Blood Status
Muggleborn
Relationship Status
Interested in Somebody
Sexual Orientation
Bi
Wand
Curly 11 Inch Swishy Ash Wand with Kelpie Hair Core
Tristan hadn't attended all that many dances at Hogwarts yet. It seemed like it was more something that attracted older students, kids who liked to play at being grown up in their dresses and suits. He himself was wearing just a simple button down shirt and black pants, hoping it didn't look like he was too under-dressed. Honestly, he was twelve, why would he go all out in a suit? Especially since the Valentine's Dance was less formal in his eyes than the Yule Ball. Though he had to admit that seeing people all dressed up was nice. The decorations, however, were tacky. He had to wonder about the headmistresses taste. He sipped a drink and watched the rose petals fall down from the ceiling and the house elves dressed as cupid. He couldn't help but wonder if these creatures could feel shame, because if so: they were definitely feeling it right now.

After being woefully unprepared for the Yule Ball, Jessica had made sure to grill the other girls in the Slytherin dormitory about any other dances that might be coming up, and how to dress appropriately for them. She was quite pleased with how she looked tonight, although she was feeling slightly on the back foot due to the fact that this was a Valentine's dance... and she didn't exactly have anyone to spend it with. She was finding this more and more, unfortunately - she may have made a few friends, but she seemed to always be alone when it counted. It was... irksome, she decided, yes. What she needed to do was find someone to talk to, someone who - if nothing else - would distract her from thinking too much. Scanning the crowd surrounding her, Jessica finally found someone who looked close in age to herself, wasn't currently in conversation with others, and didn't look like he'd be an absolute bore to talk to. Decided on her target, she made her way over to the boy and gave him a wide smile, already having decided on an excuse to use for why she was approaching him out of the blue. "Hi! This is kind of random, but, is that drink any good? They were serving something really strange at the last dance, and I really don't want to taste that again anytime soon." Continuing to smile, she touched her hand to her chest. "I'm Jessica."

Tristan paused in his private criticism of the decorations around them to see a girl approach. He looked at her and let her ask her question. She was pretty, though he didn't think she was in his year. A firstie? He gave her a smile. "I found some plain old pumpkin juice over there." He told her with a smile, "if you consider that good, and normal." He was only now getting used to wizarding food. "I'm Tristan, and I could accompany you to the drink table to make sure you don't accidentally grab anything weird. If you want." He ran a hand through his hair. "Are you enjoying the party so far?"

For a moment, Jessica seriously reconsidered talking to this boy. He thought pumpkin juice was plain? Her shudder was internal, however, and she reminded herself that most people embraced the strange wizarding traditions here, even if they had come from a normal background like herself. It was only to be expected, and she really needed to start getting used to it herself. "Pumpkin juice sounds lovely," she said, performing a grateful nod for Tristan's sake. "And of course you can accompany me, thank you! I'm still new to all this, so it's a bit bewildering sometimes." Jessica gave a small laugh as she turned towards the drink table to assess how busy it was, although she quickly returned her attention to Tristan. "I am, yes. Although it's certainly better now of course," she said, smiling up at him.

Tristan laughed slightly. "Ah, then the juice might not be as plain to you as I had assumed." He told her with a smile. "I was in your position last year, it was all new to me too. Believe me, it's still bewildering sometimes." He accompanied her to the drink table while he talked. "Pumpkin juice is an acquired taste, but if you like it we can get some. Or maybe there's something else you'll like..." He smirked. "Even though my presence already improved the experience for you, maybe the right drink would make it perfect." He liked how the girl had said that and how she smiled at him, it made him feel more confident.

Jessica was pleased by the attention Tristan was giving to her; clearly her skill at finding a suitable person to talk to had been on point. It was especially comforting to know that he had come from a normal background like herself, she always felt much more at ease around such people. "Why not aim for perfection then?" She aimed a smile up at him which slightly mirrored his own smirk, then turned her attention towards the array of punch bowls laid out across the table. "Which drink would you recommend? You look like you have good taste." She might have decided she liked Tristan, but she certainly didn't feel like having to choke down pumpkin juice and pretend to enjoy it for his sake.

Tristan was quite happy with how this conversation was going. This girl seemed friendly, but he could sense there was more underneath it. The way she was going along with his comments showed hims he had depth, at least in his eyes. She was cute too. He looked over the drink options and smiled at her comment. "You're putting an awful lot of trust in me, Jessica." He told her in a joking way. He then pointed at one that looked like it was fruity and not too bright in color. "Maybe that one?" He glanced at her, actually curious if she would follow his suggestion. "You're not in Hufflepuff." He told her. "I would have remembered seeing you around, are you in... Ravenclaw?" He guessed. She didn't fit his image of Gryffindor, and he didn't know a lot of Slytherins that seemed this friendly.

Jessica was beginning to quite enjoy talking with Tristan. It was exciting, and fun, and while she would certainly never describe herself as having 'warm fuzzies' or any similar such description... this could be close. She smiled at Tristan's comment. "I have faith you'll prove me right." Examining the drink he pointed out, Jessica agreed that it looked like a suitable contender. She carefully ladled some of the liquid into a cup and took a tentative sip. "Oh, this is good," she said, her eyes widening in surprise at the pleasant flavour. She quickly took another sip before flicking her gaze back up to Tristan, smiling around the rim of the cup. "I knew you'd pick the perfect one." She continued drinking the fruity concoction as he asked which house she was in. "No, I'm not a Ravenclaw," she laughed. "Although I'm flattered you think so. No, I'm just a Slytherin - albeit a non-typical one." She still thought the house stereotypes were complete rubbish, and she hoped Tristan wouldn't make an excuse to leave after hearing she was from the so-called evil, mean, spawn of the Devil house. She didn't want to stop talking to him.

Tristan was really enjoying this encounter, and sort of wishing he had worn a suit. It seemed like something this girl would like. He gave her a smile as she tried the drink and complimented his choice. It was such a silly and small thing, but he felt incredibly pleased by it. "I guess I do have good taste." He told her. "Both in drinks and in companionship, though I suppose you were the one that decided to talk to me, so I guess it's you who should be judged on taste." As soon as she said she was a Slytherin, it made sense to him. He knew that house couldn't be all kids like Lycus or Rory, and she definitely had layers under her cute appearance. "I suppose you could say I'm a non-typical Hufflepuff, so maybe we could start a club." He laughed. "The 'we don't fit in these silly boxes forced upon us by a talking hat' club, perhaps."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back