Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Sexual Orientation
Lesbian
Wand
Curly 11 1/2 Inch Flexible Ivy Wand with Fairy Wing Core
Being a sixth year was fairly alarming for Amber. It was the second to last year at Hogwarts, and in a little less than two years time she would graduate. Amber knew the general direction she wanted to go in after school, but she wasn't entirely sure what exactly she would want to do. Fashion had interested Amber for as long as she could remember, but what kind of career could she make in that field? Was she stylish enough to be a stylist? She certainly wasn't tall enough to be a model, nor did she think she wanted to own her own store like her parents did. One possibility that occasionally popped up in her mind was designing fashion. For the most part, Amber now focused her fashion interests on mixing and matching existing pieces of clothing. She had never tried to make any of her own. It seemed difficult.

A few years ago, she had seen Stella Stilinksi drawing her designs in a sketchpad. They had been beautiful, and the older girl had made it look so easy. It was a shame she had graduated now, or Amber could have asked her for advice. With the idea of trying something rather than simply dismissing it, Amber had purchased a sketchbook of her own during the holidays. Now she had it in front of her on the table in the student lounge. But unfortunately, it wasn't proving as effortless as Stella had made it look. While Amber had ideas in her mind, she found it difficult to translate them to paper. Everything looked clumsy and childish, and she quickly grew frustrated. Her sister could draw very well, but Amber didn't want to ask her for help. Sophie would probably mock her reasons for wanting to learn, and she didn't really feel like listening to that. With an irritated sigh, Amber placed her pencil down on the table after yet another failed attempt at drawing a decent dress. Maybe this wasn't meant for her. A part of her knew she could probably learn if she tried long enough, but Amber wasn't very good at being bad at things. She preferred doing what she was good at, and working to excel in that.

Knowing that she wanted to design clothes forever and ever didn't make any of Elt's school subjects any less interesting. Besides, as she'd heard again and again, it was good to have something to fall back on if her creative endeavours were unsuccessful. Personally, Elt didn't believe in the idea of un-success - how could you fail if you never stopped trying? - but if all she had to do to quieten those people was keep up her grades, she was happy to please.

Hugging a history textbook to her chest, Elt entered the student lounge, where she hoped to find a quiet table to get on with some studying. No sooner had the door closed behind her, however, than she spotted a familiar face, and at once felt impelled to say hello. Climbing up onto the chair beside Amber, she leaned over the girl's book. "Wow!" she said, trying to pry the page up to see if there were any more sketches underneath. "Did you draw these?"

Amber was about at her limit. While the rational part of her brain knew shes just needed practice, she also didn't feel like spending a lot of time on this. She had given it a try. Maybe now, she should focus on her studies again instead. That was something she could always succeed at. Sure, she had to work hard for her grades, but the results were real and tangible. A clear goal she could work towards. Just as she made the movement to close the sketchbook, someone climbed onto the chair besides her and looked at her drawings. Amber was startled, but relaxed as she recognized her friend Elt. "They're not good." She said quickly, trying to close the book but failing with the way Elt was trying to look at the paper underneath. "I did draw them, but I'm not a very good artist." The girl was surprisingly strong for someone so small, and very insistent. "I'm just trying to figure out if I like designing." She said quickly, hoping it would make the Ravenclaw lose interest. But soon, she relented. "Do you want to see them, by any chance?" She asked with a note of dryness in her voice that reminded her of Sophie.

Ever oblivious to people's privacy, Elt batted Amber's hand away, continuing to flip through the pages of the book in spite of the Hufflepuff's attempts to close it. She didn't bother arguing about the quality of the sketches - not because she agreed they weren't any good, but because she figured Amber had to be kidding. Anyway, she was too busy admiring all the outfits to talk just at the minute. "I'm already looking," she said, distracted. Suddenly she came across a different kind of drawing - a heart, with two initials inside it connected with a plus sign. A plus A. "Cute," she said, before flipping past that one as well. "These are really, really good. Do you make your clothes, too?" Amber always looked extra-fashionable, so Elt wouldn't have been surprised.

GM approved

Amber wasn't really surprised that Elt looked at her sketches despite her trying to close the sketchbook. She knew the other girl was curious, and sometimes oblivious to what others wanted. She didn't really mind, so she let the girl look even if it embarrassed her a bit. Even more embarrassing than the outfits she had attempted to draw was the heart. How could she have forgotten about that? Blushing, she shrugged awkwardly. Amber felt surprised when Elt said they were good. Really good, even. Had she given the girl the idea that maybe she was fishing for a compliment when she had said they were bad? But Elt didn’t seem the type to say something like that if she didn’t mean it. Hesitantly, Amber shook her head. “I don’t. I just like putting outfits together.” She said with a gesture at her own clothes. “I buy clothes, but I like to mix and match and be creative in that way. I’m not very good at drawing my own, let alone making them.” She glanced at Elt’s clothes. The girl always looked a little eccentric, but Amber appreciated that she had her own style. She could also imagine that perhaps it was hard to buy clothes as a part-goblin. Amber was simply short, and already sometimes ran into problems. “You make your own clothes, right? I think that’s really awesome.”

Evelyn had som free time and mostly she spend it with friends. She was happy with Lucas, but wanted some time with her other friends too. A place where she always loved coming was the Student Lounge so the blonde went there. It was where she made friendships, for life (she hoped). The blonde entered the room and looked around if she saw some free spot or people she wanted to sit with. When she walked further she noticed Amber and smiled as she saw the girl. Evelyn walked over to her friend and when she arrived she noticed someone else there. Evelyn had saw her before in classes and at the party from Lizzie, but never really spoke to her. Amber knew a lot of people too she figured, and perhaps others than she did. '' Hi Amber!'' Evelyn said friendly to her. And than looked over to the other girl. '' Hi! I don't think we actually have met before. I'm Evelyn.'' The blonde said with a smile and had no idea how this girl was and what kind of things she liked. But it seemed that the girl was different than others and Evelyn had respect for that. Especially when it came to clothes. Evelyn always thought that fashion was a way of expressing yourself. The blonde herself was dressed in a muggle fashion brand today called Tommy Hilfiger. Evelyn loved the muggle clothing, and visited the stores together with her dad. The blonde went sitting on a free spot and than listened to what the other girls where saying. She noticed Amber having something inside of her hands. It seemed like they were talking about clothes, and ofcourse Evelyn was always into that. In fact she wanted to make a future in that by leading her own brand or became the face/model of one. '' What are you guys doing? Is that a sketchbook?'' The blonde asked while looking at Amber.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back