Darn laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom Fletcher

OOC First Name
Mike
Wand
14 3/4" Canadian Maplewood wand with an essence of Hippogriff feather
Hey guys. My laptop is playing up. I dropped it yesterday and it was a bit glitchy and kept freezing. Now it keeps coming up with these options : Start with last known configuration, safe mode, start windows normally, etc. I have tried them all, but it kepts restarting and taking me back to that menu again :glare: So that leaves me laptopless ergo unable to get online. (Right now I'm on my Sister's laptop). It probably won't be sent away to be fixed till after Christmas possibly even New Year <_<

Nick and Liv, if you want to hire another CoMC Professor thats fine by me. When I do come back fulltime, I don't mind sharing my classes with he or she. As for Drake, Nick his "assignment" can be godmoded as being done, and the repreccusions could be rp'ed when I'm back ya?

I hope to get back on track ASAP.

Have a great Christmas guys :wub: and a blast of a 2010 if I'm not back by then.

Seasonally,

Mike

:console:

Sorry to hear what happened to your laptop.
Same thing happened to me before. I hope it gets fixed and that you can be back as soon as possible.

If you're not on at all around christmas then Happy Christmas and New Year :hug:

-Beth

Why did you drop your laptop for? :erm: That was stupid :tut:

Hehe I keed. Anyway I'm sorry to here that :console: Computer problems suck arse big time <_<

If I don't get talking to you Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year :hug:

Talk to you next year, maybe

- Pat :hug:

Professor Tom Fletcher said:
..I dropped it yesterday and it was a bit glitchy and kept freezing. Now it keeps coming up with these options: Start with last known configuration, safe mode, start windows normally, etc. I have tried them all, but it kepts restarting and taking me back to that menu again..
Firstly try re-sitting the RAM sticks. As you dropped it, there is a chance they have come loose. However, faulty memory often brings up a blue screen stating as such.

The screen you see mostly appears if Windows failed to shut down correctly, or their is a corrupt file caused by in-correct shut-down. As you state you have tried each option, are you able to fully boot into the Operating System? I would make sure accessible components are sat correctly, and if possible; run a Windows disk to rule out corrupt files. The disk will allow you to repair these files.

If you have an open-source disk, you could boot into that and see how far the machine gets. That would help rule out hard-ware faults.

Just some basic trouble-shooting, save the cost of a repair if it's a simple fix. :p :)

Hey guys! Well my hardrive is broke so I've basically lost everything :( but they guy said he'll try and save whatever he could so hopefully my lessons may be saved :jesse: but I'll be back in full swing in a few days so see you all then :) Hope you had a great christmas!

-Mike

Its seems I misunderstood him. Stupid Computer jargon, why couldn't he have spoke it in layman's terms?

Well I thought he could fix it for the £55 he asked my parents for : That, I just found out was to save anything he could. He could only save photos <_< so it seems I am laptopless :unsure: and so will be back when my parents get me a new one. I did hear them saing they were looking for one so hopefully I will be back in a week or two :) But I will return for sure :woot:

Aww Mike that sucks :hug: How about you just steal your sister's laptop :r :shifty:

Get back to us soon :( And Happy New Year :D

My sister's laptop is pink and I was used to my own one plus she needs it aswell :D I only use it when I'm desperate

I really hope that the color of the laptop is not the only reason as to why you never grace us with your presence anymore? :cry:

Awww Mike that sucks!! I'm so sorry to hear about that! I honestly don't know what I'd do without my laptop. :lol: I hope you get a new laptop soon. :)

We'll see you when you get back! And I hope you had a wonderful New Year! :D

Thanks Abby and Pat, hope you both had a great New Year and didn't get too drunk :r

Wow. £55 is an over-price. Even £30 is pushing it with a data back-up and operating system re-install (so long as you have a valid licence key if using a Windows based system).

For the price you paid, you can buy a brand-new 500GB disk drive with change to spare. If you're lucky enough, or for a few pounds extra, you could get a terabite.

It's sad to see you won't be about for a bit. :(

Also, there is nothing wrong with pinks! :woot:

Rukevra Vanderzuk said:
Wow. £55 is an over-price. Even £30 is pushing it with a data back-up and operating system re-install (so long as you have a valid licence key if using a Windows based system).

For the price you paid, you can buy a brand-new 500GB disk drive with change to spare. If you're lucky enough, or for a few pounds extra, you could get a terabite.

It's sad to see you won't be about for a bit. :(

Also, there is nothing wrong with pinks! :woot:
Tony, that went right over my head. I have no idea what that is :( But alas I am not paying for a new laptop my Mum and Dad are so hopefully the new one they eventually get me will hopefully be better :r

I suppose pink isn't too bad but its like going the toilet in your friends house. It's something that you never get used to, well not that I go the toilet all the time in my friends house, but I hope you understand the gist (I'm sorry the example was bad but it was the first thing I could think of on the spot)

xD

I do that to people.

There is nothing weird about using the facilities in someone else's house. However, you can almost always guarantee they have a loose seat that falls down; a handle that is hanging off; and a cistern that won't flush correctly.

o_O :lol:

I've got a new laptop! Wooo hooo I can finally relax and spend some time (some being an understatement) on here now!

Professor Tom Fletcher said:
I've got a new laptop! Wooo hooo I can finally relax and spend some time (some being an understatement) on here now!
About flippin' time! :hug:
Even though you and I don't RP. :p

Serena Vanderhol said:
I didn't even miss you :r
Thanks Kat. Love you too!

And thanks Kaitlyn :woot:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back