such strange names, she couldn't be too sure. "Is one of these owls yours?" After a moment, she introduced herself, "I'm Audra Lynch, Ravenclaw."

Alec put more owl treats on the bowl, they were all seems to be hungry and it hurts her to see that. She might request to her parents to send a big bag of treats, it won't hurt to help other animals. While watching over them so that she could break off other owls from fighting, a voice stated her house. Alec turned around to see another girl about her age acknowledge her. The dark haired Hufflepuff nodded gladly, it was pretty obvious that she was still wearing her school robes. "As a matter of fact, yes. He's right over there, his name is Dan." She pointed at the brown owl near the bowl itself. The owl wasn't scared that he's sharing his food and she doesn't have a clue. Maybe it depends of the owner's personality as well. Alec smiled to the girl when she introduced herself. "Alecia Maxwell but many call me just Alec. I prefer it that way." Alec introduced back. "Are you sending a letter? Am I in your way?" She asked worriedly. Every owl available seems to be occupied by food.

Audra beamed, her eyes searching through the mass of owls, "Pleasure to meet you and your owl!"

Each owl had a different appearance, all different colors and patterns. Audra was intrigued by the variety there was up in the owlery. She squatted to get a closer look at each of them. "No, I don't have a pet at all unfortunately. I was thinking maybe for my second year I could get an owl or maybe a cat, I don't know yet. Or maybe I could get one during the winter holidays? I'm not sure how it works but it's still a ways a way." Audra rambled on, only stopping when she realized she was already mentioning winter when the school year had just begun!

There was a short silence before Audra finally asked a question, "Dan is a bit of an odd name for an owl, isn't it? Why that name...?" She didn't ask to be rude but out of genuine curiosity. She knew that most people named their pets something silly like Fido or Fluffy, whereas Dan seemed to be more of a person name.

Alec was smiling whilst nodding, understanding that Audra wasn't going to send something for her family. Although she got curious when she mentioned she didn't know how it works. "I didn't mean to be rude or anything for asking but are you a muggleborn?" Alec didn't really mean to be mean, just curious. "Don't worry if you are, my mum is a muggle born Cuban and my dad is a half blood Welsh. Although, you can get a pet when winter holidays comes up." Alec knows she was getting into something personal now and so she diverted the subject back to pets. The dark haired girl went to pick up Dan and put him in her shoulder. The owl never tried to take a number two while he was on her shoulder, although he did just ate and might attempt it today.

A question from Audra stopped her from smiling and slowly, it just vanished. But, it was the only time she gets to talk about her only brother. "Its my older brother's nickname. He passed away at the age of nineteen. It was a month after he graduated Beauxbatons. Surfing accident." Alec could feel the tears coming but she smiled and wiped them away. The memories seems new to her. That it looks like it just happened recently. "Anyways, how are you finding Hogwarts New Zealand so far?" She asked. Alec felt it was her turn, asking a more light heart question.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back