OOC First Name
Dan
Blood Status
Half Blood
Relationship Status
Single
Wand
Curved 13 1/2 Inch Unyielding Blackthorn Wand with Essence of Belladonna Core
Ever since the word Slytherin bellowed out of the sorting hat Casey had felt lost and confused. Suddenly all the excitement of being at Hogwarts and starting his new life had taken a back burner to the soul crunching disappointment of not wearing the rampant Gryffindor Lion on his robe. Since he was sorted he couldn't bare to spend anytime in the Slytherin common room. Surrounded by people, happy and excited about their house, a lot of Slytherin were a legacy's, continuing their family traditions, which made him feel even worse for failing to continue his family legacy. In an effort to avoid his housemates Casey had began to spent a lot of time outside exploring the grounds, one his favourite places to go was up to the cliffs. He would almost always be the sole person there, he like the solitude, no one to remind him of where he was, what was.

Casey hadn't seen Alison since the night of the sorting. He had been looking forward to being in the same house as her, getting to know each other, becoming friends. He didn't know how she felt about him being in Slytherin. Maybe they could still be friends, but it was never going to be what they hoped. When Casey made it up to the cliffs he removed his robe and threw it to the ground. He leaned against one of the rocks and looked out over the lake.

Alison brushed twice over her new crimson robes with a lion embroidered on the chest. She had her first choice of House and was not in the same House as her sister mission accomplished. Alison had managed to avoid her sister like the bubonic plague and Alison was going to let it stay that way for a long time. Alison wanted a quiet spot to work on a new poem she had recently written, with a blue book in her hands she walked up to the Cliffs. The Cliffs were a quiet spot that not everyone knew about, so Alison could work here in peace.

Although Alison was a roaring Lion, she did not care about other houses even if they were Hufflepuff or Slytherin. Alison obviously loved Gryffindor the most and was absolutely loyal to the House, but there was a downside to being in Gryffindor. Alison had heard that Bridget was in Hufflepuff and they sorted Casey in Slytherin. Alison obviously liked Casey and Casey liked Alison or that is what Alison thought. The poem that Alison was writing was called conflict and it was about Casey and Alison. When Alison arrived at the cliffs she saw a familiar person already sitting there. Wrapping her arms around his neck and pulling him in a tight hug. Alison knew that Casey was not that happy about Slytherin. The hug lasted pretty long and she looked at Casey. ''Hello Stranger.'' She muttered in a soft voice. Her poem book had fell on the ground and was laying opened on a particular page, this was the most embarrassing page in the book. It was Casey his name with little hearts and sweet texts written around it, hoping that Casey did not see it, she closed her book. Her cheeks were glowing a faint red and she looked at Casey waiting for a response.

At first Casey didn't notice Alison creep up on him. He was looking out over the cliffs, not paying any attention to his surroundings. One of the benefits of coming up to the cliffs was that so few people ever went up there so Casey could zone out. Evidently Alison had a similar thought and made her way to the cliffs. Casey didn't know she had been up there at all. Casey had realised how much he missed until he felt her arms curl around his neck, he put his arms around her waist and hugged her tight. The hug lasted longer than he expected and when they pulled apart, Alison looked up at Casey. ''Hello Stranger.'' She muttered to him, Casey could only smile. At that moment he knew that his worries were misplaced, he knew that she would accept him even in green. "Hey, feel likes forever since I last saw you," He smiled, the day in Obsidian harbor felt like an eternity ago and although he did see her when they made their way to the castle, this was the first they had really spent time together. When they had pulled away from the hug Casey noticed something fall to the ground, it was a blue book that he had seen Alison carry before, in the corner of his eye he saw his own name written on the page surrounded by love hearts. Casey pretended he didn't see it but he couldn't but smile.

The thing that she most feared had not happened, she did not want Casey to turn into some arrogant Slytherin. ''It is.. I missed you.'' Alison was glad that Casey had not forgotten her, since Alison had never forgot Casey. They made a promise to see each other again in the castle and this was the first time she saw Casey again. Alison laughed and looked at Casey, he had not changed on bit and still looked the same. Remembering what Casey had said about his dad wanting him to go in Slytherin, she was glad that he had not changed to a typical Slytherin. Bridget was in Hufflepuff and Casey was a Slytherin now and Alison well she got her first choice as in Gryffindor. Come to think of it, she was pretty lonely in Gryffindor now, but she could still talk to Casey and Bridget. Alison had seen her sister at sorting, but she did not want to actually talk to her. Her sister had made no attempts so far, so everything went well in Alison her book. Ally wanted to talk to Casey, she could not care about what even if it was about the grass that was currently growing on the Cliffs.

''Where you also escaping the noise and Slytherin.'' The last bit of the sentence came out as a whisper. Alison did not dislike Slytherin, she even liked the green and silver colour. She just disliked some persons in the House, she had already seen some that she was disliking. The thing is that Alison was a nice person and would never say bad things about people, but she thought them. She was not saint, she was Alison a new first year Gryffindor. ''How was the rest of your vacation?'' Alison asked in the usual sweet tone.

Casey smiled as Alison told him she missed him. He was glad that she missed him as much as he had missed her. Sitting up on the cliffs with Alison made Casey think, this was exactly how he wanted Hogwarts life to be from the moment they met each other at Obsidian harbor. The remainder of his vacation after his trip to Obsidian harbor went by pretty uneventfully. He spent a lot of time time with his father, learning as much as he could about magic so he had some basic knowledge when he started school. He noticed that Alison hadn't changed much since the last time he saw her, except maybe now she might be a little happier now that she has been sorted into Gryffindor. Casey would never know how it felt to be happy with his sorting result. Casey smiled at Alison, "I didn't really do a lot after Obsidian, just sort of bided by time until I started school, course now when I go home I'll have to get rid of my Gryffindor stuff," Casey laughed, in truth he was trying to make the best of his situation, and as long as he had Alison in his life, he would never hate his time here.

"I just needed to get out of the common room and have some time to myself," He smiled and looked up at Alison, "But I prefer to have you here," There wasn't a single person in the Slytherin common room that he wanted to talk to. Alison may be the one person in the Hogwarts castle that could cheer him up.

Gryffindor was Alison her house now, but she was still friends with Casey. Alison her room was full of Gryffindor banners although her parents were more Ravenclaw they allowed her to decorate her room in red and golden banners. Alison had Bridget her party in the vacation and her own party. Hogwarts was a new adventure, but still there was something missing. She had no friends in Gryffindor and her only friends were in Slytherin and Hufflepuff. Alison hoped that Casey and she could meet more, since they were not in the same house they would never sit with each other in the great hall or see each other with Quidditch. Alison nodded and understanded what Casey meant, if she was sorted in Ravenclaw she had to change a lot too. ''Your heart belongs in Gryffindor, let it stay.'' Alison muttered to Casey.

"I am glad that you are here too, I was feeling lonely.'' Alison liked the Gryffindor Common room, but it was way too loud for her liking. ''Smile, Casey the world did not come to an end.'' Alison did not like to see Casey so said. Alison looked at the cliff, it looked nice, but she was trying to cheer up Casey.

When Casey was with Alison he didn't feel like he was as young as he was. When Casey was with Alison, he felt older, maturer, like he had everything figured out. It was true that Casey need to make friends in his own house but for the time being he knew that Alison was enough. "I think I need to let Gryffindor go, I've wanted it all my life but now that I'm in Slytherin I have to accept and, dare I say it. Embrace it," Casey knew what Alison would think when he told her this. Slytherin students had a reputation for being arrogant and full of themselves, and the notion that that he would embrace these characteristics would concern her. "I mean I'll still be me, I'm not gonna change, I'm just going to change my attitude towards Slytherin, as long as I have you I won't change," Casey smiled. It was hard to believe this was only the second conversation he'd had with Alison, it felt like she had always been a part of his life.

Alison did not know if she was feeling offended by his comment about Gryffindor. He wanted to let Gryffindor go, did that mean he was going to leave Alison too? Alison did not really know what to say next, she was probably getting replaced by some Slytherin bimbo. Alison nodded while fighting some tears, this had gone unnoticed hopefully. Alison listened again and hoped he was not lying. ''I hope, that you will not change.'' Alison thought of Slytherin and what the house could do to him. After this year he probably changed into some vain and arrogant person. Alison did not want to leave Casey, but she could not stand arrogant and vain persons.

''You are not going to change right?''Alison her voice sounded fragile in the sentence. She was scared and shy, she did not want to lose him. Alison sat next to him and opened her poem book and began to write a new poem.

Casey understood Alison's concerns, Slytherin had a bad reputation, they always had and that was one of the reasons he was so disappointed that he was sorted into the house in the first place. He could tell that Alison was close to tearing up, she was concerned that she was going to lose him and honestly Casey had the same concerns. There was a rivalry between Gryffindor and Slytherin, he didn't want that to effect them. Casey took Alison's hand to reassure her, "I'm not going to change Alison, I'm still the same guy," Casey hoped he could keep his promise, he knew that he would make some friends in his house but he hoped that being in Slytherin didn't change him, it could happen.

Alison shifted so that she saw next to him, Casey put his hand on her shoulder, "I hope I don't change, I don't want to change, I don't want to become someone who you don't want to be around, I couldn't bare that," Casey sat back and looked on at Alison as she wrote in her notebook.

I hate it when my acc switches back? :<

Alison nodded and was glad that Casey understood her concerns. She was genuine about her concerns, she did not want to loose him so soon. She ignored her sister had not seen Bridget and where Nathan was no clue. ''I know you are the same guy, but there is reason you are in Slytherin right?'' Alison was an over-thinker and this situation made her on edge. It was good that Casey took her hand it eased her some bit, it felt like they never left Obsidian harbour and just took it from there. Alison her conscience began to speak up and Alison lay her book beside her and looked at Casey. He did not change they were only in a different house and Alison was going to make this happen if he did not want it.

''We are going to make this work.. One way or another.'' No wonder that the Sorting Hat thought about Ravenclaw, she was a tad bit smart sometimes. Alison looked at him and wondered off thinking about exploring the big castle. Just the two of them walking like nothing had changed.

Alison's words cut him deep but the more he thought about the more he realised that she was right. Casey was in Slytherin. It wasn't a random sorting process, the Sorting hat puts a lot of thought into the process of sorting a student. That worried Casey. Casey knew that Alison had wanted him in Gryffindor almost as much as he wanted it, and he understood that being in a different house had upset her but it was the house that he had been sorted into that had affected her the most. Casey was beginning to worry that him landing in Slytherin had changed Alison's opinion of him. Was she doubting the kind of guy he was? Was suspicion creeping into her mind that maybe he wasn't as nice as he came across. Casey had been having the same thoughts in his mind, but it killed him to think that maybe Alison was doubting him.

"Maybe there is a reason, maybe I'm a bad guy, maybe the sorting hat saw something in me that I haven't seen myself, maybe I'm no good for you Alison," Casey wasn't a bad guy, at least that's what he had always thought about himself, but maybe as he matured he would change and become a different guy and maybe that is what the Sorting hat saw in him. "I could be a bad guy deep down, you don't wanna be around someone like that do you," Casey didn't like what he was saying. He wanted Alison to look at him and see the guy she met in Obsidian harbor not the Slytherin he had become. As he held Alison's hand in his own they shared a look and it felt like they had never left the harbor, for a moment he forgot their houses. "I want to make this work,"

Alison stopped with the harsh thinking she had done, the sorting hat was probably clouded with his niceness. It was not house that was evil, it was the person in the house that wanted to be evil. Alison trusted Casey in every step that he would make and she knew that he would make the right ones. Not all Slytherins were evil and the green looked good on Casey. Alison would never doubt Casey, if she was a bit older she would be his girlfriend. Alison wanted someone to build on and Casey was a really sweet boy.

''Maybe I like bad guys.'' Alison had a sparkle in her eyes, she liked him. ''The sorting hat was out of his stuffing probably'' Alison grinned, it was kind of funny. ''Well, Candy is not good for me and I still eat it right?'' Alison did not want to loose him, she liked him too much as a good friend and maybe more later. ''Everyone has a bad side, if you let it out that is the second thing.'' Ew, she was sounding like her sister, maybe the had something in common. ''Lets forget about houses and keep thinking about Alison and Casey and not Slytherin and Gryffindor.'' Alison wanted to make the friendship work and she was going to give her best. She felt like she had already talked to much, with her blue eyes she looked at Casey.

Alison trusted Casey. That was the feeling he got from her as she looked into his eyes. It seemed no matter what he said to her Alison had a way to flip it so that it was OK. She liked him and she was determined not to let him go. This made him smile, he didn't want to lose her and he was happy that she was so determined to make their friendship work. Casey was determined too, when he looked into Alison's eyes he wished that the two of them were a little older then they could be more than friends, but their time would come later. For now they were friends, good friends, and Casey was determined to make sure they remained as such.

"Doesn't every girl like a bad guy," He grinned. He knew she said this for his own benefit but she was right, he wasn't that guy. Being in Slytherin didn't make him a bad guy. Casey knew at heart that he would grow into the same man he would have in Gryffindor. He would still play Quidditch, he would still do well in school, he would still be with Alison when they older. Nothing would change. But so much would be different."So your comparing me to candy? That's interesting," He smiled. "Your right, Gryffindor, Slytherin, red, green. It doesn't matter, although this does mean we'll play each other in Quidditch," Casey couldn't help but smile at the idea of playing against Alison in Quidditch. He would be torn with the desire to win the game and to protect Alison from his own teammates.

Alison thought about Casey and how to go on, in their friendship. The houses would not intertwine with each other and Alison and Casey could still be friends. Alison had heard of Romeo and Juliet and maybe Casey was her Romeo without all the slaughter. The Quidditch games would be a bit harder, but Alison did not know if Quidditch was right for her and maybe she would secretly cheer for Slytherin. ''Every girl desires a bad boy.'' Alison muttered slowly in his right ear, toying with Casey was funny he was so sweet. Alison wanted to stay friends with Casey till the end and that meant either death or if the two got in a large fight. ''Candy is jummy so is you.'' Alison was kind of joking, but not really she really liked this boy and hoped for a great friendship.

''I maybe pass on Quidditch, just for you.'' Alison would give up her dreams for Casey. Alison hoped that Casey would do the same for her, but she would give up everything for him as it was now. ''We are going to be best friends.'' Alison was hoping that she was not friend zoning him, she actually had feelings for him.

Growing up Casey had heard the story of Romeo and Juliet. Two people who loved each other despite being members of two rival houses. This was something he felt like he could relate to. Maybe Alison was the Juliet to his Romeo, minus the two of them dying at the end. Honestly, Casey relished the idea of laying Quiditch against her, it could put a little competition in their friendship. "I don't want you to give up Quidditch on my account, if playing against me is an issue for you, then I won't play, I may even sneak into the Gryffindor stand and cheer you on," Casey wouldn't need much encouragement to spend the Quidditch games with the Gryffindor students. Casey had always wanted to play Quidditch at Hogwarts, but he wanted Alison to be happy and he would be happy to give up his dream for her.

He Alison was teasing him with her comments about him being yummy like candy and her desire for a bad boy, he smiled and leaned in close to her, "I can be your bad boy," He pulled away and smiled at her. He loved being friends with Alison, it got him through the day. "We already are best friends Alison, we will be more than that," He stroked the back of her hand.

Casey in Slytherin had made everything very complicated, the two houses were not very good friends. Too much difference between the two. Romeo and Juliet was a story full of dead and riots, Alison and Casey there story was between rivalling houses. Alison knew that Quidditch was not a good idea, there would be fights and pressure in their friendship and maybe relationship. ''Casey I would give up everything, just to be with you.'' What Casey said was really sweet, but Alison knew it would never work. Although this was Alison her dream, she liked Casey way more then to follow her dreams.

''I do not care about Quidditch, I care about you.''
Alison lied the first part, she would love to play Quidditch, but Casey was way more important for her. Alison wanted Casey to be happy and follow his dreams it was only a sad thing that he was sorted in Slytherin. Alison felt all warm and happy inside when Casey said he was going to be her bad boy, she love to feel his hands around her waist. ''I would love to be that sometime.'' Alison bit on her lower lip when she said that. Her eyes were literally glowing, she liked him more and more.

''We are so screwed up now.'' Alison nodded the poem that she had wanted to write was gone from her head. Her head was now filled with memories and thoughts about Casey. Casey and Alison would be a thing and Alison did not mind on bit.

There was no maybe about it, there was no wait and see how they felt or anything like that. As Casey sat there holding Alison's hand in his own he knew that one day, in the near future, he and Alison would be together. "I don't want you to give up your dreams for me, but its up to you, just don't cheer Slytherin in a Gryffindor crowd," Casey laughed. The idea of a lone Gryffindor cheering when Casey made a save. He would make sure that in future Alison would get a chance to celebrate with him after games, but not somewhere she would be leered at by her Gryffindor housemates. When Casey looked into Alison's eyes he saw the potential for seven great years here at Hogwarts. His new house hadn't changed that.

"I must ask, if you love bad boys so much, what ever do you see in me," Casey smiled, he knew one of the things Alison liked about him was that he was so nice and he loved teasing her. "Or am I just so cute I can get away with anything?". Listening to the two of them talk people might accuse them of acting older than their age. Casey would argue that it was because when he was with Alison he didn't feel like an eleven year old.

Alison was glad that Casey was holding her hand, it felt so special. Alison was happy that she had met Casey in Obsidian Harbour. The Cliffs were lovely and Casey being here made it ten times more special. ''I will be cheer in my mind, I do not think that cheering for Slytherin in the Gryffindor crowd is a good idea.'' Alison smiled and looked at Casey, he was so cute. They would make this happen even if that meant that Alison had to sneak into the Slytherin Common Room. Alison did not really like extreme bad boys, but Casey was the best and he was not a Slytherin by heart.

Alison did not know if she was supposed to answer his question, she was still a bit shy. ''Oh, you will figure that out yourself soon enough.'' Alison muttered quickly, she did not know what to say really and that sounded the best. ''That too, you are so cute.'' Alison brushed trough his hair. They acted too old for their age, but Alison was already pretty mature.

Casey was content to sit up on the cliffs forever as long as Alison was with him. If anyone saw them they would look like a couple of eleven year olds talking but for Casey it felt like so much more. "Its a shame I won't be able to cheer you on, but I'm sure I'll have plenty of chances to cheer you on over time," He smiled, quidditch or no. Alison was going to do plenty of things Casey could sit back and admire and be proud of her for. He imagined her sneaking into the Slytherin common room so they could spend time together after hours. Sat by the fire, Alison ducking behind the sofas at any hint of movement from upstairs. Casey smiled hoping all these things would come to pass.

"Oh don't worry I know what you mean," Casey wasn't a bad boy, but it was good to know he had some room to change that wouldn't make Alison run off. Casey closed his eyes as he felt her hand brush through his hair. He held her hand in place for a few seconds and looked into her eyes, before letting go and letting Alison pull back her hand.

Alison wished she could never leave this moment, she was loving the company of Casey. Alison knew they were going to be rough times every friend/relationship had those, but she could not care they would overcome them and they would succeed in becoming an healthy couple. Alison would admire and cheer for Casey as long as they were together as friends or as a relationship, she would love to cheer out loud when he scored or when he achieved something. Alison had heard there was going to be a Yule ball and Alison had already a date in mind. Alison would find a way to sneak into the Slytherin common room at night, she was adventurous and became at bit more courageous over the holidays.

Alison her eyes sparkled with happiness, when Casey hold her hand something changed inside her. He was so sweet and lovely why was this boy stuffed in Slytherin. His dad must have had something to do with it. Alison was looking into his eyes and he looked so lovely and he was hers.''I hope we will are still something when we are seventh years'' Alison whispered in his ear, she was glad he was holding her hand it was such a nice and lovely gesture. She felt safe when Casey was around and she knew that Casey would protect her no matter what.

With Alison it was all about waiting, waiting until they were old enough, Casey didn't want to wait but he had no choice. For now they were friends, but they both knew that they would be more, and he knew that Alison didn't want to wait either but they were eleven, they were just too young for anything more. Casey knew that over the next few years there would be bumps in the road, their in two different house, surrounded by different types of people. They could grow into two different people. He had vowed on the day he was sorted that Slytherin would not change him but the truth was that was a promise he just couldn't make. "I hope we're still something, I just hope you can still stand to be around me in our seventh year," Casey said alluding to a possible change in both their personalities. Ever since he arrived at Hogwarts he had heard talk about the Yule ball which happens around Christmas, he already knew who he would be taking to the ball.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back