Blood Status
Pure Blood
Relationship Status
Seeing Somebody
Sexual Orientation
Heterosexual
Wand
Straight 13.5" Sturdy Mahogany Wand with Boomslang Venom Core
It was a weird feeling for Dannii, but ever since she had start working at Hogwarts she had found herself missing her daughter. Throughout her pregnancy, and for the first year of her life Ember had felt like the worst mistake she had ever made, but as the little girl grew she became more like a person, and less like a burden. So after a few weeks Aemleigh had written that Ember was due for her check ups, and in a spur of the moment decision Dannii had volunteered to take the girl herself. Aemleigh was so amazing being a full time dad all by himself, and Dannii figured he could use a few hours off.

Dannii carried the baby in her arms as she navigated the halls of the familiar hospital. Until just a few years ago Dannii had come here every week to visit with her Aunt Muriel. The thought that Muriel would never get a chance to meet Ember made her sad. The old lady would have absolutely adored the little girl. She might have even been able to help Dannii navigate those first few months of confusion, and depression. Don't dwell on it. She told herself firmly. The witch held her child just a little bit closer though. "Are you excited to see the doctor?" Dannii asked. Ember gave out a shout of baby talk that Dannii could only assume meant yes. She knew a few words here, and there, and was learning more each day. It was surprising how proud it made her. Once they reached the waiting room Dannii checked themselves in with the woman at the desk, and took a seat in an empty corner to wait their turn.​

With Taralynn pregnant with their third child, Azerail Zhefarovich made sure that he was not able to have kids again. The family of his was fertile but his two sons gave him hell. Since Viserys was old enough to mind his mother, Azerail decided to bring his son, Kiril, to work. He was about three now, and wanted to show him around. Things went well for Azerail since graduating. He had been a healer, and even a potions professor for a while before he became a father. The sheer fact with Ozias just unable to adapt to living without him, it was a little hard, especially with Ozias having two children of his own now. "Come on, Kiril. I'm sure you will love looking around where daddy works." Azerail was filling in for pediatrics today, but not really healing them because he was not really comfortable with other people's children yet. Instead, he was just on the same floor and was instructing people around. Though, if he wanted, he could probably heal one if they were really injured. Azerail picked Kiril up, and held him on his hip when he saw who was next on the list. His silver eyes widened considerably.

Dannii Merrythought. Same last name and everything. So, she was not married. Azerail slowly put Kiril down, and Kiril immediately went to the lobby, right toward the familiar blonde. Azerail found himself placing his hand over his eyes. As soon as Kiril saw a child, he was immediately interested. He'd send out a note to his brother to come and get Kiril before he made too much of a fuss. Azerail sighed, really unsure on how to handle this. She was next. And it would be rude not to see her. Azerail walked over to the adult version of his ex for many years. "Sorry about my son. You are next, Ms. Merrythought." For all he knew, she might not even recognize him. He was no longer the darker, emo kid he used to be.

Dannii was running her fingers through Ember's thick golden hair to try, and straighten it out a little before they saw the healer. No matter how she brushed it the little girl seemed to mess up her hair just by sitting there. She wondered if her hair had been like that as a baby. She supposed it must have been as Ember had inherited most of her looks from her mother. If you put their pictures side by side you almost couldn't tell them apart. "Your dad must carry a brush with him at all times." Dannii mused. Aemleigh fussed over her so much. She wasn't allowed to have a full day go by without multiple activities scheduled. She was due to take her back right after the appointment for nap time, but maybe she would take her out for some ice cream first. Just say there was an extra long wait that day.

Dannii was trying to remember if it would be the babies first time eating ice cream when a little toddler came wandering over. Ember was immediately interested in the boy, and began fussing in her lap trying to get on the floor for some playtime. Dannii could have sworn the kid looked familiar, but she had no idea where. That is until she heard a voice that brought back years worth of memories. Her heart stopped in her chest for a second, and when she looked up sure enough there he was. Azerail Zhefarovich. The boy she had spent her entire teenage life in love with. Her immediate thought was to apperate out of their as fast as she could, but with Ember on her hip she couldn't risk it. Of course good old fashioned running was still an option. "It's alright, Azerail. He''s a cute kid." Dannii said as she stood up. Saying his name again almost caused her to stammer. It was a lifetime ago that she had last said it, but still the word felt familiar on her lips. "How old is he?" Dannii asked nodding towards the little boy. Maybe talking about their kids could break some of the tension she was feeling.​

Her baby, as it had to be because she looked just like her mom, made a fuss to get to Kiril, who only smiled and reached up to take her hand before Azerail bent down and picked him up, trying to keep him away. This had to be a nightmare. Azerail could hardly take his eyes off of Dannii though, not really wanting to say her first name. It was hard to forget about the first love, though he did love his wife. He loved Taralynn with all of his fiber. No one could ever take her place, though the same could be said about Dannii too. Azerail sighed and stood up straight. "Thanks, Dannii." It was a little easier, talking about the next generation. "His name is Kiril. Kind of glad that he likes younger kids. He's going to have a little sister soon. He's almost three." Azerail didn't mention Viserys yet, but that was because Viserys was hanging out with his cousin, Jasper. Viserys and Jasper were born in the same year, and sometimes, he would mistake Jasper for his son. He and Taralynn had already decided on the name, and it would be Lily. He did hope that Lily would take after her mother, and her gorgeous features. Azerail gave a light smile, looking at Ember. She was such a cute baby, even more when she smiled.

"And according to the charts, this would be Ember Merrythought-Hayes, here for her check up. Um, follow me and we'll get her checked out." Azerail led the way, with his son constantly staring over his shoulder at the baby. A humorous thought came to mind if his son grew up and had a crush on her child. Though, a part of him knew that it would never happen. "So, how have you been? The years have treated you well." Azerail spoke, a little awkwardly. Azerail opened a door to the check up room, almost in a rush to get her home. There was truly no reason to though. Azerail knew that now Dannii was safe from Axel's pursuing. Axel had grandchildren and was looking after new additions of his own, plus he was the Head of the family. There was truly nothing to really be worried about. Azerail had his own family, and she had hers. She was here for a check up. There was no need to be as awkward as he was.

Ember squirmed around in Dannii's arms so that she was facing Azerail's boy once more. She had never seen the little girl take to another kid so fast before. Then again Aemleigh was the one who usually dealt with play dates. Dannii hoped Ember would forget about him soon once they left. The last thing she wanted was to have to see her ex on a regular bases. More likely she would have to see him with his wife. The witch had let her love for Azerail go along time ago, but that didn't mean she wanted to see him with another woman. When Azerail said that he was having another kid it took Dannii a second of pity before she remembered that other people would want more then one child. "Congratulations on the new baby. Will she be your second?" Dannii asked. The few times they had talked about their future together they had always agreed on one or two kids. Back then she thought they would have all made such a lovely family together. Until she learned that his wanted her dead.

Dannii followed Azerail back to the examination room, and placed Ember down on the table. She was sitting up all by herself, but Dannii still kept a hand on her back in case she decided that the floor looked much more fun. The witch couldn't help but laugh when Azerail said that she looked good. She was just now getting a good nights sleep, and purged her wardrobe of all things covered in baby vomit stains. "Thank-you. I could say the same for you. You almost look the same as you did in school." Dannii told him. Of course his hair was shorter now, and he didn't have the streak of red. She had always loved his long hair.​

Azerail really debated on locking Kiril up in his office, if he wouldn't behave. Kiril was such a good kid though, otherwise. Just around Dannii's kid, he seemed to really enjoy her company. Sighing, he put Kiril down on the chair, and transfigured it so that it looked more like a high chair. Azerail shook his head, while buckling his down, "No, she will be our third. My oldest is at home right now. After this one and the first one, I'm not having anymore." He didn't want to out and say that he got himself fixed, more or less. He just didn't know how to handle so many children. He honestly did not know how his father managed it. Well, he did have servants and whatnot, and siblings. Azerail only had Ozias, and that was a little messed up in the head. Ozias was not a good influence on anything. He wouldn't be surprised if Ozias' son turned out to be the next Dark Lord. Azerail went to the cupboard to look for the stuff to check up on a baby with. Azerail was not too common with it, but at least he knew what he was doing more or less.

Approaching the little girl, Azerail smiled a bit when he noticed how Dannii was treating her. Azerail started the check up, and chuckled a fair bit when she said that he looked almos the same. His genes were a blessing. Azerail replied, "You should see my older brother. Um, I have a twin actually. Well, he looks just like I did back in school. Hair and everything." Ozias didn't like the change, so he literally kept everything about him the same. It was really weird. Azerail couldn't handle long hair, especially when his firstborn was going through that hair pulling stage. "Ember is completely healthy. The only issue is that she seems to be fixated on Kiril."

Dannii whistled when Azerail said that he had three kids. She couldn't imagine how hard that would be. Hell his son Kiril wasn't that much older then Ember, and she knew how much of a handful she was. The woman couldn't imagine taking care of an infant on top of that. "You must live off of wildeye potions." She commented with a chuckle. Ember had just started sleeping through the night when Dannii began teaching at Hogwarts, and those first few nights she had woken up in a panic thinking something must be wrong with the baby. Even now at Hogwarts after a late night sometimes she would groggily wake up in the morning, and go looking for Ember's room before realizing where she was.

Dannii raised her eyebrows in surprise when Azerail said that he had a twin. She had never known that about him so he must have found out after they broke up. Stranger things had happened. She herself had never met his older sister until after the death of their parents. Aurora was currently working as an Auror, and to be honest it worried Dannii quite a bit. She had already lost most of her family, and she didn't need Aurora to be dead too. Dannii smiled when Azerail said that Ember was completely healthy except for her fixation on his son. She quickly scooped up the baby, and held her close. "Clearly it's time for her to make some more friends. Maybe daycare is in order." Dannii announced. Maybe Ember just needed some other kids to play with, and that was why she was so enamoured with Kiril. The last thing she wanted to suggest was play dates. The only thing more awkward then being around her ex right now was asking her ex if he wanted to hang out more often.​

Azerail could not help but chuckle a little bit at her comment. Indeed, he had to have some help when it came down to his children, but luckily, he had help. Azerail shook his head, "Actually, I had help from the missus, my twin Ozias, and his wife. Um, we all live together." It sounded weird when it was out in the open like that, but someone needed to keep Ozias in line. He once almost killed his brother-in-law. Just because Jarrett confused him with Ozias, thus, Ozias receiving his yelling when Viserys was in the womb. Azerail still didn't get that lamp fixed. Ozias' wife, Amycus, would just end up encouraging Ozias' odd behavior. Azerail was just glad that Dannii never had the chance to meet him. Ozias could be a little rude. Well, that was an understatement. Azerail smiled a bit when Dannii picked up Ember, so Azerail thought it was safe to pick up Kiril. The father lifted his second born into his arm, balancing him on his hip. Yeah, he was definitely taking him home.

Dannii announced something about a daycare, which Azerail did not want to ever see one of his kids in one. He trusted the family more than strangers. But, Azerail figured that since Dannii was the mom, she could decide what is best. Looking down at Kiril, who seemed sad, the former Slytherin sighed, "I don't want to disappoint my son or anything. But, if you are comfortable, we can arrange some time to have them play together. At the park." Azerail finally turned to face her, with a subtle smile on his face. Kiril didn't seem happy, but he seemed to understand what his dad was trying to do. If Dannii said no, then there was nothing he could do. Kiril did need to spend some time with other children. But, so far, that didn't turn out that well.

Dannii had to stop herself from raising an eyebrow when Azerail explained his living situation. So they all lived together like some kind of commune? Maybe I dodged a bullet all those years ago. The woman quite liked her privacy, and even now that she was living with Aemleigh she still kept her own house in Brighstone just in case she ever felt the need to retreat for the night. Having two families in one house seemed even more exhausting even if they all helped out with children, and chores because well there was just that much more to do. As she thought this over Azerail surprised her once more by asking if she would ever be up for a play date. Dannii felt herself tighten up at the idea, but looked down at the little girl in her arms. Would the baby really remember the little boy she met once for just a few short minutes? Probably not. Did Dannii want to be the mom who told her who she could, and couldn't see? No she definitely couldn't see herself as that parent. I guess I can suck it up, and hang out with him every couple of weeks. She told herself. Dannii sighed, and laughed at herself a little too. No healthy adult should be this uncomfortable arranging a play date for her kid. "Yeah sure. We can make that work. I um teach at the school now so it might have to be during holidays, or a weekend, but I assume that's easier for you too." Dannii told him managing to force a smile. "I should really get going. I promised this little lady some ice cream, but if were gone much longer her dad will wonder what we were up to. Can't have him finding out she's had too much sugar or he'll worry himself to death." She said with a playful roll of her eyes. She loved how Aemleigh was so good with Ember, but he took it a little far sometimes. A few treats here, and there weren't going to kill her, and Dannii would make sure to brush her teeth before they got home. "Thank-you for checking up on her Azerail, and I'll owl you about the play date." Dannii was still very bad at goodbyes, and so with that she was out the door, and headed straight for the harbour.​

Users who are viewing this thread

Back